willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ok, what gives?(warrior diet)

I've been on the LeanGains approach to Intermittent Fasting for the last few weeks and I'm loving it, other than the massive amount of food I'm having to cram into my face in an 8 hour window.

I've always heard this Warrior Diet being brought up here and there so I looked into it a bit... What I've found is a lot of people's diets comprised of hardly any food. I'm talking like maybe 600-1000 cals a day.

Excuse my natural reaction by saying WHAT THE F*CK GIVES? How is it even possible to maintain something like that?
    The body is designed to rip apart molecules and for energy and maintenance... that is all. It doesn't care if it is organic, processed,food dyed, etc. Genetics govern how the body responds to food."

**Sriracha Hot Sauce Crew**

"Intermittent Faster" as of 1/25/12

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by willschilling View Post
    I've been on the LeanGains approach to Intermittent Fasting for the last few weeks and I'm loving it, other than the massive amount of food I'm having to cram into my face in an 8 hour window.

I've always heard this Warrior Diet being brought up here and there so I looked into it a bit... What I've found is a lot of people's diets comprised of hardly any food. I'm talking like maybe 600-1000 cals a day.

Excuse my natural reaction by saying WHAT THE F*CK GIVES? How is it even possible to maintain something like that?
    It's not without losing a tonne of LBM. Even women are told not to fall below 1200 cals/day (from memory).

I've heard of it, but if it really is advocating/suggesting that low a calorie intake then it's more suited to one of those women's gossip magazines.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've actually stumbled upon more and more info(i'm at work, bored as fk). And I guess you're supposed to graze through the day and stuff your face before bed. Hmmm....
    The body is designed to rip apart molecules and for energy and maintenance... that is all. It doesn't care if it is organic, processed,food dyed, etc. Genetics govern how the body responds to food."

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've actually stumbled upon more and more info(i'm at work, bored as fk). And I guess you're supposed to graze through the day and stuff your face before bed. Hmmm....
    That is the essence of the warrior diet but can easily be Misinterpreted as an excuse to eat what ever you want

Ori in his warrior diet, explains how his thinking ideology came into being , by reviewing our current bodies actually still being stuck in the dark Ages , and such.

But even the WD has a protocol of what foods you eat first , then second and last.

Ori did not ever mention how many cals / day but instead said if following his template your body will have the inate ability to when to stop eating.

Hope this clarifies that if , your goal was to eat 600 cals or 3000 cals this is the wrong way:
    Re-learning the body to eat and over come the feeling of always wanting., experience true satisfaction both mentally and physically.
    Seek truth and reason

After looking into it more I think I'm understanding it.

In very simple terms: Graze on things like berries/nuts/fruits/veggies throughout the day and get all of the rest of your macros in one large meal before bed. Makes sense.

I'm not really looking to go on a huge deficit but still wanna lose 2-3% BF while still staying lean(maybe bulk a tad). Possible with this diet? I know it is with intermittent fasting(16h fast, 8h feed) because I'm doing it now.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    After looking into it more I think I'm understanding it.

In very simple terms: Graze on things like berries/nuts/fruits/veggies throughout the day and get all of the rest of your macros in one large meal before bed. Makes sense.

I'm not really looking to go on a huge deficit but still wanna lose 2-3% BF while still staying lean(maybe bulk a tad). Possible with this diet? I know it is with intermittent fasting(16h fast, 8h feed) because I'm doing it now.
    It's possible with any modest caloric deficit combined with adequate macronutrients.

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    It's possible with any modest caloric deficit combined with adequate macronutrients.
    I'm actually thinking of hopping on board with this... Intermittent Fasting the LeanGains way is ok but I'm liking this idea better. Hmm.

jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnycook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=willschilling;828859531]I'm actually thinking of hopping on board with this... Intermittent Fasting the LeanGains way is ok but I'm liking this idea better. Hmm.[/QUOTE

There's nothing magic about the Warrior diet or LeanGains. While fasting may have some metabolic benefits, this is far from proven in humans and even Martin says it shouldn't be a determining factor in choosing to IF. It all comes down to finding a way to diet that suits you personally - if you can find a diet that you can comply with and, most importantly, doesn't leave you feeling deprived, then that's going to be what makes you successful in reaching your bodyfat goals. So give it a shot and see how it works for you.

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm actually thinking of hopping on board with this... Intermittent Fasting the LeanGains way is ok but I'm liking this idea better. Hmm.
    Its great for cutting, I tried it bulking for a while but got sick of it fast for obvious reasons.

mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im on day 2 of the WD & so far so good! I choose to do it because i really cant eat alot of food during the day but was not really eating to much on the evening either, so was on to much of a deficit. Ive just ordered Ori's book so i can go into depth & follow it properly and i think its still down to staying within your calorie needs and making sure you have a clean diet. I really dont have anything during the day apart from a small seving of fruit & protein shake post training then about 5pm ill start with a handful nuts and at 7pm ill have my 3 course feast of homemade chicken noodle soup then a large portion of meat or fish **** loads of mixed veg & 1 baked sweet potato. And for desert but i save this for around 8:30- 9pm, 1 cup of cottage cheese, mixed nuts and honey or if have no honey a tiny amount of maple syrup.
    Life is like a fight! If you train hard, it makes the fight easier!

Originally Posted by mrdazza1980 View Post
    Im on day 2 of the WD & so far so good! I choose to do it because i really cant eat alot of food during the day but was not really eating to much on the evening either, so was on to much of a deficit. Ive just ordered Ori's book so i can go into depth & follow it properly and i think its still down to staying within your calorie needs and making sure you have a clean diet. I really dont have anything during the day apart from a small seving of fruit & protein shake post training then about 5pm ill start with a handful nuts and at 7pm ill have my 3 course feast of homemade chicken noodle soup then a large portion of meat or fish **** loads of mixed veg & 1 baked sweet potato. And for desert but i save this for around 8:30- 9pm, 1 cup of cottage cheese, mixed nuts and honey or if have no honey a tiny amount of maple syrup.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm gonna read a little bit more on it and dive in soon. I ordered the book also, will be here monday.

prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds bad!

Aren't males never suppose too go below ~1500 Calories?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's your physique; train as YOU see fit.

UPPER/LOWER

doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by prolvr View Post
    Sounds bad!

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    im almost 99.9999% sure there is no hard set rule.

Originally Posted by prolvr View Post
    Sounds bad!

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Completely dependent on body requirements.

mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like i say i treat it as having a 3 course meal! Some kind of soup or a salad with tuna or salmon, then main course last night was 2 lean pork cutlets, 1 steak, broccoli, asparagus and 1 baked sweet potato then about 9pm i have my fav i found is 1 cup cottage cheese handful of mixed nuts & honey, i best shut up its only 10am ill make myself hungry, haha.
    But seriously its weird im finding im more focused during my training since starting this. ill have a small amount of fruit & protein post train 7 also a tiny amount once or at the most twice trough out the day just to get a little protein. But eating this way i think the body will utilize the food more as your only getting such a short window for food to be in the body.

Originally Posted by mrdazza1980 View Post
    Like i say i treat it as having a 3 course meal! Some kind of soup or a salad with tuna or salmon, then main course last night was 2 lean pork cutlets, 1 steak, broccoli, asparagus and 1 baked sweet potato then about 9pm i have my fav i found is 1 cup cottage cheese handful of mixed nuts & honey, i best shut up its only 10am ill make myself hungry, haha.
    But seriously its weird im finding im more focused during my training since starting this. ill have a small amount of fruit & protein post train 7 also a tiny amount once or at the most twice trough out the day just to get a little protein. But eating this way i think the body will utilize the food more as your only getting such a short window for food to be in the body.
    Man, your back is f*ckin' huge btw.

Anyways as soon as I get this book I'm starting the diet. What's your calorie goal, dazza? I've heard from a lot of people swearing by sweet potatoes so I might have to look more into them. Only time I've ever had them was in basic training where it's shove everything into your face and don't even taste it, haha.

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i actually checked out the book at the library. on the surface im like "ok its IF with a longer fast" once you read it its all about random spiritual cleanesing and your warrior spirit and ****. IMO ori <3 drugs.
    You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week.

It'd be like preparing your entire life to bang 100 chicks in a row, getting tan, hitting the gym, making sure your hair looks right and reading the Kama Sutra, only to realize when you get there that you're gay and cannot get hard in the presence of women.

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TomBremner View Post
    i actually checked out the book at the library. on the surface im like "ok its IF with a longer fast" once you read it its all about random spiritual cleanesing and your warrior spirit and ****. IMO ori <3 drugs.
    To me warrior diet is just small snacks during the day big meal before bed.

**** the other bullsh!t.

Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post

**** the other bullsh!t.
    Yeah that spiritual stuff is gonna go in one ear out the other with me. Cleansing my spirit to me is taking a dump, nuff said.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TomBremner View Post
    i actually checked out the book at the library. on the surface im like "ok its IF with a longer fast" .
    no you dont fast
    Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post

**** the other bullsh!t.
    this^^^
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah that spiritual stuff is gonna go in one ear out the other with me. Cleansing my spirit to me is taking a dump, nuff said.
    my friend who i consider very knowledgeable about nutrition actually tried to tell me meat stays in your stomache for up to a week. i hate the whole "cleanse/detox" ****
    You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week.

It'd be like preparing your entire life to bang 100 chicks in a row, getting tan, hitting the gym, making sure your hair looks right and reading the Kama Sutra, only to realize when you get there that you're gay and cannot get hard in the presence of women.

Exactly. you're free to graze throughout the day just like a "Warrior" would as long as it's on certain foods.

And Bremner, tell your buddy to climb a tree or something. Ignorant.

Man, your back is f*ckin' huge btw.

Anyways as soon as I get this book I'm starting the diet. What's your calorie goal, dazza? I've heard from a lot of people swearing by sweet potatoes so I might have to look more into them. Only time I've ever had them was in basic training where it's shove everything into your face and don't even taste it, haha.

my backs my best part, hence why its my profile pic, ;-), lol

As for calories, tbh i havent been keeping to much of a track on them as i know im not going over even my daily calorie needs. Im really strict during the day also & when i do feed its mainly leafy green carbs and protein, the only starchy carbs i have is, 1 sweet potato or a portion of rice or 2 slices of bread so im hitting no more at the very most of 150g carbs.

dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dracoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I tried this diet for a few weeks, a couple years ago. At the time I was being told all this nonsense about how I needed 6 meals a day and after awhile I became so sick of rigid meal structures I wanted freedom from food, this diet gives you a nice 20hr break per day.

The main point of this diet is only having small snacks on berries/fruits/veggies during the day then one huge meal at night. The meal starts with multiple servings of veggies, then lean protein, then whatever else your eating LAST such as carbs.

It is kind of fun having a diet where you gain so much time from eliminating worry about food prep or meal times or such. But after doing it for awhile the worst part was social gatherings. You either can't have any great free food if its breakfast or lunch. Or if its dinner you look like a pig freak of nature mowing down 2500cal meals. Ever been on a date where you have to order a 2nd and 3rd entree? What if you want to impulsively play pickup basketball at 8pm? Good luck doing that while you've just began to digest an entire days worth of food.

So yeah, now I eat when I'm hungry and have the time. 6 meals a day is too much structure but one big meal a day is very structured too I just didn't realize it at first.

Day 6 for me and I'm still feeling great, I've switched my training times so a can neck a protein shake and few strawberrys post workout around 12pm.
    I'm also doing GSP rush fit and I seem to be more focussed when I do it, it's a weird thing really as you would think you would feel tired and lethargic but knock on wood I havnt felt no negative affects. Does anyone know when you can start to see weight drop?

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    try going to 18/6. I like it a lot more. I feed from 6pm to midnight.

still no muscle loss and strength going up
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/