cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to move Heavy 1-piece Equipment?

This is usually an issue with the selectorized commercial equipment, and I know for some pieces you might be able to remove the weight stack to decrease the load which will help, but what is the best way to move these type of heavy pieces that are one entire piece welded together and cannot be taken apart? Would using moving straps or a hand truck be the best way to load them onto a vehicle?

Examples of 1-piece welded machines I am talking about...

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is no one correct universal answer as different machines will have different foot prints. Also it will depend on stairs, hallways, doors, etc...

I have found that a nice appliance dolly is the best for machines that this will actually fit onto.

http://www.amazon.com/Harper-Trucks-.../dp/B0026WG51S

If the appliance dolly does not work (usually because there is no good way to get it under or near the weight stack) than furniture dollies can usually be very useful.

Think something like these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb...source=linking

Also, some equipment manufacturers have holes on the feet of the machines which can be used to bolt the machine down, but is also a great place for a bolt on caster like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-...ake-90992.html

I have moved more of these than I care to think about. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or send me a PM.

As for getting them into a truck the best way is to usually lean the side with the weight stack onto the tailgate and then lift and slide. Make sure you use a blanket or something else to protect the tailgate and the machine.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, that pretty much covers it. Only thing I could add is to bring a few pals. Usually, beer and pizza helps in a situation like this. Don't be cheap.

cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great advice

thank you

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cm45 View Post

I know for some pieces you might be able to remove the weight stack to decrease the load which will help, but what is the best way to move these type of heavy pieces that are one entire piece welded together and cannot be taken apart?
    No machine is entriely welded together and unable to be disassembled.

Only the frame components are welded, then powder coated, and then the rest of the components are attaced to the assembly.

Whilst it may not be immediately obvious, there will be a way to remove the compnents from the frame.

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    There is no one correct universal answer as different machines will have different foot prints. Also it will depend on stairs, hallways, doors, etc...

I have found that a nice appliance dolly is the best for machines that this will actually fit onto.

http://www.amazon.com/Harper-Trucks-.../dp/B0026WG51S

If the appliance dolly does not work (usually because there is no good way to get it under or near the weight stack) than furniture dollies can usually be very useful.

Think something like these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb...source=linking

Also, some equipment manufacturers have holes on the feet of the machines which can be used to bolt the machine down, but is also a great place for a bolt on caster like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-...ake-90992.html

I have moved more of these than I care to think about. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or send me a PM.

As for getting them into a truck the best way is to usually lean the side with the weight stack onto the tailgate and then lift and slide. Make sure you use a blanket or something else to protect the tailgate and the machine.
    I have got by with the first two things ndmike mentioned and moved plenty of selectorized stuff and heavy equipment. 1 Heavy duty handcart and furnitue dollies. I completely reorganized my gym a few weeks ago using only two hand dollies on my own. They are incredible once you figure out how to use them the easiest way.That last idea is incredible. I never would have thought to do that.
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Call the local Fitness company and have their installers do it?
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I consider myself an expert on this subject as I must have loaded / unloaded 200+ machines in and out of homes / buildings / vehicles. My best friend is my pallet jack. Something like this:

At its lowest point it is only 2 inches off the ground and with a lot of commercial machines you can just roll it right under the machine and pick it up. A few of the machines you posted would be able to be picked up easily with a pallet jack. You just have to pick the machine up at the right angle for the forks to fit through. Check craigslist, they usually have them for sale for $50-$100 used. They make big and small pallet jacks and the small ones work better for getting in and out of time spaces but I use my big one mostly.

My second favorite toy is "Big Joe", its a walk-behind forklift:

Big Joe was a life saver when moving machines, it made it so I was able to move everything by myself. I would use the pallet jack to wheel the machine near my truck, then I would use big joe to lift it into my truck. Here is a pic I found of me loading a pullover that I shipped to the UK for a hardcore lifting gym. This pullover must have been almost 700 LBS and big joe has lifted almost 1000 lbs before. You can buy these used for around $300-$400. Its heavy but light enough where I can load it onto my trailer when picking up equipment from gyms or houses.

Now I have my bobcat tractor and that can lift 1000 LBS on the forks. Its great, I drive equipment from my barn right into my double doors in my basement and place it down then use my pallet jack to bring it into place in my gym
    Attached Images

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wonderful post, str8out.
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will be hauling a selectorized multi gym (tuff stuff axt 3) about 100 miles this evening in an open top utility trailer. I'm scared about the thing trying to move around on that trailer. Any advice on securing the thing to the trailer, I'm planning on using a good 4 tie down ratchet type straps and sucking it tight up against the front of the trailer, but my sphincter is pretty puckered about this long drive with a nice machine in an open trailer?

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    I will be hauling a selectorized multi gym (tuff stuff axt 3) about 100 miles this evening in an open top utility trailer. I'm scared about the thing trying to move around on that trailer. Any advice on securing the thing to the trailer, I'm planning on using a good 4 tie down ratchet type straps and sucking it tight up against the front of the trailer, but my sphincter is pretty puckered about this long drive with a nice machine in an open trailer?
    I've hauled quite a few pieces on a flat trailer with a rail at 1ft. I would position the piece wherever the trailer carries the load best. Putting it all the way forward increases the tongue weight and can cause the trailer to handle poorly (depends on the weight of the piece and design of the trailer). Once I decide on the position, I strap it to the front with a ratchet strap (tight, but not tight enough to move the machine). I then strap it to the rear and tighten both the forward and rear straps. This will usually hold it in place pretty good. However, depending on the shape and where you've attached the straps, it may want to slide sideways. I generally get in the trailer and try my best to move it. If I get side to side movement, I strap it to both sides. I then add a second front and rear strap just in case one of the primaries were to break.

The reason I strap front and back is that my rail is only 1ft high. In my situation, slamming on the brakes could cause it to flip forward. If the front portion of your trailer is high enough that it can't come forward, you may be ok with one strap.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the tips, I'm renting the utility trailer from Uhaul, pretty reasonable price. I'll have to break the unit down some to get it out of the guy's house, so I'm hoping it's pretty manageable. I'll check where the trailer best handles weight, I'm not sure this thing is gonna be too heavy, I think fully assembled it's around 500 lbs.