Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Non-lifting ******* requires help...

Hi guys, have just fully recovered from a groin operation I had earlier this year and was planning on starting lifting but in 3 weeks I'm off backpacking for 5-6 months. Will be staying in hostels with limited food options and won't realistically be able to join a gym (constant moving around and prices for 1-day/7-day passes). I'm 5'11.5" and weigh around 173 lbs. Haven't got much muscle at all - I do a calisthenic home work out but I'm kinda chubby so you wouldn't be able to see any abs anyway.

So, wat do? Is cutting down to skinny no muscle mode my only option? I don't really want to bulk as my face holds a lot of fat as it is, and I won't be able to work out properly so that'd be pointless. It's annoying because at the mo my moobies sometimes look like pecs and I look decent, if I start to lose weight from here they flatten and I just look weird. Woe is me.

If I do a calisthenic program while I'm away travelling will it help at all? Or without sufficient protein/calories will it all be for nought?

Well, cheers guys, pic included. Please don't bully me too much!

P.S. My legs are quite skinny.

Ideally, and I'll be perfectly honest, I'd want to look like this for now:

Would I have to lift for that or just cut weight? Would I gradually get LIKE that if I was on a caloric deficit (won't be able to spend lots on food for the next 6 months) and doing a calisthenic work out at the hostels?
    Last edited by Meleky; 09-26-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    50 views 0 replies, come on!

ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500) ArtfulDodger1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Meleky View Post
    50 views 0 replies, come on!
    I would just cut if i was you. Move some of that extra bit of fat you have. Instead of a gym membership why dont you just do some push ups, sit ups, stomach vaccums etc before and when you travel? seems the best option to me..

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just watch your calories and eat fairly well during your trip -- enjoy it while you can, come back, and start a proper diet + workout regimen.

You're like me -- you don't have nearly enough muscle mass to really cut, and you'll just end up looking like a concentration camp survivor. So, enjoy your trip, get back, and get started on lifting some weights.

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't worry too much, do home workouts with whatever you can do if you won't be able to pay for a gym every time you move, and just watch what you eat, although you could even disregard that since you'll probably want to try different food in the different places you visit. I say you enjoy these 5-6 months of your life, that's the whole point right? You can get serious about lifting when you get back.

Albeit difficult, if you're up for the effort you can get serious while traveling, if you can spare money for the gym, but you're the only one that can say if it'll be worth it or not for you. I don't know how it is in your country but I have gone to gyms for 1 day to "try it first", see if you can do that with different gyms lol.
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?