Thread: parents

pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

parents

I have a little problem... my parents arent letting me do keto but I REALLY want to. I can do it at bfast and snacks and lunch but at dinner they make me eat stuff with lots of carbs. anyoneh ad that problem? how can i convince them that its safe/hjealthy?

Everyday I'm Muscling eternalprimate's Avatar
    eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could try to educate them using sources from the web about how gross refined Carbs are for you. And maybe show them people who have been on the diet for a while (think there are people at like 5years+ on Keto). Sadly though I'm afraid they will act as any typical American who has already been brainwashed by the government and media about what is and isn't good to eat. Especially when you start to contradict their diet and eating habits they'll probably get defensive and pretend they know more about health than you because they've been around longer. This is kind of a sticky situation eh...
    IIFYM/IF Crew.
    R.I.P. Zyzz - Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics

heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50) heytred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's a very easy and normally effective way to approach this situation. Do your research, find some articles and studies showing the benefits of a Ketogenic Diet or showing the negative effects of refined carbs.

Find these, read them, and learn. Print them off. Ask your parents to read them and get back to you. Approach the situation as composed and maturely as you positively can... if your parents refuse to even take it into consideration and read the material... then... you'll have to deal.

But it's highly unlikely that your parents are that unreasonable, I'm sure they'll be impressed that you care enough to put all that work into it.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WTF, OP is 13. Her post reflects her 13 year old brain. Her perspective is that of one who is unable to consider the motivations of others. Most of all, her parents, are worried that a child with a developing brain and body is drastically changing her eating habits. More than that, OP is in the highest risk group for eating disorders. I'd be worried for my daughter too.

Many/most of the people that have done keto have done the research and understand a little bit of microbiology. Judging from OP's spelling errors, OP's reading comprehension is not up to snuff to make an informed decision.

OP, I'm not trying to dog you. The replies above are irresponsible, though.

OP. Chill. If you've researched you should know to stay away from too much fructose and get a decent amount of protein. Leave it at that, kid.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    WTF, OP is 13.
    Oh ****. I didn't even look at her profile. Ok. I officially retract my statement.

Just eat a balanced diet and make sure that you are not over eating. There is no reason you really NEED to be on Keto. Judging by your picture you don't look overweight at all. Listen to your parents. When you are 18, then do whatever the F you want.
    IIFYM/IF Crew.

z_serge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) z_serge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say that you don't have to "not overeat" at this age. You are still growing and need the extra nutrition to develope.
    Just eat whole and healthy food and stay away from processed junk. This way you will not get fat even if you overeat somewhat.

As far as the keto goes, leave it in your arsenal to when you're done developing and must get to a certain weight. No need for it for now.

I promise you that you will not get fat if most of your food is whole.

johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnPNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gullibility never ceases to amaze me.

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    WTF, OP is 13. Her post reflects her 13 year old brain. Her perspective is that of one who is unable to consider the motivations of others. Most of all, her parents, are worried that a child with a developing brain and body is drastically changing her eating habits. More than that, OP is in the highest risk group for eating disorders. I'd be worried for my daughter too.

Many/most of the people that have done keto have done the research and understand a little bit of microbiology. Judging from OP's spelling errors, OP's reading comprehension is not up to snuff to make an informed decision.

OP, I'm not trying to dog you. The replies above are irresponsible, though.

OP. Chill. If you've researched you should know to stay away from too much fructose and get a decent amount of protein. Leave it at that, kid.
    I can't believe those guys all responded before looking at her picture. Nobody her age should be doing keto or even be visiting this forum for that matter. Eat a normal, healthy diet right now. Your body is going through changes and you get free food from your parents now anyways. Enjoy being young and don't be so worried about your body.
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bscherer View Post
    Nobody her age should be doing keto or even be visiting this forum for that matter.
    Blanket statements are rarely 100% true. Including this one.

However, I generally agree with you.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Originally Posted by bscherer View Post
    I can't believe those guys all responded before looking at her picture. Nobody her age should be doing keto or even be visiting this forum for that matter. Eat a normal, healthy diet right now. Your body is going through changes and you get free food from your parents now anyways. Enjoy being young and don't be so worried about your body.
    I saw her picture. I just didnt pay attention or give a **** about what she looked like so I didn't even think twice. I don't usually go into people's profiles when responding to posts either. Just saw someone in need and felt obligated to help.
    IIFYM/IF Crew.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    Am I the only one thinking troll? Sex=Male.

But ok.. In case srs.. Wow.. guess her parents would rather her stuff her face with carbs and then go puke it up and get a real eating disorder like most teens do.

Age is kind of irrelevant. They probably eat a standard American diet of potatoes, pasta and pizza which is obviously not healthy either.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Blanket statements are rarely 100% true. Including this one.

However, I generally agree with you.
    Agreed especially if we're talking about an obese kid, a kid with epilepsy, type II Diabetes...

But, we're talking about a standard 13 year old girl (or even more likely a troll).

OP, just do as your parents ask, they're trying to help keep you healthy (more mentally than everything). No need to go down this road. Just try to eat healthy foods and maybe pick up some sports. Soccer, Cross Country, Cheerleading, whatever.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eternalprimate View Post
    I saw her picture. I just didnt pay attention or give a **** about what she looked like so I didn't even think twice. I don't usually go into people's profiles when responding to posts either. Just saw someone in need and felt obligated to help.
    And, thus the reason you're red.

LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats the first thing I look at is the profile, red or not and age to gauge how respictable the poster is...
    To live is Christ, to die is gain. -Phil. 1:21
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - For Lifeee!
    360 Tag = L1ghtForce

Juggernaut Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649301213#post649301213

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    bb.com doesn't even let 13 year olds register unless they enter their parent's email and then they have to fax something to the admin stating they gave permission for their kid to be on here.

You can change your age to younger than 13 after you're already registered..

So.. troll is likely. Next time pick 14 for your age.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

Originally Posted by Wtf? View Post
    bb.com doesn't even let 13 year olds register unless they enter their parent's email and then they have to fax something to the admin stating they gave permission for their kid to be on here.

You can change your age to younger than 13 after you're already registered..

So.. troll is likely. Next time pick 14 for your age.
    Soooo, what you're saying is that a 13 year old is old enough to find the site and register, but it wouldn't occur to them to lie about their age and then change it after they register?

zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zipl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    then stop "feeling" like having pasta and carby foods like that and hint that you want something like fish or salad or something?

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    And, thus the reason you're red.
    Actually the reason I'm red is because some dude in Misc with 1700+ rep, negged me because I thought the girl he posted a picture of was fugly. Reputation is a retarded way to base any opinion about someone. The fact that people with high rep can neg you for no reason whatsoever and you can do nothing about it is pretty rad.

I don't give a **** about rep. You come to me with a legitimate question and I will help you any way I can.
    IIFYM/IF Crew.