LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is taking medication cheating?

I mean most people who take them aren't competing in "medicine free" wellness contests, but it's pretty obvious that medicine makes it alot easier to attain your health goals.

Is it immoral to use medicine because it gives an "unfair advantage" to those who have access and choose to use relative to those who can't attain them.

I've heard both sides, but I'm really not sure whether or not I consider people who take medicine to be scumbag cheaters.

discuss.

firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post
    I mean most people who take them aren't competing in "medicine free" wellness contests, but it's pretty obvious that medicine makes it alot easier to attain your health goals.

Is it immoral to use medicine because it gives an "unfair advantage" to those who have access and choose to use relative to those who can't attain them.

I've heard both sides, but I'm really not sure whether or not I consider people who take medicine to be scumbag cheaters.

discuss.
    Da f*ck. If your sick or your body is deffieciant or your in need of medicine then you should take it/Doctor prescribes it or tells you to. Unless by meds you mean riods, and even then some people have low T and are prescribed T to get back into normal range.

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by firasnas View Post
    Da f*ck. If your sick or your body is deffieciant or your in need of medicine then you should take it/Doctor prescribes it or tells you to. Unless by meds you mean riods, and even then some people have low T and are prescribed T to get back into normal range.
    But wouldn't I just be taking the easy way out. I mean most likely if I get strep my body will fight it off in a few weeks, isn't using antibiotics to give me an unnatural advantage cheating?

There are alot of people who don't have access to those antibiotics or are morally against them, so couldn't it be considered cheating and just taking the easy way out???

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What the f*ck? Been going to services offered by the Church of Christian Scientists?

Originally Posted by chasinSKURT View Post
    What the f*ck? Been going to services offered by the Church of Christian Scientists?
    I'm not stating my opinion, I have heard both sides of the debate, and I am curious as to what the more educated members of the nutrition field think.

firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500) firasnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    But wouldn't I just be taking the easy way out. I mean most likely if I get strep my body will fight it off in a few weeks, isn't using antibiotics to give me an unnatural advantage cheating?

There are alot of people who don't have access to those antibiotics or are morally against them, so couldn't it be considered cheating and just taking the easy way out???
    Bro you have to understand were all lucky we dont have any problems with our health well atleast life threatining but iam sure IF you develoved somthing that is life threatining or a loved one (hope this does not happen) but you would wnat to take ALL the meds possible to cure your sickness/illness. The body cannot always cure certian problems, somtimes small can turn into large. And i try to aviod taking meds at all costs and let my body do work but thats for things like flu, cough, u know small things but bigger probs why strian my body.

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not stating my opinion, I have heard both sides of the debate, and I am curious as to what the more educated members of the nutrition field think.
    Cheating is a poor choice of wording. If you wanted to argue that, in the long term, modern medicine produces generations of humans less fit to survive naturally within their environment, then you'd be onto something (and correct).

Detroit Hardcore Bros PeteyFunk's Avatar
    PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)

No. That's not what's happening at all. Jesus Christ.

BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO there is a huge difference between using performance enhancing drugs and the typical drug used specifically for medical treatment. Anything that can go both ways(Epo, etc) will cause me to do more thinking than I can do at this moment.
    Please support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... www.stjude.org/give.html

Originally Posted by BubbaDoc View Post
    IMO there is a huge difference between using performance enhancing drugs and the typical drug used specifically for medical treatment.
    That's most definitely NOT what this thread was secretly about, as that would be against the rules.

But since you brought it up, why do you think this?

adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're too young to take medicine. Eat more food, drink lots of water, and get at least 8 hours of sleep. Wait until you've been fighting off diseases until you're at least 25 before you even think about taking medicine.

Originally Posted by adfinder23 View Post
    You're too young to take medicine. Eat more food, drink lots of water, and get at least 8 hours of sleep. Wait until you've been fighting off diseases until you're at least 25 before you even think about taking medicine.
    Okay, so you're saying there is a concrete and universal age in which taking medicine becomes acceptable?

What's the reasoning behind this particular age of 25?

Will I ruin my immune system if I start at 22, but not if I wait till I am 25?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adfinder23 View Post
    Well played.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't lift weights if you're dead.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

I actually have an appointment with my new GP this morning. I will be asking for moar omeprazole, and not feeling the least bit of guilt about doing so.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely cheating. I can't believe people who act like it's not. I mean, if you really want to take medicine, fine, you're an adult, you can make your own decisions. But don't act like you're not cheating.

But again, that's for an adult. Someone mentioned 25, but I'm not sure if 25 is the right cut off. I'd probably say 21 or something, maybe even 18. But not for kids. I mean, kids' immune systems are in overdrive anyway. Probably best to just let them fight everything off naturally. Cheating is one thing. Messing with a kid's immune system by giving them medicine is another.

adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adfinder23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay, so you're saying there is a concrete and universal age in which taking medicine becomes acceptable?

Your immune system is still growing, so yeah there is a greater risk.

You young whipper snappers never see that fighting off diseases is not a sprint, it's a marathon. You've got to be patient to see the disease free results you're after. After 25 you'll probably realize that you don't need medicine and you'll be proud that you used your leukocytes. At your age, your leukocytes are at their peak so you don't even need medicine.

At least by 25 you'll be mature enough to weigh the risks of taking medicine. If you're that impatient take some Vitamin C and D.

Oh, and read the forum rules. Negged.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

brain development reaches it's "mature" state at about 25, everything else falls into line about 21-23. you don't want to be taking medicine as it does have effects on your developing brain structure.

bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Dude, it's bodybuilding. This is a sport where most people will stop at nothing to achieve there goals faster/bigger than the next person.

Cheating is a matter of opinion in this sport...and, in my opinion, is such a dumb word to use when it comes to bodybuilding. If it's "cheating" then I guess NO PRO deserves to be where he is now...

PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PoundTown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I think you may be retarded.... If you get strep you NEED antibotics, people used to die from Strep on a regular basis before penicillin and the like...

lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Isn't the term cheating only relative to a form of competition. If someone chooses to use medicine to cure a sickness, and is not competing with anyone, then who cares? If there is some form of competition at hand, then the rules of medicines allowed should be laid out. If a person uses a medicine to cure a sickness that is not allowed in a competition, while competing, then yes, that is cheating.
    Making gains with mallet finger...BRO

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
    brain development reaches it's "mature" state at about 25, everything else falls into line about 21-23. you don't want to be taking medicine as it does have effects on your developing brain structure.
    Okay, so it's arguable that taking medicine too early in life, you can mess with your leukopoiesis, or possibly mess with your satellite cells in your brain, but what does that have to do with cheating?

Originally Posted by lilcrate View Post
    Isn't the term cheating only relative to a form of competition. If someone chooses to use medicine to cure a sickness, and is not competing with anyone, then who cares? If there is some form of competition at hand, then the rules of medicines allowed should be laid out. If a person uses a medicine to cure a sickness that is not allowed in a competition, while competing, then yes, that is cheating.
    I think some people believe cheating is limited to competition, but I see alot of people on this site who think taking medicine is cheating even if it's just to attain a higher level of wellness.

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Bro.. antibiotics will kill bacteria(strep), but it kills ANY bacteria in your body, meaning even the "good" bacteria which have many important roles in proper body functioning/overall health.

Taking antibiotics for a prolonged period of time or any time, is not going to give you any unnatural advantage in lifting. It will eventually lower your immune system and prevent your body's ability to fight off other disease, and you therefore will get sick from other pathogenic bacteria, that which could also become multi-drug resistant microbial pathogens.