Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    I honestly have no idea.

And they pose in walking shorts, so it looks more like a men's fashion model contest. I hope I'm wrong.
    Nope, that's exactly what it is. You're being judged on looks as well...so make sure you have a pretty face...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Nope, that's exactly what it is. You're being judged on looks as well...so make sure you have a pretty face...
    Exactly my thoughts. It's a male beauty contest, for guys who don't squat.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I dunno that these physiques are mediocre.

I totally agree

I bet a poll would say the majority of men on bb.com would say that this type of physique is the one they aspire to have and not the Jay,Ronnie,etc... one. I would also guess most women prefer that type of physique for a man.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post
    I totally agree

I bet a poll would say the majority of men on bb.com would say that this type of physique is the one they aspire to have and not the Jay,Ronnie,etc... one. I would also guess most women prefer that type of physique for a man.
    I would be content to walk around sporting a physique like these fellas for sure. I hope the judging leans more towards this rather than the brad fight club look.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would be content to walk around sporting a physique like these fellas for sure. I hope the judging leans more towards this rather than the brad fight club look.
    Those guys have good size and aesthetics that while not over the top, are not the fight club or A@F skinny look. They definitely put some time and effort in to look this way.

Erected 1969

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Yup, they have the female division too. I'm too big for figure and if I want to do well in this division, I have to go in smaller then a lightweight female bb and soft. No more ripped. The plan is to phase out FBB.

They are continuing to lower the bar and rush people to the stage. It's all about the $$.

Looks like retirement for me because now I have no where to go...
    Yeah, the decision to create the "Men Physique Division" is certainly dubious.

However, the planned steps to phase out FBB is easily the worst BB decision in many years. The issues that the NPC and IFBB face with FBB are well-known; I'm just not convinced that essentially killing FBB was the only way to address the problems.

The truly big girls (i.e., even without "assistance") will never fair well in bikini, figure, or fitness comps.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Guff View Post
    Maybe it says something about the times we live in.

After all, this dude is going to be the next Conan for 2011.

What happened to using a BB'er for Conan?
    Say it ain't so
    If you think you can or think you cant, your right.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Don't understand the desire to reward mediocrity. There are already organizations for natty BB so they couldn't be going after that demographic. So it's nothing but a way to encourage people to be less than all that they can be. I agree with pretty much all of the negative comments posted here and all over the web. What a lame move!

OTOH it will be great for all of those who annoy us talking about how all they want to do is get a little bit "toned". It just has no place in a bodybuilding organization.
    Overweight and arrogant

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    because parading around in bananna hammocks, with Right Said Fred bumping in the background, is much more manly
    Well luckily for you you now have a division to compete in with those chicken legs you're sporting.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    LMAO.

Appears to be, doesn't it?

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    LMAO.

Appears to be, doesn't it?

-=FLEX=-
    You know what the really sad part is? Now all these guys at the gym who never train legs, and only do curls, wrist curls, and bench are going to have an excuse.

"Nah, brah.... I don't do the leg thing. I'm like, training for physique class, cuzz!"

But, on the bright side..... If they divide it into height classes like women's physique, then there might be a spot in the tall class for BJE....
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    I totally agree

Couple of these guys would do fairly well in a bodybuilding show, so I guess, I am like, Huh?
    KDHunter

CHARGER FOOTBALL BABY
    O35 5/8" Crew

All this talk of rewarding mediocrity, not training hard,etc.... A lot of guys today could run with Arnold in his heyday, yet he is still revered. I love Arnolds and his generation builders physiques but they are nothing compared to todays mass monsters, not even close. I find it hard to believe here on O35, that many of you would consider those guys physiques to be sub-par. Maybe i am a tad biased as i personally want my physique to be in that range.

(no homo)

Erected 1969

JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform quarter (1/4) turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage."

No flexing allowed, just posing?

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs down

Looks like all the guys in Men's heatlh.

No hate, they train and eat to look like that, but it looks like a contest for America's Next Top Mens Underwear Model.

Hey, that could be the newest show on the O channel

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Hell, I might have a chance in that, NPC judges keep telling me I need another 20lbs, that my body refuses to add
    except for those gay ass board shorts, my legs are one of my best parts
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

None of those guys are really "contest shredded" either. So this class will also appeal to those who can't or don't want to micromanage their macros.

I guess if you want to put a positive spin on it, it will appeal to guys not yet disciplined enough, or massive enough to compete in bodybuilding. Sort of a stepping stone class for those who aspire to reach the top, but aren't quite there yet. As long as the pay (if any) and the trophies are still larger for hardcore competitors, then these physique guys will still have motivation, if desired, to keep improving. And it may encourage more to actually get on stage and see what competition is like.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyVee View Post
    "Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform quarter (1/4) turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage."

No flexing allowed, just posing?
    I'm not sure about the men, but the women will be hitting bb poses. No more clenched fist though, they want more classy, open handed posing...

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Well I for one plan in competing as most of the ladies say I'm beautiful....

wait , that never happened my bad

srs mind= blown at this. possibly the silliest thing Ive seen in awhile and IMO sells short the real competing bb'ers who bust their ass day in and day out...

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Compete at what? Competitive bodybuilding is way gay.

Way gay? What are you, like 10 years old.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

You're on bb.com talking s*** about competitive bodybuilding. You're a d*** how about go somewhere else...

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Neg points for no quads and pos points for having hair like "The Situation."
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are obviously in the wrong forum and that is offensive.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could this be called the BJE division???? Not allowed to weight more the 2.5 pounds per inch of height?
    I'm a sad little man

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I totally agree

Well let's see about that, I'll create in the misc.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Trolling again.........
    The first rule to winning the game is to stay in it......

First time I negged someone in a while.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I dunno that these physiques are mediocre.

HUGE difference between these two examples. The skinny dude would be a joke for fitness, and "may" pass for a shorts model. The other guys look damn good imo, and I'd be happy to look like any of them. They are clearly unlike about 90% of most other dudes.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000) JimmyVee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lulz @ manlet rage

U mad?
    "Manlet"? WTF - you may want to look a little closer...................

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrong forum, my ass. Plenty of people golf, but don't follow golf. Same principle applies here.

Theres always lots of negativity around this place if you dont aspire to be a fake tanned, oiled up, speedo wearing poofster parading around so other men can judge you.

They made another slightly less fruity category, who really cares that much?
    ----------------

I'd agree with the poster above and I'll add in my opinion, which is worth less than two cents on the market today. I should say that I agree with the "negativity" point, not that bodybuilding means walking around in a speedo, all oiled up and "poofy." (I should have mentioned this earlier but was in a hurry when writing this post--my bad).

The guys in this division, like it or not, have worked out. From the picture provided, it's obvious they've spent time in the gym and have trained hard and dieted harder. No, they aren't five percent body fat (or whatever the high amateur and pro bodybuilders have come contest day) and they aren't "huge" but they aren't "stick men," either. They're somewhere in between. Maybe that's what a lot of younger guys--or even older ones--aspire to look like. Maybe not. I think that's for the individual to decide.

Since this is a bodybuilding forum with a wide range of bodytypes and potentials floating around, I would go so far as to say that these dudes ARE building their bodies the way THEY want--and what the new division wants as well. I might add that a couple of them looked like they are on low dosages of the "special supps" although it's just a guess and in no way should be taken that they ARE on the sauce. JMO...

Personally, I think the idea of this division is somewhat of a joke, just for having the category which amounts to a male beauty contest. To me, bodybuilding contests are just that: Building the body to its highest potential and then showing it off. This is somewhat less--obviously--and not really needed in my opinion, but it shouldn't be held against these guys. They have trained hard to look the way they do, and let's face it, they're a lot more muscular than a lot of the "Men's Health" guys in the mags. S--t, everyone raves about how "jacked" Taylor Lautner (the lousy actor in the "Twilight" series of movies) is. Well, compared to his former physique he's a lot better built but he hardly compares to these guys.

FWIW, I think a lot on this forum--me included--have the idea that "bodybuilder" means being as big as the IFBB pros--which for most is totally unrealistic since we don't use the "supps" that they do. Even some of the natty contests--and let's assume those guys aren't using low dosages--have dudes that are bigger than the men shown earlier and bigger than many of the guys--young or older--on this forum.

You can hold the idea of a "Men's Physique Contest" against the promoters and that's fine but I wouldn't diss the guys themselves. If they're happy with that look, no biggie to me.

JMO on all this...
    Last edited by GuyJin; 11-06-2010 at 02:41 AM.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1