Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    sewetrev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cutting, should i start with rippetoe?

I've just started working out, (couple of months in) and i'm cutting.
    Currently gone from 212-190 aiming to get to 170.

my question is, should i start rippetoe starting strength now? or wait until i get to 170 then start with my bulk?

I'm just worried that its aimed towards building strength, but i'm thinking that my lifts may not go up at all whilst cutting.

Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sewetrev View Post

my question is, should i start rippetoe starting strength now? or wait until i get to 170 then start with my bulk?

I'm just worried that its aimed towards building strength, but i'm thinking that my lifts may not go up at all whilst cutting.
    dont reduce your weight for now build muscle first, before cutting .. just do ripp and eat enough calories for your weight..

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How tall are you? Unless you are like 5'0 tall where 190 is not a good place to be, I would say bulk. Starting Strength + a beginner with a clean bulk = win. You will more than likely see yourself lean out a bit as a beginner, because you people are special like that. Take advantage of the muscle building, cut later when you are a beast.

AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

DUde you've been lifting for like 2-3 months, relax on the supps. I didnt even take any supps until I was 3-4 years working out and majorly plateaued. Just stick to whey protein post workouts and maybe casein protein for nights.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're right, they probably won't. On SS you add 5lbs to the bar each work out. You won't be able to do that on a cut. Your muscles need to recover quickly to keep up with that. At 190 you're at a good weight to start SS. If you insist on being 170 first then I would suggest holding off on starting SS until you are ready for a bulk. You'll see the best results that way and will actually be following the program as intended.

Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    You're right, they probably won't. On SS you add 5lbs to the bar each work out. You won't be able to do that on a cut. Your muscles need to recover quickly to keep up with that. At 190 you're at a good weight to start SS. If you insist on being 170 first then I would suggest holding off on starting SS until you are ready for a bulk. You'll see the best results that way and will actually be following the program as intended.
    thanks, exactly what i thought.

Originally Posted by AudiRS6 View Post
    DUde you've been lifting for like 2-3 months, relax on the supps. I didnt even take any supps until I was 3-4 years working out and majorly plateaued. Just stick to whey protein post workouts and maybe casein protein for nights.
    what supplements are you referring to?

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup View Post
    How tall are you? Unless you are like 5'0 tall where 190 is not a good place to be, I would say bulk. Starting Strength + a beginner with a clean bulk = win. You will more than likely see yourself lean out a bit as a beginner, because you people are special like that. Take advantage of the muscle building, cut later when you are a beast.
    i'm 6foot, i'm carrying a lot of weight on my chest and lower abdomen so its a personal preference that i want to cut first, my plan is to cut to 170 then clean bulk to 190ish not looking to become huge.

Originally Posted by Skullbreaker View Post
    dont reduce your weight for now build muscle first, before cutting .. just do ripp and eat enough calories for your weight..
    thanks for all the replies guys, this forum is great.

quick question, is it easier to cut when i have more muscle?

polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarmike76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for all the replies guys, this forum is great.

quick question, is it easier to cut when i have more muscle?

Not necessarily, it's better however... you'll see much better results when you do