diablo78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry WTF Keto!!!!!!!!!!!

So i Have been doing keto for about 3 weeks and I finally measured myself today to see how much I have lost around my waist. I have gained an F-ing half inch around my waist and I am up 4 pounds since I started. I haven't had a carb up in 6 days and my keto sticks say i am in ketosis and have been for the past 4 days. My carb ups are clean and only last for 4 meals. What is going on? Is it because i just started lifting after 6 months of no resistance trainning or is this the wrong kind of diet for me? Here is a sample of my diet and workout routine. Starting to get really discouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!

breakfast
    3eggs
    4egg whites
    3 strips turkey bacon

post workout
    40 grams protien

lunch
    chicken or beef
    cheese

snack
    pork rinds

dinner
    steak or chicken breast
    green vegg with cheese

before bed

30g protein shake

at least 1 gallon of water per day

and I follow a HIIT resistance and cardio routine 6 days a week

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so you are saying that you had a carb up less than two weeks after starting?

Thats the first problem.
    It takes at least two weeks, if not up to four weeks to become fat adapted.

Additionally, who knows your weight, lean body mass, and your calories needed for maintnence, gain or fat loss.

Thirdly, you dont post how many calories you are eating.
    How and there are HUGE variations between that steak and chicken breast.
    8 oz chicken breast is like 250 calories wherein 8oz steak 2x that.

your diet is inconsistant, and unless you know your macros, you wont know if you are on the right track.

right now your diet isnt ketogenic, it is atkins low carb

add in mostly red meats. stop messing with the egg whites because saturated fats are good for you in this case, and get 60-65% of all calories from fats, 30% from protein and the rest from carbs.

eat under your daily calorie threshold and you will lose fat, its a thermogenically proven fact my friend.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Got it! Thanks for the great pointers, I guess i am having a bit of trouble understanding what the difference between keto and atkins is, ill re-read the keto for begginers thread.

I forgot to add in my stats
    6'1
    210 lbs
    18.5 % BF
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post

Thats the first problem.

Additionally, who knows your weight, lean body mass, and your calories needed for maintnence, gain or fat loss.

your diet is inconsistant, and unless you know your macros, you wont know if you are on the right track.

add in mostly red meats. stop messing with the egg whites because saturated fats are good for you in this case, and get 60-65% of all calories from fats, 30% from protein and the rest from carbs.

eat under your daily calorie threshold and you will lose fat, its a thermogenically proven fact my friend.

zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    probably because you're eating too much. you still have to be in a deficit to lose weight. keto isn't a magical diet...
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
    -Philippians 4:13

Check out my fat loss transformation...
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/become-a-lean-teen-machine.html

My bulking log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133838001

alanaragonblog.com
    leangains.com

RuskiHuski !!IMLysIHXDEz MikoMiko's Avatar
    MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikoMiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    calories in/calories out

nutritiondata.self.com

start measuring and calculating on a daily basis.
    Thank you Zyzz. You showed me a world that I didn't even know existed. You taught me some very valuable lessons in this placid and mundane world. Thank you for waking me up... R.I.P

When the going gets tough.. Remember that one day you are going to die.. That day.. Might be today.. So if you died at this very moment.. How would you feel about your life?

George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) George_Bondrew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zhall616 View Post
    probably because you're eating too much. you still have to be in a deficit to lose weight. keto isn't a magical diet...
    ^^this
    just your average unicyclist, juggling, trombone playing weightlifter.......

*U.S Army and Proud*

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post

Thats the first problem.

Lack of carbs is what makes a ketogenic diet not the amount of fats. Ketones will be produced without fat intake as long as carbs are under a certain level. So his diet does indeed look ketogenic. But for proper energy levels and lean muscle mass preservation the ratios you suggest are optimal.
    Last edited by MASSter; 08-19-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks for all of the valuable info guys!!! My biggest misunderstanding reading through all of the keto info on this forum was that you could pretty much eat as much as you wanted as long as it is zero to no carb. I input today's diet and came out with about 2800 cals with 55% protien 40% fat and 5% carbs. I am still in ketosis and have tons of energy. I never really got the brain fog, moodiness etc. I am finishing my 3rd week of keto and carbing up every 8 days or so and i get back into ketosis about 2 days after the carb up. How do i know if i am fat adapted or not?

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein is too high. Fat is too low. Where did you get this macro breakdown from and the idea that you could eat as much as you wanted?

60/35/5 is what you want to aim for, more or less.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.