Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Son i am Dissapoint...

In these pics im 199, down from 204 at the start of the "prep" But sigh im highly dissapointed with how things are going so far. the lowest i got was 195 as of saterday, then i had a cheat meal n im 199 as of this morning.

Im supposed to be 18wks out but i think im not going to compete this year...i jus dont have the money to pay for the food to diet down. Atm a typical day is

can of tuna
    1 1/2 c of rice
    1 c of oatmeal
    4 eggs2 pieces of toast
    Apple (of other fruit)

I know this only comes out to 1300 cals so i would eat a couple pieces of fruit to try n even things out sigh. My macros were supposed to be 206/195/58.5

But the protein was pretty epxensive n my folks told me the same. I kno i need a job but im workin on my grades (2.7 gpa). Ill be 17 in march, so im guessin ill have some time to compete next yr. In the meantime, i dont think ill come in in shape so im gonna save my money and focus on adding more size while getting leaner. Hit me wit the critique/comments brosephs

Last edited by Hamo313; 02-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.

srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would work on putting some size in your chest before trying to lean down. just my 2 cents
    "The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    18 weeks is absolutely doable
    1300 calories is way too low that far out though.

And yes, the chest is very underdeveloped in comparison with other groups

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't understand ... low cal dieting is cheaper than bulking or even everyday living!

No money for protein? Do you mean food or whey? Whey is actually cheaper g per g then something like chicken, beef, eggs, fish ... ?

I don't think it's the food cost that should be the issue. There's the cost of entry fee, possible hotel stay, tanning products. That could hold you up more than the "extra" cost in food.

You could do 18wks if you wanted it but it doesn't sound like you really want this bad enough.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kentykentkent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    I don't understand ... low cal dieting is cheaper than bulking or even everyday living!

No money for protein? Do you mean food or whey? Whey is actually cheaper g per g then something like chicken, beef, eggs, fish ... ?

I don't think it's the food cost that should be the issue. There's the cost of entry fee, possible hotel stay, tanning products. That could hold you up more than the "extra" cost in food.

You could do 18wks if you wanted it but it doesn't sound like you really want this bad enough.
    exactly what gold ole' barn said...if you were really motivated NOTHING would get in your way, you would find a way to get the money, you would diet down properly and you would win that competition!

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post

+1

Gotta want it. If you want it there is no obstacle too great to overcome. However, dont be shamed into competing. YOU have to want it. IF you dont.....then you dont. ALl that means is that you have other priorities and there's nothing wrong with that. If you dont have the money......earn it. Get a job. Collect cans. Do odd jobs....shovel snow or whatever. There are always opportunities for those that create them. Just be honest with yourself and decide what you want to do. And do it.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hamo313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^Yea its more expensive. Everyday eating- no cost. What ive been eating for past 6 wks- about $30 for chicken(or substitute w/tuna) and eggs. then about $30 worth of oats and rice has lasted since i first bought them. What i was supposed to buy-idk the exact cost but it was lik 4 more eggs, 17 more ounces of chicken, and 2 more cups of oats per day. Btw im a junior in hs, w/$60 of allowance per month (yes very generous parents)

And u say its doable to come in in shape in 18 more wks??? Cuz ill eat my meals for the day and idk wat else to fill in for a few more hundred cals, and im second gussing myself when i eat some fruit cuz idnt kno whether or not im helping or hurting my physique...

My main question is can i continue to do what im doin and still come in in shape

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hamo313 View Post
    ^Yea its more expensive. Everyday eating- no cost. What ive been eating for past 6 wks- about $30 for chicken(or substitute w/tuna) and eggs. then about $30 worth of oats and rice has lasted since i first bought them. What i was supposed to buy-idk the exact cost but it was lik 4 more eggs, 17 more ounces of chicken, and 2 more cups of oats per day. Btw im a junior in hs, w/$60 of allowance per month (yes very generous parents)

And u say its doable to come in in shape in 18 more wks??? Cuz ill eat my meals for the day and idk wat else to fill in for a few more hundred cals, and im second gussing myself when i eat some fruit cuz idnt kno whether or not im helping or hurting my physique...

My main question is can i continue to do what im doin and still come in in shape
    Why is eating everyday no cost? Your parents are paying for it? Are they feeding you snickers bars or cat food or...? It seems like any kind of a somewhat normal family meal plan can fill most of a bodybuilders diet. Why cant you use the food your parents supply to fill most of your diet and then spend your 60 dollar allowance to fill in the holes? Quite honestly, I am pretty sure I could get by on 60 bucks to feed me for a month if I had to. If you give me a tub of protein, a jug of oats, a jar of peanut butter....I could probably go for a quite a while. If you planned it out by eating your current foods and supplemented with added protein and whatever else you need there is no reason why 60 bucks a month wont do it.

3DMJ Athlete

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think it's doable but I would take a step back and come up with a good plan. You need to spend some time and research out a solid diet plan and then see what you can do with your parents help. If the timing isn't right or it becomes way to stressful and your grades take a back seat, then maybe waiting is better. The stage is always there.

Good luck!

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm going to just toss a wrinkle in here Hamo. COuld you do it? Sure! 18 weeks, given your current condition is doable if you apply yourself.

Should you do it? I don't think so. Why? You're 16 years old. I hate, absolutely hate, seeing people your age compete. Not because of the competition itself; I actually think that part of it is healthy. I don't like seeing young guys waste their potential by constantly dieting!!!!

Guys my age do steroids so that they can have the hormones of guys your age, even if only temporarily. Your homronal profile, assuming you're a healthy young lad, is like the gift that keeps on giving but not forever. You have about 5 or 6 years of prime growth ability!!! Use that as much as possible to realize your potential.

I promise you this much. You will not reach your max potential when you're spending half the year dieting! Eat/Lift/Recover with Growth in mind. Do this and you will be tearing the place apart in a few years!
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    I'm going to just toss a wrinkle in here Hamo. COuld you do it? Sure! 18 weeks, given your current condition is doable if you apply yourself.

Should you do it? I don't think so. Why? You're 16 years old. I hate, absolutely hate, seeing people your age compete. Not because of the competition itself; I actually think that part of it is healthy. I don't like seeing young guys waste their potential by constantly dieting!!!!

Guys my age do steroids so that they can have the hormones of guys your age, even if only temporarily. Your homronal profile, assuming you're a healthy young lad, is like the gift that keeps on giving but not forever. You have about 5 or 6 years of prime growth ability!!! Use that as much as possible to realize your potential.

I promise you this much. You will not reach your max potential when you're spending half the year dieting! Eat/Lift/Recover with Growth in mind. Do this and you will be tearing the place apart in a few years!

I think you and I have agreed on this point in the past. And I still agree. It is good to bring this up. I never tell a teen not to compete......but i would not spend a lot of time competing as a kid for the reasons you listed.

3DMJ Athlete

Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey dont give up bro! you could do really well and have plenty of time to get shredded

try raising funds, maybe sell some stuff on ebay etc, and your cals are very low atm

I dont pay for groceries. BUT o well. Now i have a solid plan. Im going to cut for 6-8 wks w/lower carbs, and see how lean i get. Depending on how i look ill decide whether or not to do the show. Even if im not on track to be contest ready, ill at least be >9% bf by that time

Now i know exactly how much money i need to earn n all that. So ill post another thread in a few weeks when i start