Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Took a month off, how do I get back in the fight?

I've been doing a cutting diet since December (the ketogenic diet) and exercising 6 days a a week - both LISS and weights.

But I took a month off when I had to do my university term papers and study for final exams. I feel and look fatter.

I'm finding it hard to get back into my regimen again For some reason I don't have the same motivational level as I did before.

Has this ever happened to you? Any advice?

QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes. I just jumped in it. I don't know what more to say really.

northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by QT View Post
    Yes. I just jumped in it. I don't know what more to say really.
    ok thx

I just weighed myself and have discovered I've put on 10 pounds in a month (some of it is water weight because the amount of carbs in my diet increased significantly).

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did this the summer before last, took like 6 weeks off before realizing how bad I want to keep training. The first thing to do I think its start SIMPLE.. You are going to write a workout plan on paper and it will NOT feel how you expect it to, you're gonna tire out much more easily than you used to.

They say a good habit takes 1 week to break and 3 weeks to form so I'd say focus on re-forming the habit.
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This happened to me a few months ago after an injury. I came to people here for help and between them and mental power, I got right back in and better than ever!! Good luck

Originally Posted by InclineDBPresss View Post

They say a good habit takes 1 week to break and 3 weeks to form so I'd say focus on re-forming the habit.
    I like this saying. Thanks for the advice.

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need to develop the mentality that exercising is something you need to do. Not something extra. Where to begin? Set a diet. Second, set a regime. Weigh yourself once a week. Don't check yourself out in the mirror every day. Don't beat yourself up over something like eating a kit-kat bar. Stick to it the best you can, and keep in mind that it's an on going process. There is no end to this. If you stop, just start again. Once you finish your first work out and you feel that pump and rush of adrenaline, you will remember how it felt...and this will have a huge affect on your motivation. Just go..do it. Even if it's something as simple as a pushup workout to begin with, it will help you bring back that mentality you had before.
    squeeze your glutes and press

VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) VaSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You had the motivation to get in shape before finals, so reach back to what motivated you then and grab ahold of that.

Another option would be to get an old workout buddy or even a new one, motivate each other.

Just suck it up and get back on the train