Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Slowly but surely

This is progress from July 14 to today (January 17). I've had many, many ups and downs the past 5 months. I'd say probably 2 to 3 months of it I wasn't really lifting much at all. I'll leave it at that, anyway, on to the pictures

First picture I was at my peak (255-260, can't quite remember, but it was somewhere around there)
    Second picture was this morning and I weighed in at 224

My plan is to work harder, eat better, and my goal for now is 200 pounds by April 1.

hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50) hysterikz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats man, keep it going! I'm at about 210 looking to get down to 170-180 ish by April/May in time for the summer.

Good luck!

Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deadthrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, and good luck to you too! I graduate in June so I'd like to look pretty good for that! I don't wanna be remembered as the funny fat kid, even though I don't really get sh!t for it too much, I'm pretty well liked. This is a personal goal for me, myself and I!

DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man, great progress so far.

Everyone is always in such a rush to lose weight. I find slow & steady is the best way to go. Not only will you have a higher chance of keeping it off but the chances of having loose skin by the end is dramatically reduced.

Keep at it bud. Look forward to the progress.

Wish I started at 18.

Thanks, I hear everyone say that so I guess I am really glad that I am starting young. It makes me happy to know that if I keep working on it, in a few years I'll have a body that I am FINALLY comfortable with. I've been "overweight" the majority of my life. Before I knew it I was 260 pounds and my senior year was right around the corner.

DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deadthrone View Post
    Thanks, I hear everyone say that so I guess I am really glad that I am starting young. It makes me happy to know that if I keep working on it, in a few years I'll have a body that I am FINALLY comfortable with. I've been "overweight" the majority of my life. Before I knew it I was 260 pounds and my senior year was right around the corner.
    Same boat bud, except I never did anything when I was 18. I made attempts but always failed.

Take my advice and STICK TO IT! It'll be the best decision you've made. I just hit 60lbs lost since mid last year and I've never felt so good in my life. I just wished I had done it a lot earlier. I've still got a good 30lbs to go but that is nothing now.

I just saw a girl I haven't seen for 2 years and she nearly fell over at how much weight I lost. I hadn't really thought of it being THAT much. It felt good.

It'll be a humbling feeling when something like that happens to me. Heck, it kind of has a bit already, I've been noticing more attention. I always get compliments on my hair/eyes, I just don't have the body to back them up, not to be conceited or anything but I'd be a damn good looking guy without all this blubber, LOL!

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Way to go! Each day is a battle, but the war is won through persistence over time. Just keep slaying the beast. You'll get there. Win today's fight.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tylertheliger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just watch that beer in college. They don't call it the Freshman 15 for nothing.

Keep at it, you will be happy with the results, and the confidence will allow you to succeed in the real world!
    *has been jacked off by a friend using a mechanical device crew
    *already ruined life crew
    *saved my dog from drowning crew
    *got in a fight with a hamburger, the hamburger won crew
    *Perpetual cutting forever and not making any progress crew
    *IIFYM (IF IT FONDLES YOUR MOM) CREW
    *IF Everyday, all day, 3 times a day crew
    *I lost my crew when Michael Jackson died crew
    *had sex with mostly prostitutes crew

Thank you, self confidence and being comfortable with myself is my biggest issue right now. I have a feeling this will solve these !

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great job bro! Huge difference!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Acooljt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice job...and don't call me Shirley.

jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jawafett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excellent work so far! Stick with it. You've got a great attitude for success.
    No. Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i see a lil difference in the chest, big difference in the love handles. solid progress so far. try to up the momentum just a tad, you can do a lot better than 30 lbs over 7 months. i'm not saying starve yourself at all, and obviously you already know you need to hit the weights, but the quicker you lean out the faster your motivation will get even higher. without starving yourself i must clarify lol.

Thanks sharpieblet, honestly I haven't counted calories the past 5 months since the first week I started, I have just been eating less. If I eat fast food, it's generally always some sort of chicken strips or chicken nuggets. I also cut out soda and many dessert type items. For breakfast I do take a cup of coffee most mornings with about a tablespoon and a half of creamer, sometime's I'll have a small packet of quaker oatmeal with water. During the week I have school, if I go out then and it's somewhere other than Subway, I do the chicken thing like I mentioned before. If I eat at school it's always 1 small carton of chocolate milk (8 oz.? I think) and a caesar salad with maybe 2 tablespoons of ranch tops + 5-10 croutons + the chicken that is in it, throw in a banana here and there (they don't have them out every day). Dinner is usually boneless skinless chicken breast + some brown rice.

roger20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, you're doing great, just get this clear:

You won't be looking fit till the next 3 - 4 years. Maybe 3 if you keep on LIFTING HEAVY(of course, you will only start lifting heavy after a good 6-7 months or more), just don't stop lifting. That's the most important part of looking fit. Without weight training, there won't be muscle beneath your fat, then, you will be looking exactly the same, even if you lose 200 pounds, the skin will be loose, there will be no muscle at all. And most importantly, you will still have the gyno. So, keep lifting.

So, if you wait and keep on lifting, eating good and cardio, you body and face will change a lot, girls will start checking on you and so.

It's ok to cheat one day per week or so, your not in a competition and even if you don't cheat, real progress won't come around till the second or third year of lifting heavy. So, don't punish yourself too hard, just try to eat clean or not to exceed on calories from monday to friday.

And also, try to always count the calories you're consuming. Why? Because, if you eat LESS than your maintenance, then you will loose the little muscle you have, and then there will be no progress at all.

I would recommend an personal training if you want to do it correctly without taking risk of wasting time and so.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by roger20 View Post
    Ok, you're doing great, just get this clear:

You won't be looking fit till the next 3 - 4 years. Maybe 3 if you keep on LIFTING HEAVY, don't stop lifting. That's the most important part of looking fit. Without weight training, there won't be muscle beneath your fat, then, you will be looking exactly the same, even if you lose 200 pounds, the skin will be loose, there will be no muscle at all. And most importantly, you will still have the gyno. So, keep lifting.

So, if you wait and keep on lifting, eating good and cardio, you body and face will change a lot, girls will start checking on you and so.
    where did you get that figure? OP can be looking fit within another year. looking ripped to shreds =/= fit. i get that you're encouraging him to lift weights the correct way but you're making broad assumptions. you can't even call his chest area gyno related b/c he apparently has practically muscle base (no offense meant) so it's just fat.

on to OP, good job on simply eating less. for now that's fine as you're still in the obese range and it doesn't sound like you're really starving yourself but you should get to counting cals asap or at LEAST protein macros so you can ensure you're getting a high amount especially since you'll benefit more in the weight room that way. at a certain point if you're undereating for your size (which it seems you might be borderline...can't say for sure without calorie breakdown) you will reach a point of diminishing returns. just something to be aware of so that if you're eating under 2000 cals a day you realize you can still make great progress on 2000. but with you losing 30 lbs in 7 months it seems you're still eating quite a bit and not at much of a deficit.

but you have progressed nonetheless and that's the biggest thing.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    where did you get that figure? OP can be looking fit within another year. looking ripped to shreds =/= fit. i get that you're encouraging him to lift weights the correct way but you're making broad assumptions. you can't even call his chest area gyno related b/c he apparently has practically muscle base (no offense meant) so it's just fat.
    I got that figure with EXPERIENCE. He will not look fit in another 3-4 years, becase of how his body looks. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is, DON'T WORRY IF 2-3 YEARS HAVE PASSED AND YOU'RE STILL FEEL FAT OR NOT FIT, THIS REQUIERES PATIENCE, TIME AND DEDICATION.

I got that figure with EXPERIENCE. He will not look fit in another 3-4 years, becase of how his body looks. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is, DON'T WORRY IF 2-3 YEARS HAVE PASSED AND YOU'RE STILL FEEL FAT OR NOT FIT, THIS REQUIERES PATIENCE, TIME AND DEDICATION.
    Sorry bud but you are wrong, I don't care what kind of experience you have. I have 2 good friends that have gone from really obese to looking ripped. My buddy Rudy only took him a year, other guy 2 years.

3 - 4 years might be what it took you or someone you know, but everyone's body is different.
    From the sounds of this "Experience" you didn't know what you were doing.

I get that you are trying to encourage him and trying to be a realist but I don't agree with you in the least.

Also stop with the caps, it hurts our eyes.

PLEASE OP, Don't listen to this guy. He has to be trolling.
    Last edited by DatLurker; 01-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if troll or srs... I have common sense so I didn't really pay attention to the 4 year thing.

The guy has 25 posts and 0 rep power... I see no source of validity but would be glad if he could provide some.

stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000) stuffs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I actually started on like July 12th or so (literally a few days apart from you), and was at least 261.5 (I think the scale I used was off, I was probably higher than that).

As someone who's done the same thing as you, good job.
    Start Weight (July 2011) = 261.5
    Current Weight (December 2011) = 195.8
    Goal Weight (Soon) = ~165

Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vaalboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have made some good progress. Just don't give up. I would start counting calories now so as to hone and optimise your efforts and future progress.
    Just Persevere - IIFYM - Train like an Animal

Thanks dudes.

DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkPiggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep kicking ass lil brah.

Sir yes sir!

Ok then, lol... He is been 6 months into this... do you seriously think he is going to look ripped in another 6 months? He is not going to look fit not even in a year. But whatever.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok then, lol... He is been 6 months into this... do you seriously think he is going to look ripped in another 6 months? He is not going to look fit not even in a year. But whatever.
    If he is, for example, at a 500 calorie deficit for a year, means he will lose ~52 lbs, if 700 calories then 73 lbs and if 1000, then ~104 lbs. Seems pretty much possible, since to burn 1 pound of fat you have to burn 3500 calories.
    fuark

roger20, you're a dumbass, please exit my thread. No one said I'm gonna look ripped in another 6 months. I believe I will look MUCH MUCH MUCH better than I do now in 6 months. That is all that really matters to me. (By the way, look back in a year, I'll still be here, and I'm gonna prove you wrong on the looking fit in a year thing. You can count on it. Let's see if you show up.)

So here I am October 22 2013. Just found this old thread. Let me know what y'all think! Currently just eating a lot and lifting as hard as I can and emphasizing high protein foods. Fat pic is from july 2011 (270 lbs) and other from today (186 lbs)

Attached Images
    Last edited by Deadthrone; 10-22-2013 at 02:35 PM.