raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Squat will not go up

As the title says. I'm 15, 6'2, weigh about 155, and my squat will NOT go up. I started bodybuilding back in November, and since then my bench has gone up almost 100lbs, and everything else has seen significant improvement except my squat. I'm I squat 115 for like 5-8 reps then I can't do it anymore. I cannot keep my heels on the ground, I'm always pushing through the balls of my feet with this "heavy" weight.

I've watched every squat video on YouTube, and read every article about weight not going up. The people posting stuff like this are already hitting 200+ for reps, unlike me who can barely do 115. I tried squating 3x a week for about a month and I couldn't up the weight. I did 125 for one workout, but I could only squeeze out 2-3 reps and I wasn't going parallel. Also on leg day I'm doing 3-5 sets of squats, (now with lower weight to try and slowly increase the weight) 3 sets of BB lunges, 5 sets of leg extensions, 5 sets of leg curls.

Nutrition wise, I intermittently fast, but I'm still eating roughly 3-4 thousand calories a day AND I am putting on weight and seeing strength gains in everything but the squat. I started off pretty skinny fat, and i dont think i'm still like 15% BF so I am eating enough (i.e. whole frozen pizzas drenched in olive oil for breakfast everyday) I've had numerous people tell me my form is fine and I'm doing it right. Also, my lower back experiences pain for a day or so after squatting. Back problems run in my family, but I don't train my lower back so I was wondering if my lower back could be too weak to support the weight on it? I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Inb4 skinny ***got, I started at 130, slowly making progress
    Inb4 red
    Inb4 eat more
    Inb4 op can't inb4

TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    youtube search "hip mobility montage", great vid, get better flexibility and see what happens. Do deadlifts

BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradRTom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whole pizzas? Not really the optimal type of food for muscle building
    Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew

One of the best stories I've read:
    http://doyouevenlift.tumblr.com/post/31050932469/craigs-story

"The loser and the winner both have failed. It just that the winner gets back up and does it again." Greg Plitt

raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raisb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheSaltyAngus View Post
    youtube search "hip mobility montage", great vid, get better flexibility and see what happens. Do deadlifts
    Thank you for the advice, will do. And also, is that a smart move? Literally every man in my family has back problemas, and like I said, I experience pain after squatting

Originally Posted by BradRTom View Post
    Whole pizzas? Not really the optimal type of food for muscle building
    From the information I've gathered over the months, if you hit your protein macros and eat enough if whatever, you will put on muscle, and some fat depending on how many calories over maintainence you're eating. Thank you for the reply

Reddit2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Switch to front squats for a while. That might help

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just keep squatting. There are only a few reasons why your squat isn't improving.
    1) You're actually doing it completely wrong. Gym monkeys aren't the best source of technique advice.
    2) You're a total wimp.
    3) You're one of those very rare cases in which your hips are oddly weak/brittle.

Oh, and if your back is too weak to support 135 lbs, then you got some real issues going on. I'd see a doctor.
    I wake up with back pain every morning because of squatting so often. It's never been a big deal for me. It's not injured so it's fine.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233