Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DatDereCe11Tech View Post
    go to any gym u see and talk to a lot of the biggest guys there

many of them eat whatever the hell they want and party 1-2x a week

it's complete bullcrap that u need to life like a monk to have a great physique
    I never said live like a monk, and i never said dont party... I gaurantee the guys with the best physiques follow a diet... maybe not all but i bet most.. But your comparin once or twice a week to me saying ALL THE TIME... Once or twice is fine but everyday? C'mon now...
    blah

Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by pyro19 View Post
    You never in your life would say that to my face lol but i have nothing to prove to someone like you... Carry on
    oh yea sup, i think i found a pic of u.

superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000) superdunkaroos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hashish View Post
    1 guestion guys.....

i have 2 protein shakes a day...

i train @ 5pm ....

should i have 1 protein shake b4 training.. and 1 after...?? or both after training??

@ reasonable times obviously.....
    honestly it doesn't matter that much as long as your get your daily requirement in that day

but atfer work out sounds good, just make sure you space them out
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    everybody in this thread listen to wannabsedated (srs)

thank god somebody looks up real info instead of listening to bro science bs thats been regurgitated a million times on this site

i'm 216 lbs and i see the same gains on 70 grams of protein a day as i do on 250

Im blue daba di daba di.. ChrisSWE's Avatar
    ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [size=6]go to any gym u see and talk to a lot of the biggest guys there

many of them eat whatever the hell they want and party 1-2x a week

it's complete bullcrap that u need to life like a monk to have a great physique]
    I think i listen more to the results from all IFBB and amatuer Bodybuilders, Athletes that all uses a high protein diet then you.

I also prefer to listen to someone that has a scientific study backing up their claim rather then a guy that just trying to Troll people with his low protein diet theory.

End of discussion.

go to any college town

u will find guys who are huge and lean who drink EVERY day
    That is called genetics and has nothing to do with us that dont have that kinda super genes.
    Last edited by ChrisSWE; 04-26-2010 at 02:35 AM.
    /10

DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DatDereCe11Tech is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I never said live like a monk, and i never said dont party... I gaurantee the guys with the best physiques follow a diet... maybe not all but i bet most.. But your comparin once or twice a week to me saying ALL THE TIME... Once or twice is fine but everyday? C'mon now...
    go to any college town

u will find guys who are huge and lean who drink EVERY day

pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Joseph_Brosef View Post
    oh yea sup, i think i found a pic of u.

Yea thats me... lol
    blah

wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisSWE View Post
    I think i listen more to the results from all IFBB and amatuer Bodybuilders that all uses a high protein diet then you.

I also prefer to listen to someone that has a scientific study backing up their claim rather then a guy that just trying to Troll people with his low protein diet theory.

End of discussion.
    brb diet doesnt matter just work out.

Oh wait I did that for 2-3 years and had nothing to show for the hours I spent in the gym. Then I bought some whey and boom gainz everywhere.

Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I think i listen more to the results from all IFBB and amatuer Bodybuilders that all uses a high protein diet then you.

End of discussion.
    There has actually been plently of scientific studies done that show 1g protein/lb of BW is not needed for muscle growth.

End of discussion.
    brah u think all bodybuilders live like f*cking monks?

f*cking bullsh!t... u think they are eating chicken and brocolli instead of cake and alcohol for their birthday?

all this perfect lifestyle crap is overrated. The most important thing, by 10 miles, is a very very intense training regimen and the right amount of calories for growth or weightloss

go to any gym and talk to the big dudes there, I guarantee u at least half of them eat whatever they want and drink quite often

Originally Posted by wsuwarrior View Post

Oh wait I did that for 2-3 years and had nothing to show for the hours I spent in the gym. Then I bought some whey and boom gainz everywhere.
    Thats what im saying but apparently i know nothing either... Just dont bother.. Saving you a headache
    blah

That is called genetics and has nothing to do with us that dont have that kinda super genes.
    yea cuz genetics alone can repair and build muscle, ur body doesnt need aminos it just needs genetics.....GTFO *******.

brah u think all bodybuilders live like f*cking monks?

f*cking bullsh!t... u think they are eating chicken and brocolli instead of cake and alcohol for their birthday?

all this perfect lifestyle crap is overrated. The most important thing, by 10 miles, is a very very intense training regimen and the right amount of calories for growth or weightloss

go to any gym and talk to the big dudes there, I guarantee u at least half of them eat whatever they want and drink quite often
    Actually my trainers bday is today, and guess what??? Grilled fish and veggies are on the menu!!
    blah

Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Who are the ones advocating high protein diets? Supplement companies? lol... After some point, high protein is useless. Most pros say to stick with high protein because they've done nothing else. Old habits die hard...

u didn't have any gainz cause u ate like a vagina

my best friend gained 40 lbs in 12 months cause he ate the right amount of calories... which is all that really matters

bullsh!t... I'm sick and tired of people acting like those with good genetics are somehow inhuman when it comes to this stuff

genetics determine ur bone structure and how fast u gain muscle mass. Doesn't mean that all average Joes have to have a perfect lifestyle to see growth

Actually my trainers bday is today, and guess what??? Grilled fish and veggies are on the menu!!

this dude - who is big and about 8% BF year round (one of my buddies) - eats McDonalds and Chipotle 6 times a week

Originally Posted by Messier_Object View Post
    Who are the ones advocating high protein diets? Supplement companies? lol... After some point, high protein is useless. Most pros say to stick with high protein because they've done nothing else. Old habits die hard...
    exactly

people here value broscience from their favorite bodybuilders more than real legitimate facts derived by science

wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wsuwarrior has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    u didn't have any gainz cause u ate like a vagina

my best friend gained 40 lbs in 12 months cause he ate the right amount of calories... which is all that really matters
    All I changed was eating more protein brah...

All I changed was eating more protein brah...
    lol

if u didn't gain any mass before... and then u started gaining mass, u dramatically increased ur calories

this is the only possible answer, otherwise u are defying all rules of logic/science/nutrition

this dude - who is big and about 8% BF year round (one of my buddies) - eats McDonalds and Chipotle 6 times a week

Cool bro...

This guy, someone i know (not close by any means but is my trainers best friend) Says diet is key..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkio-aCINrs
    blah

lol

if u didn't gain any mass before... and then u started gaining mass, u dramatically increased ur calories

this is the only possible answer, otherwise u are defying all rules of logic/science/nutrition
    lulz I bet you suck to be around IRL

Calories is definitely the most important thing to growing but protein is a close 2nd.
    Last edited by wsuwarrior; 04-26-2010 at 02:32 AM.

dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cool bro...

This guy, someone i know (not close by any means but is my trainers best friend) Says diet is key..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkio-aCINrs
    ofc diet is key, no1 is advocating that ppl eat nothing but fried chips all day....We are talking about protein intake. There are plenty of jacked vegetarian bodybuilders that take no supplements, get less protein than required and get it all from plant/fruit sources.

Originally Posted by dizzay20 View Post
    ofc diet is key, no1 is advocating that ppl eat nothing but fried chips all day....We are talking about protein intake. There are plenty of jacked vegetarian bodybuilders that take no supplements, get less protein than required and get it all from plant/fruit sources.
    I couldnt agree more sir.. But this argument went far past the point of simple protein intake...
    blah

3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 3000RT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb IFBB pros eat 400-500 grams so I should eat like them even though they are on Cell Tech

Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Magsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    High protein diets are associated with a positive nitrogen balance. A negative nitrogen balance is a catabolic state while a positive balance is a anabolic state. Aside, from this fact protein timing is suggested for greater muscle gains. I think the protein intake depends on the day. For example, postworkout your glycogen reserves need to be replenished with a fast digesting carb and protein for muscle repair. Take caution absolutely agreeing with scientific articles because we do not know the exact environment surrounding the study. Ask what kind of protein they consumed, when they consumed it, genetics, what kind of carbohydrates they consumed, etc. The list is endless so use their studies only as guidelines. Find what works for you.

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's funny because i do exercise physiology and still get told that "0.8g/kg" which is like 0.3g/lb is the "max anybody can take".

anyway it's true no study has been done on bodybuilders and the studies done on athletes do show that 1g/lb seems to be the maximum, but again after that point it's all conjecture.

I can come up with half a dozen arguments for and against protein intake >1g/lb - fact is it wont ever be proven in bodybuilders

I think the biggest thing is though that these guys are under estimating just how much effect the actual increased calorie intake is rather then it being protein itself - ie would increasing the carbs and/or fats to get more calories give them identical, better or worse results

end of the day its a great way to start a flame war

Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pull-Up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless you are on juice you probably don't need more than 1g of protein per lb.

Originally Posted by Pull-Up View Post
    Unless you are on juice you probably don't need more than 1g of protein per lb.
    Strong avy.

Less internet, more gym DontRevMe's Avatar
    DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein is the ONLY calorie that builds muscle, carbs and fat are used for energy. The idea is to make sure you are taking as much as your body can use for recovery. 1g per lb is rule of thumb IMO.

Vyr2017 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vyr2017 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vyr2017 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vyr2017 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vyr2017 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DontRevMe View Post
    Protein is the ONLY calorie that builds muscle, carbs and fat are used for energy. The idea is to make sure you are taking as much as your body can use for recovery. 1g per lb is rule of thumb IMO.
    Stats: 5'11", 215 lbs

= Fat