DRek623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

looking for baseball training for next year

im looking for a baseball workout program that i can follow so i can play next year. i havent played in a year due to injury and other troubles. i want to play next year being my senior year and what not. i am currently trying to lose weight and i am 225 right now would like to get be around 180 or 170 for next year in the fall for fall baseball at school. i am motivated to prove everybody wrong as i was told by the baseball coach that i couldnt play cause i coulnt run 1 1/2 miles in 12 minutes and also stated i was to "chubby". i swear those were his exact words. i just want to prove him wrong make the team and show him what he missed out on with me. i still go to the batting cages just about every week and i play catch with my brother a lot. so my swing and arm havent vanished. i want to some what bulk up and build strength for my swing and arm and also to be versatile on the field.

I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and i do cardio 4 or 5 days a week depending on how many times i go. i workout just about every muscle once a week
    Last edited by DRek623; 03-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some questions i gotta ask before helping. 1)What position(s) are you looking at going for 2)are you sure the tryouts are in fall, nothing for the team in summer? cuz most programs do something and 3)are you willing to work your ass off, feel the intense pain of a real workout, be able to push yourself even when you dont want to be pushed, stay consistent no matter what, and prepared to make baseball the priority over everything but your grades and family?
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

Sorry I could respond faster I had some trouble with my internet, anyway Im a first baseman, can play 3rd as well, I am trying to see if I can find something like.perhaps way for the summer but haven't had any luck, and yes I am.looking to work my ass.off and do whatever I can to have baseball as my number 1 priority!!! I will try to find something in the summer for sure I don't think the school does anything in the summer but I will try to find something

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You make this much closer to home when you say your a corner player. Im a corner player and pitcher myself so I can give you alot of personal information i have seen work since ive done it too. So as a corner player you have two main priorities, you need to be able to be a wall on the field and a beast at the plate, not easy, but simple right? If you make the committment now you can have a little bit more than four months to get into beasty baseball mode. Ill split this into multiple replies because im gonna give you a 4-5 month gym program, and your on field program. You have to find somewhere you can play baseball to get ready for baseball, im sure if you dont have access to your school field you can find a local field to work at.

So the rest of this reply will focus on your lifting schedule, first step though take a break...yes you read right back off the weights until the 16th it will reset your body and make sure you really are fresh to start and you will be dying to start by then. Once you hit April 16th, which is a monday youll start lifting 3 times a week, full body workouts and youll be doing this for five weeks. Starting May 21st youll start a four day upper/lower split for five weeks. From June 25th to July 1st will be a deload phase. Then from July 2nd until September 5th you will perform a power based 5 day a week phase. Ill post each workout in a different reply to keep them less cluttered
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

April 16th-May 20th (before EVERY workout make sure to go on an elliptical or treadmill for 10 minutes and do a full body stretching regimen to warm up) For all exercises you should take about 2-3 minutes to recover except abs and arms should only be 60-90 seconds
    Monday
    Squats 3x8
    Bench 3x8
    Leg curls 3x10
    Bent over Barbell rows 3x8
    Dumbell seated shoulder press 3x8
    Full ROM sit up/Leg Lifts 3x10-30/10-30
    Planks 3x30-120 seconds
    5 minute cooldown then stretch
    Tuesday-Rest from weights
    Wednesday
    Deadlifts 3x8
    Dumbell Bench Press 3x8
    Forward Lunges 3x10 each leg
    1 arm Dumbells Rows 3x8 each arm
    Seated Military(Barbell) press 3x8
    Hammer curls/Skullcrushers 3x10/10
    Thursday-Rest from weights
    Friday
    Squats 3x8
    Bench 3x8
    Leg curls 3x10
    Bent over Barbell rows 3x8
    Dumbell seated shoulder press 3x8
    Planks 3x30-120 seconds
    Saturday-(optional) run for 20-40 minutes
    Sunday-Rest
    When there is a / between two exercises it means you superset them, which means you perform the second one right after the first one and then rest

From May 21st to June 24th will be the strength phase. Again (before EVERY workout make sure to go on an elliptical or treadmill for 10 minutes and do a full body stretching regimen to warm up)
    Monday
    Squats 3x5
    Deadlifts 3x4
    Military Press 3x6
    Shrugs 3x10 (go straight up and down no circular motion because this overtaxes your rotator cuff)
    Planks 3x30-120 seconds

Tuesday
    Bench Press 5x5
    Dumbell Bench Press/1 arm Rows 3x6/6 each arm
    Wide grip Pulldowns/Explosive Push Ups 3x10/10-30
    EZ bar full ROM Curl/EZ bar standing tricep extensions 3x10/10

Wednesday-Rest from weights

Thursday
    Squats 3x5
    Deadlifts 3x4
    Military Press 3x6
    Shrugs 3x10 (go straight up and down no circular motion because this overtaxes your rotator cuff)
    Planks 3x30-120 seconds

Friday
    Bent over barbell rows 5x5
    1 arm Rows/Dumbell bench press 3x6 each arm/6
    Pec deck/chin ups 3x10/failure
    Hammer curls/Skullcrushers 3x8/8

Saturday-Rest from weights
    Sunday-Rest from weights

okey so this is phases 1 and 2 of the weight training, i am done for today, tonight or tomorrow hopefully ill get back on and i will post up phase 3 and your on field stuff.

You should invest in some protien powder too, mix it with 16 oz of milk (i prefer skim but 2% fine) and drink it right after working out. If i have confused you in any way thus far please let me know, questions, concerns, ideas, etc im glad to hear them. im glad to help in any way i can.

gr8yassir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gr8yassir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been shared some tips on Google plus in which every sportsman should fit their Health & Fitness.

ok thanks looking forward to the rest of the workouts

I apologize for lagging on the rest of the info i said id provide havent been able to really sit down and type on here since it was Easter weekend, tonight i will post up your start up throwing program, i think ill hold of on giving you the phase 3 lifting program until you are actually around the time to start so we can see just where youre at. I think by the end of the week ill have your entire on-field program for weeks 1-10, but youll break it up just like your lifting, week 1-5 will be phase 1 and week 6-10 will be phase 2.

Phase 1
    5-10 minutes of jogging
    5-10 minutes Full body stretching
    5-10 minutes Dynamic warm up (watch this and perform the movements from steps 1 and 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INDEd...eature=related
    Arm circles:15 little forward;15 little backward; 15 big forward;15 big backward
    Throwing
    10 minute warm up
    Throw at 45-60 feet for 4 minutes
    Throw at 90 feet for 4 minutes
    Throw at 120 feet for 2 minutes
    Then perform each week of the following:
    Week 1: Play catch at a distance of 60 feet throwing half speed for 20-25 minutes per session, 3 times a week for one week.

Week 2: Perform long easy throws of 150-200 feet getting the ball barely back to your partner on 5-6 bounces. This is to be performed for 20-25 minutes per session on two consecutive days, (Monday and Tuesday). Then rest the arm for 1 day. Repeat the sequence one time for the next two days, (Thursday and Friday). Then rest the arm for 2 days.

Week 3: Perform long easy throws from 200-250 feet with the ball barely getting back to your partner on numerous bounces. This is to be performed for 20-25 minutes per session on two consecutive days, (Monday and Tuesday). Then rest the arm for one day. Repeat the sequence one time for the next two days, Thursday and Friday). Then rest the arm for two days.

Week 4: Execute stronger throws from 150-200 feet getting the ball back to your partner on one to two bounces. This should be performed approximately 30-35 minutes per session on two consecutive days, (Monday and Tuesday). Rest the arm for one day. Repeat the same routine for the next two days, Thursday and Friday). Then rest the arm for two days.

Week 5: Perform short, crisp throws from a distance of 120 feet with a relatively straight trajectory hitting your partner in the chest. These throws should be performed for 30 minutes on two consecutive days, (Monday and Tuesday). Rest the arm for one day. Repeat the sequence one time for the next two days, (Thursday and Friday). Then rest the arm for the next two days.

Okey so this is week 1-5 of the warm up and throwing aspect of your on field work right now the main focus is conditioning your arm so most of your field time is aimed at that right now, ill include in another post more stuff including hitting, fielding, speed and agility, and stuff. I recommend going out and buying a hitting tee because that is a hitters best friend and its easy and convenient to have all the time.

Alright today ill be giving out some speed and agility help. So you want to lose weight well even though this isnt the main focus here it will help in that on top of making you faster. Like before this is for weeks 1 to 5. For week 1 do this once after your throwing. For weeks 2-4 do it twice after throwing, but not on consecutive days. First off get some cones and a stop watch, you may feel like this is more like a NFL combine when your doing it but it will do wonders for you. The things you need are lateral agility, explosive speed, and first step quickness. Simply put you need to be able to go get moving quick and fast in variable directions.
    So heres what youll be doing
    Sprint 90 feet x3-6 (work your way up so you get 6 by week 5)
    Shuttle run x3 heres how to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFDQnOLq6Y
    take offs x6 (3 each way) basically start in a baseball ready position and take off left or right for five explosive steps and then repeat going opposite way
    3 cone drill x3 http://stacktv.stack.com/Velocity-Sp...ll.html?page=1 (to tweak to make a bit more baseball oriented on the first touch use your left hand, second use right, and then sprint like a demon)
    Andd this is speed and agility weeks 1-5 =)
    As always questions and concerns just ask me

Registered User paramedicskater's Avatar
    paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10) paramedicskater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good info... i am jsut a rec ball player but i am going to incorporate some of this stuff for sure

Alright, today i will sum up your on field training for the first 5 weeks. Ive covered throwing, lifting, speed, and agility. Now comes fielding and hitting. I will give you three things of advice prior to giving you this info 1)get a hitting tee 2)workout at both sides of the field, the ball definitely looks different from either side of the field 3) make friends with someone at that batting cage who can aid in your swing development, im not saying go pay a hitting coach, but if you see one drop him a quick question here and there or find someone that goes there like you but seems to be a seasoned player and ask him for his advice on your swing. Okey so this will be used on the days you are not performing speed and agility stuff. since you obviously have a throwing partner you have a fielding partner now too.
    So heres a run through ill be posting videos mostly so you gotta watch them to find the sets and reps
    http://stacktv.stack.com/Baseball/Ti...all-Drill.html
    http://stacktv.stack.com/Mizuno/Mizu...ing-Drill.html - for this obviously use a baseball instead but this drill needs to be expanded on. First off you and your partner start on knees like he is about 6 or so feet apart. Start with simply rolling the ball hard to your partner in front for 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jdef...eature=related (just watch the first set of drills to see how to perform the next three drills)
    Then perform short hops in front for 7
    Then left side short hops for 7
    Then right side short hops for 7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duJys...eature=related (just watch from 30 to 60 seconds)
    perform these at 6 feet apart and go for about 10 as fast as possible and switch ball roller, perform twice each.
    After that just have someone hit grounders for a few minutes, because nothing is like the real thing.
    After this, if you are going to the cages get some solid work there and if you can bring your tee and hit off of that as well, work inside outside down the middle high low everything with the tee. If you know you cant go to a cage then use the tee even more! This is everything for your first five weeks of baseball prep GOOD LUCK!!!
    And always ask questions or bring up concerns im here to help

Thank you very much, all your help is appreciated

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow amazing responses.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
    Wow amazing responses.
    its easy to do when you are passionate about what youre talking about, i looked at your profile and i felt like i was entering a body building science lab haha, wall of good information and working out good luck in the meet youre planning on doing this year

hey any updates on bballin brah?

Registered User StevenGlansburg's Avatar
    StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenGlansburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in b4 strong response time..

but have you checked out stack.com?

they have good S about baseball training.
    lol at bertstare everytime you see it crew

Originally Posted by StevenGlansburg View Post
    in b4 strong response time..

but have you checked out stack.com?

they have good S about baseball training.
    im starting to think thats how the sports training section works, people make accounts just to ask about how to improve and never go on after they get answers. I just would like to know what he thought about what i gave him so i know what i should change in the future.
    And yeah, stack is the shyt some of the advice i gave him were links to their stuff i just wish they changed their websites format back to the old way.