r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ways of cooking Beef(eye round)?

Guys can you suggest simple ways to cook beef eye rounds?

I don't have access to a grill and i can't seem to find fatfree cooking sprays here in korea..

So should i..
    -boil the meat?
    -cook in a pan with some olive oil?
    -any other options??

I'll be cooking them in bulk.. Need all the help i can get...

Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use round in stir fries. Cut into thin strips, marinate (if u want to) then fry in olive oil...then take that out and set aside. Stir fry your veggies, then add the beef Back in. I make my own stir fry sauces and marinades with soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, etc.

r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0dparks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jenc1125 View Post
    I use round in stir fries. Cut into thin strips, marinate (if u want to) then fry in olive oil...then take that out and set aside. Stir fry your veggies, then add the beef Back in. I make my own stir fry sauces and marinades with soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, etc.
    -Thanks for that quick reply.. Great idea by the way.. I do that for my chicken but haven't tried it with eye of round yet.. How is the texture of the beef? rough right?

PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by r0dparks View Post
    -Thanks for that quick reply.. Great idea by the way.. I do that for my chicken but haven't tried it with eye of round yet.. How is the texture of the beef? rough right?
    Its a very chewy cut of beef. I personally avoid it at all costs.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For chewier cuts of beef like eye round, I definitely recommend a marinade of some kind for at least 2 hours to really get at it. Then you'll want to cook it sorta slow. Roasting is a good method, but you'll need to make sure to use oil of some kind (personally, I'd use olive oil) with a dash of salt and pepper per taste. However, this would also apply to pan cooking. Most non-stick pans won't work due to their thin frying surface. If you can get ahold of a cast iron pan, it makes marvels out of stove top steaks. Just remember not to cook too fast with a cut like this as it gets rubbery/chewy easy.

Look up various recipes on cooking websites with the "eye round" as your main search and you should find some interesting ideas.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Originally Posted by PWOGasMan View Post
    Its a very chewy cut of beef. I personally avoid it at all costs.
    -I don't mind the texture of the beef though.. and price can't be beat..
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    For chewier cuts of beef like eye round, I definitely recommend a marinade of some kind for at least 2 hours to really get at it. Then you'll want to cook it sorta slow. Roasting is a good method, but you'll need to make sure to use oil of some kind (personally, I'd use olive oil) with a dash of salt and pepper per taste. However, this would also apply to pan cooking. Most non-stick pans won't work due to their thin frying surface. If you can get ahold of a cast iron pan, it makes marvels out of stove top steaks. Just remember not to cook too fast with a cut like this as it gets rubbery/chewy easy.

Look up various recipes on cooking websites with the "eye round" as your main search and you should find some interesting ideas.
    -Alright thanks for the info..

GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GregZee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you have access to a Crock Pot? You can throw it in the crock all day long with what ever veggies, spices, worchester. When you get home, you have tender juicy tastyness.