bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Hi, I'm new, here are my first progress shots.

Hi, I am new here, and I am i bit shy to be showing pictures of my body for critique but here it goes.

I have been working out pretty hard for about a year a half now, when I started I was doing cardio like crazy, now because of my medication for my Crohn's disease it is hard for me to run like I was, though I am starting again. I did work out before then too but not as disciplined, and more just for sheer strength, not like I am now. When i started out a few years ago I ranged between 235 and 250 lbs, I got down to about 190 in the last three months, part due to sickness part due to diet, I didn't like being that light, I felt skinny, so I have now bulked up to about 215.

Here are some pictures of my first progress shots taken last night.

I am going to start slowly cutting in the next month I think, I was wondering though, is it possible for me to burn fat at a steady pace while putting on some muscle? I have been taking in around 200 grams of protein a day, and unfortunately my current living conditions mean it is hard for my to have the diet I would like. I really was not liking the cut weight I was at before, I felt weak and skinny. I figure cardio will get me where I need to be, but I wonder if I am burning calories it will bee hard to put on lean body mass?

I have always hit chest and arms pretty hard, and I have been working hard on my traps, and lats for the last 8 months I do core a lot too, I am going to start doing legs more, I used to just run up hill for my legs but I have started doing some leg press and plan on moving up to squats in time. I always worried about damaging my legs and back with squats, I figure I will just start out light.

I would like to weigh 225 and be 10% body fat as an end goal. I am currently 13/14% last time I checked.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bigjon1988; 01-16-2012 at 07:01 PM.

hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hamiltronj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You got a good base. Not sure about the 12-13%BF I would say 15-17%. It is best to find one goal and focus all your energy on that goal(ie Losing weight or gaining Muscle mass) doing one is hard enough without worrying about the other. you should not have to worry about hurting yourself with squats just watch your form. Keep at it

bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigjon1988 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hamiltronj View Post
    You got a good base. Not sure about the 12-13%BF I would say 15-17%. It is best to find one goal and focus all your energy on that goal(ie Losing weight or gaining Muscle mass) doing one is hard enough without worrying about the other. you should not have to worry about hurting yourself with squats just watch your form. Keep at it
    I was using an electric BF measurer, so I am not really sure, I have heard that they are not the most accurate.

Oh and thank you for the advice, it is hard, because up until recently my main goal was just to get strong. Now I want to look better too, so I guess I have t figure out whether I mainly want to lose weight or get more muscular, it is a complacated thing.
    Last edited by bigjon1988; 01-15-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Anyone else have any tips?