GeraldGarner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm Perkisizing, Tony....Horton-Nutrition/Workout Log

Was watching the epic movie known as Heavyweights, and decided this was an appropriate time to make a thread.

Background: I played sports in high school, including football, where I lifted weights for 2 years. At my max I was 225-230, and ate whatever I wanted, and was still relatively lean. Then college came, and destroyed me physically- though I never really pack on weight I just got incredibly out of shape with the exception of some gym stints. I guess i just didn't get motivated without someone yelling in my ear. Started to run/swim on and off for the past 2 years. At the same time I have been eating sensibly the last 2 years with a diet very similar to the one below.

A couple weeks ago I decided if I was going to get in high-school shape, I needed some motivation. While I was never one for gimmicks, I needed a little jump start, and have recently started p90x. The first week destroyed me daily, but I could already see and feel the results. On my 2nd week, however, starting with yesterday (Chest & Back) I felt dead and not only did I do worse than the 1st week, but had to cut the workout short. So, I'm making a guess that may be my nutrition.

Goals: Get in great shape. I want to gain muscle, increase endurance, increase flexibility, and become more active in sports. In the short term, I'm not worried about cutting.

Current Workout: Week 2 of p90x, eventual plans to get back to the gym.

Stats: 6'1'', 201 lbs, Age: 25

Food: Will be weighing with a scale. I eat mostly fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy. For social and health reasons, I don't like to eat as much meat as many would recommend-I try to eat a couple of vegetarian meals a day. I also rarely eat anything processed as part of my normal diet. I do drink occasionally/go out for dinner, as I am in my 20s. No more binge drinking for me though.

GeraldGarner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today's Food:

Meal 1: 4 egg white omelette, black beans, chicken breast, tomatoes, low fat cheese. Apples on the side.

Meal 2: Small bowl of bran cereal with nonfat organic milk.

Meal 3: Chicken, brown rice, tzatziki, mixed greens, small tomato, apple slices.

Meal 4: Bowl of oatmeal, with a little milk and brown sugar added.

Meal 5: Chicken, broccoli with cheese, balsamic onions, brown rice.

Meal 6: Greek yogurt 0% fat with blueberries

Macros: 1233 Calories, 17 F, 115 P, 150 C

This is my first day ever actually adding up what I eat, and all I can say is I'm very surprised. I never realized my calories and fat were that low. I know I need to be eating at least 2500. Suggestions? I'm thinking adding a supplement to my diet may be beneficial. I'm looking for some made from natural ingredients and processed very little. I recall some chocolate egg white drink I used to drink back in high school. Or possibly just making my own with protein powder.

spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spimp187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you kinda answered your question yourself - you need to eat more. For starters, you could get rid of the low fat stuff. Fat is not the enemy. You need to eat more protein as well. Eat larger portions of your current protein sources. You can also add some nuts to your diet which will bump up your calories.

Basically, figure out your daily macro requirements and then divide by 6 meals and shoot for that number each meal. Makes it simpler. For example, your cereal and oatmeal meals have low amounts of protein so you have to make that up somewhere. You should easily be able to reach your daily nutrition requirements without turning to supplements at this point.