utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlifts and Deficit Deadlifts

I tried to search, but it wasn't pulling anything up and kept giving some kind of error.

Do you guys work deadlifts AND deficit deadlifts together, or do you sub out deficit deadlifts during your normal deadlift days?

I'm not sure if I should be doing both or if I should be substituting one for the other.

Thanks!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by utgunslinger13 View Post
    I tried to search, but it wasn't pulling anything up and kept giving some kind of error.

Do you guys work deadlifts AND deficit deadlifts together, or do you sub out deficit deadlifts during your normal deadlift days?

I'm not sure if I should be doing both or if I should be substituting one for the other.

Thanks!
    This depends on the plan you are using. There is not right or wrong way to setup your training. I have used them both together and both separate. You can also use Rack pulls to augment training.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    This depends on the plan you are using. There is not right or wrong way to setup your training. I have used them both together and both separate. You can also use Rack pulls to augment training.
    I wasn't sure if doing both would "over train" in a sense. I am currently using rack pulls in my training, which from what I've read helps with the 2nd half of the deadlift. I noticed the first half of the deadlift is much harder for me, so I was looking to add deficits but wanted to do it properly.

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would guess the deficit style would be more in the legs and hips.
    The rack pulls are a lazy way to hit Just the back.
    personally I think regular deads are just fine...
    I've also used 35 as the base weight (rather than 45s) to get some of the deficit effect.
    Also recently used chains for progressive resistance. Easier on the knees and hips and harder on the back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhuVS02tjLA

http://www.********.com/ChrisMacKenz...iveBodybuilder
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've done deficits over the last couple months for the first time. They are wicked hard and they really help bring up the bottom half of your deadlift, no doubt! For me, I was following a Sheiko routine, so I would do deficit deadlifts and then later in my workout, do regular deads off the floor. Google Sheiko #29 if you want more info on how the routine is setup.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    I've done deficits over the last couple months for the first time. They are wicked hard and they really help bring up the bottom half of your deadlift, no doubt! For me, I was following a Sheiko routine, so I would do deficit deadlifts and then later in my workout, do regular deads off the floor. Google Sheiko #29 if you want more info on how the routine is setup.
    Thanks! How much of a deficit do you recommend? I'm limited in options at my gym, and really the only think I can think of using would be those plastic step things from the step aerobics classes. I'm thinking its about a 3-4 inch step up?

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by utgunslinger13 View Post
    Thanks! How much of a deficit do you recommend? I'm limited in options at my gym, and really the only think I can think of using would be those plastic step things from the step aerobics classes. I'm thinking its about a 3-4 inch step up?
    Yeah, I am limited as well. The wooden block I stand on is about 3 inches I think. Doesn't sound like much but it DESTROYS your legs