Canadian2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need somewhere to start a change to my life.

The long and short of it is i want to change. I recently turned 20 and finally decided I am unhappy. I need help formulating a proper diet to both massively lose fat and gain muscle. This is all to accompany Starting Strength. I figured that in my situation no book would be a better read. I have what i think to be an appropriate workout schedule, but need a diet to go along with it.

If someone could give me any information it would be greatly helpful.

I know that this is only the beginning and it will not happen overnight. I believe that this could be a start to the rest of my life.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll give you 3 diets I rotate in and out, up first is the unadulterated testosterone pumping steak & eggs version of the anabolic diet, run it for 5-10 days between carbups:

Meal 1: 4 oz Steak & 4 Eggs

Meal 2: 4 oz Steak & 4 Eggs

Meal 3: 4 oz Steak & 4 Eggs

Meal 4: 4 oz Steak & 4 Eggs

Post workout shake: 1 scoops ON 100% Whey, 1 scoop ON 100% Casein
    (I actually do 2 scoops whey, 1 scoop casein, but I'm a little OCD)

Pre-bedtime snack: cottage cheese (4%)

Second on the list is the colon-friendly version of the Steak & Eggs anabolic diet. Basically do everything the same except for put your steak and eggs over a bed of lettuce/spinach/broccoli (or whatever you make salads out of). Probably eat 3 meals rather than 4 since ranch or oil/vinegar will add to your calories.

Last, but not least is the more balanced CKD diet, a sample would look something like this:

Breakfast:

4 eggs & cheese, 2 strips bacon

Second meal:

Spinach salad with 2 eggs, cottage cheese, grilled chicken, and ranch

Snack:

Peanuts

Third meal:

Grilled salmon & asparagus

Fourth meal:

8 oz steak, small spinach salad with 2 eggs

Post-workout shake unchanged

Nighttime snack - cottage cheese

Other foods to choose from: baked chicken, tuna salad, egg salad, hebrew national hot dogs, whiting filets, shrimp, cheese, La Tortilla factory low carb wraps, mayo, ranch, oil, pork loin, pork rinds, deli meat (watch the honey ham & hickoy smoked turkey for carbs), ... probably dozens I'm not mentioning.

I switch in and out of these diets and psuedo-variations of all of them. I do like the first the best for results though.. not sure it is the healthiest..

blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Canadian2020 View Post
    The long and short of it is i want to change. I recently turned 20 and finally decided I am unhappy. I need help formulating a proper diet to both massively lose fat and gain muscle. This is all to accompany Starting Strength. I figured that in my situation no book would be a better read. I have what i think to be an appropriate workout schedule, but need a diet to go along with it.

If someone could give me any information it would be greatly helpful.

I know that this is only the beginning and it will not happen overnight. I believe that this could be a start to the rest of my life.
    My suggestion is to read the stickies here and if you have any questions then post it here. The stickies should have everything you need to get the basic idea behind the diet and what you need to do to get the best results.

Just remember though, Keto is just like any other diet. You still have to work out, work with a caloric restriction, have will power etc. But the nice thing about keto is that it's a muscle sparing diet. Since your body is using fat, you don't have to worry about your body using up all of its glycogen then going to tearing down muscle for energy. Once you get your body into ketosis, you'll be getting your energy from your fat stores.

But again, there is a lot of good info in the stickies, so just read through them and once you get the idea down and have specific questions post again. We'll be able to help you out a lot more once you've got some specific questions. It's good to get a basic understanding of the diet rather than just having people send you a sample of their diets. It's good to give you an idea what it looks like, but everyone is different in how they need to approach the diet to get the best results. I for example, can't/am not willing to eat a lot of things other people on here swear by. But i've still lost almost 35 lbs between two cuts. It's really about learning how the diet works, then working out a diet plan that will be the best for you. The diet that's best for someone else may not be the best way for you to go about it. Just my two cents.

If there's anything i can help you with just PM me. I'm more than happy to help.
    We fight til no one can fight us
    We live, and no one can stop us
    We pull but we're pushed too far
    And the advantage is, The bottom line is,
    We never had to fight in the first place,
    We only had to spit back in their face,
    We won't walk alone any longer,
    What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.