ajmillar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taekwondo and kickboxing

Been training in tkd seriously for about two and a half years, five years in total. Recently started doing kickboxing and love it, won a national gold in my first competition and would love to step up to full contact within the next year. been weight training since I was about 16, but it fell out of habit now just trying to get back into it to improve strength and body conditioning for my sports. I weigh 108 +/- 2 kgs and looking to drop to 95 for competing and possibly further down to 90.

Beast of a training today. Feel great about training despite a small niggling injury in my hip.

Swimming
    20 X 25 metre laps

Taekwondo
    5 minute light warm up
    Sprints for ten minutes
    One minute intense pad drills
    Hand and foot drills
    6 X 1 minute sparring sessions
    1 minute 30 full med contact bag work
    5 minute cool down

Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ajmillar1 View Post
    Beast of a training today. Feel great about training despite a small niggling injury in my hip.

Swimming
    20 X 25 metre laps

Taekwondo
    5 minute light warm up
    Sprints for ten minutes
    One minute intense pad drills
    Hand and foot drills
    6 X 1 minute sparring sessions
    1 minute 30 full med contact bag work
    5 minute cool down
    Not being a dick but I jus dont think your training isn't solid enuff..You need more bag work to work on skill, technique and strength, one minute intense pad drills isnt enuff try nd get 1 hour of technique and skill on pads, I usually average a hour and a half to two just on pads, if your serious about competing then you need more, just my gym training exceeds a little over 4 hours a day, not including my roadwork when I get home and I dont do your sport mine is different yes but we both have to benefit from the same type of mindset winch is a fighters state of mind..Substitute swimming for roadWork, work harder if you plan to be the best

Originally Posted by Tex236 View Post
    Not being a dick but I jus dont think your training isn't solid enuff..You need more bag work to work on skill, technique and strength, one minute intense pad drills isnt enuff try nd get 1 hour of technique and skill on pads, I usually average a hour and a half to two just on pads, if your serious about competing then you need more, just my gym training exceeds a little over 4 hours a day, not including my roadwork when I get home and I dont do your sport mine is different yes but we both have to benefit from the same type of mindset winch is a fighters state of mind..Substitute swimming for roadWork, work harder if you plan to be the best
    Fair enough point to make. I dont skip out on roadwork I try to run at least three times per week, swimming I do at least four times per week seeing as I'm a lifeguard it's easy to do some swimming before I start a shift. Sunday is my day where I spend four hours training working on technique, pad drills bag work etc. training with the Scotland national team. It's not as easy in Scotland to train four hours a day and seeing as I'm nowhere near pro or even semi pro level I have to work 8 hour shifts to fund my training. However advice taken on board and training will be getting stepped up sharpish.