Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Follow up: My weight loss (pictures, workout, diet)

I got quite a few PMs recently in regards to my eating and routine while losing 56.5 lbs, I'm going to create this thread and link to it for people in the future. Also I welcome all questions!

BEFORE & AFTER:
    (the before picture was taken after I had already lost my initial 11.5 lbs.)

MORE AFTER'S:

DIET (IIFYM):

Ate 2,500 on non-lifting days, ate 2,700 on lifting days. I ate a LOT of "bad" food during this cut. I would go to fast food roughly 2-4 times per week and just make sure it always fit my macros. I used www.fitday.com to track, but since switching to www.myfitnesspal.com I would much more highly suggest you use fitness pal, it's a much better website for tracking macros.

CARBS: 40-50%
    PROTEIN: 25-35%
    FAT: 20-30%

SUPPLEMENTS USED:
    ON gold standard whey protein (usually only on lifting days, 1 scoop)
    generic creatine monohydrate (5 grams, only on lifting days in post workout shake)
    preworkout: universal shock therapy (fuking awesome stuff, srs)

WORKOUT:
    I split my days between "deadlift day" and "squat day". I find this workout split is ideal for people who work odd hours because you only have to work out roughly 2-3 days per week minimum to stimulate every muscle in your body.

deadlift day:
    back
    BB row: 2 warmups, then 3x8-12
    lat pulldown: 3x8-12
    hamstrings
    glute-ham raise: assisted for 3x10
    ham curls: 2x12
    shoulders
    seated DB press: 1 warmup, then 3x6-8
    rear lateral raise: 3x10
    triceps
    overhead DB extension: 3x8-12
    reverse grip cable push down: 2x10

squat day:
    quads
    split squats: 2 warmups, then 3x6 PER leg
    lunges: 3x14-20 + SUPERSET WITH + leg extenstion 3 second hold at top: 3x5-10
    calves
    seated calf raise: 3x10-12
    chest
    flat DB bench press: 1-2 warmups, then 3x8-12
    cable crossover: 3x10-15
    abs
    delcine ab twist: 3x10-20

*resistance training workouts I would superset a lot of the above exercises, sessions never went longer than 45 minutes MAX, and obviously change my exercise selection almost every single time I came in to lift. Don't remember intentionally ever doing the same workout twice (srs).

CARDIO
    I did a lot of mountain biking and outdoor hiking during this time. My aerobic fitness level improved SUBSTANTIALLY after dropping the first 45 lbs or so. I also would hit up the elliptical or treadmill, maintaining a 140-160 BPM heart rate about once or twice per week, 30 minutes per time.

ANY QUESTIONS, POST THEM IN HERE, I AM SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SO I WILL SEE YOUR QUESTION, AND ANSWER IT!!!
    Last edited by HMFIC_BROWSIN; 02-13-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Spoiler alert; you die at the end.

nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nyillmatic is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow awesome transformation brah. I'm about the safe BF as you were, probably a bit lower. I'm one month in and doing work, tons of water, tons of lifting/cardio and solid diet. I have yet to see much change though. How long did it take for you to see change at 1 month? 2 months and 3 and 4th month of your transformation?

trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice, we are around the same size except you had more pec fat and I have more belly fat.

What supps did you use?
    This posting is defunct - posting as an alias this is not the person who they were portraying - everything posted was fictional in an attempt to ruin character

HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by trailblazerbrah View Post
    Nice, we are around the same size except you had more pec fat and I have more belly fat.

What supps did you use?
    will add to OP...

SUPS USED:
    generic creatine monohydrate (5 grams, only on lifting days in post workout shake)

trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trailblazerbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post
    will add to OP...

SUPS USED:
    no fat burners or EC?
    This posting is defunct - posting as an alias this is not the person who they were portraying - everything posted was fictional in an attempt to ruin character

Originally Posted by nyillmatic View Post
    How long did it take for you to see change at 1 month? 2 months and 3 and 4th month of your transformation?
    When I was at the 3 and 4 month point, I was extremely frustrated. I mean, I didn't look as big in a shirt anymore, and I looked skinny-fat with a shirt off. it was awful lol... I knew if I kept going though, the abs would eventually have to show themselves, so I just kept on it. I stopped worrying about my "stats" (number on the scale) and adjusted my final target weight from about 190 down to a new goal of 170 because I knew that was when I was going to be knocking on the door of that infamous 10% level everyone wants to be on...

no fat burners or EC?
    no. I don't really buy into much supplement hype to be honest....

no. I don't really buy into much supplement hype to be honest....

Alright cool. I've been on the edge about purchasing EC or a fat burner but still haven't. Since our stats are almost the same as your original picture I won't buy anything and just keep using what i've been using (Fish oil multi and green tea)

Alright cool. I've been on the edge about purchasing EC or a fat burner but still haven't. Since our stats are almost the same as your original picture I won't buy anything and just keep using what i've been using (Fish oil multi and green tea)
    yezzir. Just make sure you stay on top of your post workout nutrition, I got lazy about the protein shakes after my workouts near the end of my cut and I gave up a lot of strength when I did that...

matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome transformation. I wish I could cut on that high of calories but being layed off and broke in the middle of winter dosnt burn many cals
    +rep

Originally Posted by matt1942 View Post
    Awesome transformation. I wish I could cut on that high of calories but being layed off and broke in the middle of winter dosnt burn many cals
    +rep
    I'm a former MI resident... Everyone in that sh!tty state is unemployed lol... get the hell out of there (seriously, you don't know how bad it really is until you leave)

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yezzir. Just make sure you stay on top of your post workout nutrition, I got lazy about the protein shakes after my workouts near the end of my cut and I gave up a lot of strength when I did that...

You don't need anything post workout if you ate before, also there is a '24 hour anabolic window' so you have a lot of time

Good progress, another proof 'eating processed foods' isn't going to stop anyone from achieving their goals, as many retarded posters here talk about eating clean or any of that shiat..

matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt1942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a former MI resident... Everyone in that sh!tty state is unemployed lol... get the hell out of there (seriously, you don't know how bad it really is until you leave)
    I left once, came back got married and had kids. Not so easy now

ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajw1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great job... but the most important question... how the hell did you do that photo with the camera in your mouth? That's impressive

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow man congrats, very inspiring!. I recently had a change in mentality and really am dedicated to becoming fit and in shape again. Thanks for posting your story and thread up. Would love to have you critique my work out, and diet. I'm similar but higher in BF%. Here is what I'm doing, I'm basically creating my own routine from different things i find are working.

Began on 1/9/2011 @ 209 LB's.

Today 2/13/2012 196.4 lb's
    28yo 5'7
    30% BF

Diet is similar this is today.

Bfast
    Spinach shake (1/2 banana, 1/4c lowfat milk, scoop of protein powder, 3 cups of spinach, 2 cups of ice)

Lunch
    Grilled chicken spinach salad w tomatoes and onions

Dinner
    Steak or chicken .. egg drop soup and salad

This is my workout for today.

Exercise 1
    2 Pushups on medicine ball (1 on each hand), 1 Pullup, 4 Pushups on medicine ball (2 on each hand), 2 Pullups, 6 Pushups on medicine ball (3 on each hand), 3 Pullups, 8 Pushups on medicine ball (4 on each hand), 4 Pullups, 10 Pushups on medicine ball (5 on each hand), 5 Pullups (Do this with no rest and use assistance if needed )
    20 seconds of plank on one foot with toe raise, 20 seconds of plank on other foot with toe raise. Rest 30 seconds.
    Repeat these 3 times
    30 Seconds of Mountain Climbers with hands on the ground

Exercise 2
    12 dumbbell flies on an inclined bench with a pulse at the bottom
    12 dumbbell deadlifts. Slow (4 seconds) on the way down, fast (1 second) on the way up
    Repeat these 3 times.

Exercise 3
    12 Pushups on Dumbbells Mixed with 12 Dumbbell Rows (Put dumbbells shoulder width apart on the ground. Get in pushup position while gripping the dumbbells.
    Do a full rep of a pushup and then at the top pull up on the dumbbell and do a bent over row. Alternate hands after each rep of pushup)
    12 reps of “thread the needle” side plank each side
    Repeat these 3 times.

Trying to workout 3 days with weights and then 2 days of cardio. I have just been jogging for cardio. I am going to begin doing some HIIT cardio, and or playing some sports like basketball.

Also trying to do one day on the weekend of crossfit type workouts. My goal is to get down to around 160 -170. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great progress OP
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    seen this before from the cut thread, but I'll say gjdm again.
    There is no need to be upset

Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    You don't need anything post workout if you ate before, also there is a '24 hour anabolic window' so you have a lot of time

Good progress, another proof 'eating processed foods' isn't going to stop anyone from achieving their goals, as many retarded posters here talk about eating clean or any of that shiat..
    Yea I was getting no nutrition around my workouts near the end of the cut. Like I said, got lazy. Now I'm doing a re-feed and slam down a ground oats/protein shake after I lift.

Originally Posted by matt1942 View Post
    I left once, came back got married and had kids. Not so easy now
    yikes... sucks to be trapped in the worst place in america

Originally Posted by ajw1982 View Post
    Great job... but the most important question... how the hell did you do that photo with the camera in your mouth? That's impressive
    it was a video recording, I just saved the screen cap lol

Originally Posted by exwhyzee View Post
    Wow man congrats, very inspiring!. I recently had a change in mentality and really am dedicated to becoming fit and in shape again. Thanks for posting your story and thread up. Would love to have you critique my work out, and diet. I'm similar but higher in BF%. Here is what I'm doing, I'm basically creating my own routine from different things i find are working.

Began on 1/9/2011 @ 209 LB's.

Today 2/13/2012 196.4 lb's
    28yo 5'7
    30% BF

Diet is similar this is today.

Bfast
    Spinach shake (1/2 banana, 1/4c lowfat milk, scoop of protein powder, 3 cups of spinach, 2 cups of ice)

Lunch
    Grilled chicken spinach salad w tomatoes and onions

Dinner
    Steak or chicken .. egg drop soup and salad
    ok, as far as your diet, I see you tend to aim at stuff that is considered "healthy". If you want to make your life a lot easier, use the calculators found in the sticky's of this forum, calculate your daily calorie requirements, then calculate macros. then go to www.myfitnesspal.com and start tracking. You can even use the macro split I used for your macros. worked great for me, I never deprived myself from the "unhealthy" food, and I lost weight every single month, never had a month where I plateaued... pizza and ice cream are not your enemy, trust me because I ate both of those every single week...

This is my workout for today.

Exercise 1
    2 Pushups on medicine ball (1 on each hand), 1 Pullup, 4 Pushups on medicine ball (2 on each hand), 2 Pullups, 6 Pushups on medicine ball (3 on each hand), 3 Pullups, 8 Pushups on medicine ball (4 on each hand), 4 Pullups, 10 Pushups on medicine ball (5 on each hand), 5 Pullups (Do this with no rest and use assistance if needed )
    20 seconds of plank on one foot with toe raise, 20 seconds of plank on other foot with toe raise. Rest 30 seconds.
    Repeat these 3 times

Exercise 2
    12 dumbbell flies on an inclined bench with a pulse at the bottom
    12 dumbbell deadlifts. Slow (4 seconds) on the way down, fast (1 second) on the way up
    Repeat these 3 times.

Exercise 3
    12 Pushups on Dumbbells Mixed with 12 Dumbbell Rows (Put dumbbells shoulder width apart on the ground. Get in pushup position while gripping the dumbbells.
    Do a full rep of a pushup and then at the top pull up on the dumbbell and do a bent over row. Alternate hands after each rep of pushup)
    12 reps of “thread the needle” side plank each side
    Repeat these 3 times.

Trying to workout 3 days with weights and then 2 days of cardio. I have just been jogging for cardio. I am going to begin doing some HIIT cardio, and or playing some sports like basketball.

Also trying to do one day on the weekend of crossfit type workouts. My goal is to get down to around 160 -170. Thanks again I really appreciate it.
    Your workouts are nothing like what I would do for myself. personally, I am more of a power-lifting-based routine person. I'm not knocking your resistance workout though, it seems cross-fitty which again isn't something I do myself... I like my targeted muscles to be pretty sore the next day or two after I do them. I recently switched back to a 4 day split after I finished my cut, and it's my favorite split, hitting each muscle only once a week, and the soreness lasts usually 4-6 days... It's nuts. Also now my workouts aren't longer than 30 minutes. efficiency!

HIIT will burn calories, that's our goal, playing basketball is more my style. You need to find cardio that you enjoy doing anyways. If jogging on a treadmill is boring, don't do it. Some runners love to do that stuff, I like to go riding, or hike a mountain or something like that... Even jogging through the neighborhood is more enjoyable lol...

Originally Posted by roybatty6 View Post
    Great progress OP
    Originally Posted by mm55 View Post
    seen this before from the cut thread, but I'll say gjdm again.
    thanks guys....

JoeDaddio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaddio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaddio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good work man, and thanks for sharing.

I hope to be able to start one of threads myself in the relatively near future and this type of motivation/encouragement/success story really helps out.

joe

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good job, repped!
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrosenfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, how did you're skin not get "saggy"...I'm having that issue right now as I see results in my whole body but my stomach skin is still "streached" out and kinda hangs there.

Originally Posted by Jrosenfeld View Post
    OP, how did you're skin not get "saggy"...I'm having that issue right now as I see results in my whole body but my stomach skin is still "streached" out and kinda hangs there.
    not sure why I got away with that... I think at my fattest I was bordering on having a loose skin problem in the future, I have stretch marks on my sides and one next to my belly button, but my skin has been cooperating very well for me, and that is cool.... I'm sure there's ways to help it, but I'm no expert in that field :/

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gjdm.

ch4chi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Props!

Great transformation, hopefully I'll have similar success in my journey ..

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi thanks for the response. I hope you don't mind some more questions. If so just let me know no worries. I had already began trying to get my macros and had numbers similar to you. I still wanted to keep my carbs low.. almost like a keto diet. My thing is.. I havent weighed under 190 since high school (10 years ago). I was hitting the gym hard about 3 years ago doing a 5x5x5 routine online and while i was getting big I wasn't losing any weight. My routine then was 5x5x5 with 30 min on elliptical afterwards, diet wasn't very good then. I really want to get down to like 170 and have muscle!! You're routine would actually work for me because I have a new kid and also need to get in and out quick! I usually have about a solid hour.

I was shooting for 1900 calories.

60% protein
    30% Fat
    5-10% Carbs

I usually have a cheat day on Sunday yesterday I had
    scrambled eggs w pastrami
    3 tacos
    pizza and wings

When you say you would change the exercise for the muscle group how would you know what would work most effectively? And would you do the split 2 times each week? so working out 4 days a week total. Maybe with a cardio day thrown in?

thanks again!!

Hi thanks for the response. I hope you don't mind some more questions. If so just let me know no worries. I had already began trying to get my macros and had numbers similar to you. I still wanted to keep my carbs low.. almost like a keto diet. My thing is.. I havent weighed under 190 since high school (10 years ago). I was hitting the gym hard about 3 years ago doing a 5x5x5 routine online and while i was getting big I wasn't losing any weight. My routine then was 5x5x5 with 30 min on elliptical afterwards, diet wasn't very good then. I really want to get down to like 170 and have muscle!! You're routine would actually work for me because I have a new kid and also need to get in and out quick! I usually have about a solid hour.
    the part that I bolded^^ is the most important element of losing weight! One hour is more than enough time to do the workout if you superset between muscle groups (superset a shoulder exercise with a tricep exercise, etc)

I was shooting for 1900 calories.

60% protein
    30% Fat
    5-10% Carbs

I usually have a cheat day on Sunday yesterday I had
    scrambled eggs w pastrami
    3 tacos
    pizza and wings
    Ok, your low carb macros are not going to be fun at all. Carbs don't make you fat. carbs should be MINIMUM 40% of your daily intake, I always shot for 50%. Also, you can do a cheat meal almost EVERYDAY if you are very careful with tracking your caloric intake. It's really nice. I was doing ice cream every day for a while, weight kept coming off because I just kept tracking it. I don't even think of that type of food as a "cheat" anymore, it's just part of my daily eating...

When you say you would change the exercise for the muscle group how would you know what would work most effectively? And would you do the split 2 times each week? so working out 4 days a week total. Maybe with a cardio day thrown in?

thanks again!!
    I would change it based on my experience. I have several exercises I flip through every week. Don't forget some of the best things to change about an exercise is TEMPO, and RANGE OF MOTION. You can do my split 2 times each week, I typically did the resistance training 3-4x per week just rotating between deadlift day and squat day.... 1-2 cardio days thrown in if you want, it will make you feel way better.

Originally Posted by ch4chi View Post
    Great transformation, hopefully I'll have similar success in my journey ..
    thank you and good luck.

klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good job bro! Just want to ask why you take creatine post workout and not pre?

hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great progress....although it's a little discouraging personally. I started my cut at 217 and 23% body fat and now i'm realizing I might have to lose a lot more weight than I 'want' to reach my goal. lol already able to see what you mean by looking smaller in shirts and i've only dropped down to 207 so far

Originally Posted by klift808 View Post
    Good job bro! Just want to ask why you take creatine post workout and not pre?
    my pre-workout shock therapy has creatine in it actually...

Originally Posted by hiimnotcool View Post
    Great progress....although it's a little discouraging personally. I started my cut at 217 and 23% body fat and now i'm realizing I might have to lose a lot more weight than I 'want' to reach my goal. lol already able to see what you mean by looking smaller in shirts and i've only dropped down to 207 so far
    Yeah it sucks but just keep going. It's awesome after you do lean out to 8-12%, people start to notice seriously. You get some good 'treatment' if u know what I mean...

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CARDIO
    I did a lot of mountain biking and outdoor hiking during this time. My aerobic fitness level improved SUBSTANTIALLY after dropping the first 45 lbs or so. I also would hit up the elliptical or treadmill, maintaining a 140-160 BPM heart rate about once or twice per week, 30 minutes per time.
    Strong this.
    I was running sprints last winter when I weighed 215. no wind.
    I didn't try running again until the summer when I was in my 170's & the dog pulled the leash out of my hands & chased a squirell.
    After the 2nd block of running after her i was "WTF?!?!?"
    Why havn't I keeled over dead yet. LOL!

apparantly not having extra weight makes it easier to run. Who know?