Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)

A day in my life (how is it looking?)

How's it going everyone!!!

Some background info:

30 years old
    24% bodyfat
    96kg (211.6lbs)
    5'11
    I have been following PBateman2 / Manu's Time to bleed blog (VERY INSPIRING THANKS SO MUCH MANU!) and have started fasted training in the AM as well. My plan is to cut down to around 11-12% bf than start a very long slow controlled bulk with a slight surplus of calories.

So today this is what i have done/ have planned:

Alarm went off at 5am and i bounced out of bed (ok so actually i dragged my tired *** out of bed ). I know this might sound strange / gross but i leave a can of sugar free V (not sure if you guys get that in the US but it's like Red Bull) and when my alarm goes off the first thing i do is crack the can and chug it down. No way in hell i'm going back to bed after that!!!

It's monday morning here in Australia so today is my chest day. I got kitted up in my workout gear ie crappy old baggy shirt and shorts + beat up Asics + 4 year old ipod and did 10 mins warmup on the treadmill. I'm lucky enough to own a treadmill and decent home gym so i workout at home. After my 10 min warmup + some stretching i did the following:

1. Incline DB press (4 sets of 10-12)
    2. Flat bench press (4 sets of 8-10)
    3. Flat DB press (4 sets 8-12)
    4. 3 sets of pushups to failure

took me a bit over a 1/2 hour or so with rest period's kept to a maximum of 1 minute. Amazing how quick i can get it done with no waiting etc like i used to at the gym.

My split is:

Mon: Chest
    Tues: Arms + abs
    Wed: Back
    Thur: Shoulders + abs
    Fri: Legs

Once that was done i grabbed the the dog leash and a few poop bags and was out the door running with my dog. I did 5k in just under 30 mins then home and into the shower and helping my daughter and wife get ready for the day. The damn dog must have been saving it up for me because i had to stop 3 damn times to pick up after it. Seriously the only thing i hate about having a dog.

Breakfast:
    1 cup raw oats (i just prefer them raw, they seem more filling to me that way)
    1 cup low fat milk
    1 scoop of ON cookies and cream protein powder (I mix the powder with the oats while they are dry, drop in the milk, stir it up and munch it down with a BIG glass of cold water).

Off to drop my daughter at daycare + work

Lunch is usually 12-12.30am

1 large grilled chicken breast (no skin)
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup broccoli steamed
    1 Diet coke

I have a protein shake in the afternoon around 3ish which i blend up the night before that includes:
    1 Scoop or powder
    1 cup lowfat milk
    1 frozen bannana
    1 cup cold water
    Finish work about 5 and head home for some time with my wife and daughter.

Dinner around 6-7. This varies but tonight we are having:
    1 piece of fish grilled (Australian Barramundi tonight, very nice!)
    green salad
    a few pieces of low fat cheese
    no fat salad dressing
    1/4 an avocado

A then get prepped for the next day and relax by playing some games or watch tv with the Mrs then i'm usually in bed by 10-11pm.

According to fitday i'm taking in roughly 1900 cals with a mix of 45% protein (213grams), 35% carbs (175 grams), 20% fat 41 grams). I usually eat pretty much the same thing mon-fri with a bit more variety on the weekend but still around the same cals or slightly higher.

Am i on the right track? I workout like this Mon-Fri and take both Sat and Sunday off. I have trained with weights on and off since i was 15 but got lazy and fat as my career took off in recent years and really fell off the wagon. NO MORE!!!

swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well how is your progress coming along so far? Looks good to me... basically just making healthier eating habits. Not on some strict stupid diet. Hit the weights hard, throw in cardio and thats really all there is to it.

Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah all good so far. I haven't weighed myself in a while but i only really just started this AM lifting program properly so it's all good. I'm trying to reduce my reliance on so much sleep (i used to feel like a Zombie if i didn't get 8-9 hours and even then it was hard to get out of bed) and make this a permanent lifestyle change so the first few weeks are probably the toughest part but nothing i can't get used to eventually.

I've got a decent amount of lean mass under this blubber (just under 170lbs lean mass from my calcs) just need to be consistent enough and work hard enough to make the most of it. Repped for your reply.

I think in the past i tried to over think things and concentrated less on the stuff that actually get the results (like training every day, generally being more active and eating a sustained cal deficit) and spend way to much time and effort worrying about stuff that did very little for me (like supps, different carb cycles etc).

I'm assuming it's good then.

One question i have is about the effect heat has on protein. Is the effect overated? I mean we cook meat and it still has heaps of protein (i wonder what the difference is between raw meat and cooked?) so if i dump a scoop of whey and some skim milk in with my oats and microwave them for 90 seconds will that mean i don't get the full 25gram serve from the scoop?

swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swolejack5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jonesy08 View Post
    I'm assuming it's good then.

One question i have is about the effect heat has on protein. Is the effect overated? I mean we cook meat and it still has heaps of protein (i wonder what the difference is between raw meat and cooked?) so if i dump a scoop of whey and some skim milk in with my oats and microwave them for 90 seconds will that mean i don't get the full 25gram serve from the scoop?
    not too sure to be honest, but dont even bother looking into it. Just keep eating high protein sources and good things will happen, I guarantee it haha.

FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FIERO3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks good so far but lose the diet coke.(too many chemicals) and drink plenty of water. good luck man. and dont get discurraged it takes time.