cadst1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No more stomach pains while on Keto

I started up on Keto once again and its been a week so far. My weight dropped 8lbs. and I feel so much better physically. I know a lot is water right now, but the one thing that I noticed is that I don't get the intestinal pains that I get when I eat carbs and fats together.

I thought that the pains came from eating fatty/greasy foods but I guess I was wrong. Has anyone else experienced this or is this just something up with me?

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cadst1 View Post
    I started up on Keto once again and its been a week so far. My weight dropped 8lbs. and I feel so much better physically. I know a lot is water right now, but the one thing that I noticed is that I don't get the intestinal pains that I get when I eat carbs and fats together.

I thought that the pains came from eating fatty/greasy foods but I guess I was wrong. Has anyone else experienced this or is this just something up with me?
    No idea man. You might want to talk to a doctor about that.
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cadst1 View Post

I hear you on that. Keto cured my indigestion completely.

cadst1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jthornez28 View Post
    I hear you on that. Keto cured my indigestion completely.
    We will see what happens tonight with all this Thanksgiving food lol

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't have a source to cite at the moment, but somewhere I read that eating a keto diet reduces inflammation in the body. So, even though scientific proof > anecdotal evidence, I have experienced this effect.

For one, I just "feel" better. Like yourself, any digestive issues I have greatly dissipate while on keto. I don't bloat (less water weight or whatever). My face, which is very acne-prone, clears up nicely. The best benefit for me, however, is that my joints feel so much better on keto. When I'm eating carbs, everything just hurts... my knees, my shoulder, and my recovering ankle (I broke it over the summer and had to have it set with pins). I find that when I am on keto, the ankle doesn't hurt nearly as much and the swelling is greatly reduced.

Sooooo.... I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that perhaps some component of the carbs you eat irritate your body in some way, and on keto that source of irritation is removed.

jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChicagoChef View Post
    I don't have a source to cite at the moment, but somewhere I read that eating a keto diet reduces inflammation in the body. So, even though scientific proof > anecdotal evidence, I have experienced this effect.

For one, I just "feel" better. Like yourself, any digestive issues I have greatly dissipate while on keto. I don't bloat (less water weight or whatever). My face, which is very acne-prone, clears up nicely. The best benefit for me, however, is that my joints feel so much better on keto. When I'm eating carbs, everything just hurts... my knees, my shoulder, and my recovering ankle (I broke it over the summer and had to have it set with pins). I find that when I am on keto, the ankle doesn't hurt nearly as much and the swelling is greatly reduced.

Sooooo.... I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that perhaps some component of the carbs you eat irritate your body in some way, and on keto that source of irritation is removed.
    This is very interesting to note because about a week ago I sprained my ankle pretty badly playing basketball and the first day it felt like it was going to be months before I could even put pressure on it again. Suddenly a day later it felt 100% better and now only a week later I am almost completely healed. My ankle injuries usually linger for awhile but lately they havent at all, I'm wondering if I can attribute this to keto.

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChicagoChef View Post

I've noticed keto helping with the joints as well. I am no doctor, but I'm guessing this has something to do with humans eating a keto based diet for thousands of years. Something just tells me there has to be a real, biological reason for us feeling better, thinking more clear when doing keto. There hasn't really been much scientific research done on keto and how it affects these areas of our bodies so all we can really do now is just hypothesize.
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bscherer View Post
    I've noticed keto helping with the joints as well. I am no doctor, but I'm guessing this has something to do with humans eating a keto based diet for thousands of years. Something just tells me there has to be a real, biological reason for us feeling better, thinking more clear when doing keto. There hasn't really been much scientific research done on keto and how it affects these areas of our bodies so all we can really do now is just hypothesize.
    Makes sense to me. I also had achy joints before keto (gone now), and like OP, I had major stomach issues--always bloated, with those 'stabbing' pains after eating. I experience none of that since I've been on keto.

However, I fell prey to Thanksgiving stuffing (resisted everything else), and am now paying for it--still.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    Makes sense to me. I also had achy joints before keto (gone now), and like OP, I had major stomach issues--always bloated, with those 'stabbing' pains after eating. I experience none of that since I've been on keto.

However, I fell prey to Thanksgiving stuffing (resisted everything else), and am now paying for it--still.
    Yep. Turkey Day came and screwed with my willpower. Lol. Damn shame too; I could have just eaten the lovely smoked turkey and creamy spinach, artichokes, and leeks I made but I couldn't resist all of the other goodies I had to put together. As you can imagine, my whole week was filled with cooking and at some point I convinced myself it that I should just relax and enjoy some of it.

Uh, yeah... not such a good idea. I understand that part of making lifestyle changes is the ability to partake in the occasional goodie-fest, but self-restraint is key. It wouldn't be such a big deal except once I go off, it's hard as hell for me to get back on.

Needless to say, I have felt positively awful this whole week... my joints are killing me and I'm a bloated mess. I've also been breaking out.

I need to do better!!! >_<