serra119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Scotts First keto bulk diet!

alright i did my research and chose keto to bulk with to minimize fat gains... im really excited.. at this point im 140 at 6% bf i know my bf is low but id like to keep it that way. i have six meals includng my pwo shake...i used i lil diff ratio 61,32,7 ( fats, pro, carbs,) to bulk i need at least 3000 cals so heres my diet
    Totals at bottom...

Meal 1 Cals carbs pro fat
    6 whole eggs 310 5 36 21
    1/3 cp cheese 110 0 7 9
    5 sl bacon 250 0 8 22.5

Meal 2
    1 can tuna 100 0 22 0
    2tbsp olive oil 246 0 0 28
    1tbsp mayo 90 0 0 10
    4 slices ham 70 3 9 3

Meal 3
    8 ozchicken br 220 0 40 2.5
    2tbsp butter 200 0 0 22
    1 tbsp ol oil 123 0 0 14
    1 cp veggies 30 4 2 38.5

Meal 4
    8 oz tilapia 200 0 40 2.5
    1/4cp almonds 170 5 6 15
    2tbsp butter 200 0 0 22

Meal 5(b4 bed)
    1cp cott chs 160 10 26 0
    4 beef sticks 340 2 16 28

pwo shake
    1.5 scp whey 200 4 34 2
    3 tsp dex 45 12 0 0

Totals: cals-3064 carbs-45g protein-246g fat- 200g

i have a pre workout drink with 10 carbs... i thought it would be ok cuz i didnt think it would throw me outta ketosis... and im bulking so i got a lil room...

What do you think?

Buck1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does your workout look like?

Originally Posted by Buck1210 View Post
    What does your workout look like?
    sunday chest and shoulders
    monday back and traps
    tuesday legs
    wednesday arms and calves
    thursday off
    friday depletion workout full body

just started my keto bulk

First day of the keto bulk weighed myself today and i am 137... tested for ketosis (had no doubt i was not gunna be in it) and came up negative. eating breakfast as we speak:
    Black coffee
    6 whole eggs
    5 slices bacon
    water
    .....Its crazy to think eating like this good help me lose fat and build muscle lol
    gunna get a lower body lift after my next two meals...
    Still really excited that i have a diet and workout plan i can stick to..
    well this is the end up my first update

first lift

first lift on keto i did upper body
    incline db press- 4 sets of 6
    weighted pull pull up 4 sets of 6
    front and side raises- 4 sets 6
    db military press 4 sets 6
    skull crushers 4 sets of 6
    db curls 4 sets of 6
    pushups to failure

it seems like alot.. but i felt pretty good

2nd day on keto diet... tested negative for ketosis.... sorer today that normal but im guessing that comes with the territory... was thinking about doin a lil cardio to but not sure considering mf bf is low and dont wanna start eatin my muscles to early into this... i was thinking that over extended periods of time are bodies store excess carbs as fat.... so would being on this keto diet for to long bring excess fat that would lead to storage just my question? another question if your providing your body with fat as the energry source from food... does it have to burn through that before it gets to your own fat cells? well im gunna see how i feel if i got a lil energy i'll bust sum low intensity cardio out... till next time

keto log update

my 2nd day in the keto diet and i tried doin a lil cardio... my energy level has dropped SEVERELY.. im hoping this means the depletion of glyco is gettin close cuz i dont want it to stay that way...on my first keto diet i guess this means progress... yet another reason why keto is the most interesting approach i have taken so far... till next time

3rd day in...

just started my 3rd day still not in ketosis...not discouraged tho i kno this takes a bit... and im drinkin a gal of water a day... did sum research and deciding to add a few carbs ( 25-30 grams malto) to my pwo shake it might take me longer to get in ketosis but it benefits protein synthesis and im bulking so it couldnt hurt...till next time

about to go to bed... eatin sum beef sticks and half cup cottage cheese i love this diet... im hoping i wake up in ketosis tomorrow.. its like waiting for christmas to come... i drink alot of water (actually its all i drink about a gal a day) so that could be a reason why its not showing yet, but i had a severerly hard leg day and did sum cardio so till next time..

4th day in..

4th day into my keto bulk and couldnt really tell if i was in ketosis the stripped seemed to be in between negative and trace... i did legs yesterday and had about 20 gram of simple carbs and whey in my pwo... knowing i shoulda waited till ketosis to throw in the simple carbs i did some cardio about 4 hrs later.. im hoping this ketosis speeds up a lil... any tips? im now eatin 5 eggs an 4 slices of bacon for breakfat mmm ...till next time

5th day in...

im startin to thi these keto strips are bs... i used one today and it seemed to show a lil trace of being in ketosis... i love this diet im eating eggs chees and bacon with the bacon grease poured on top... couldnt be happier... i got upper body today my fav days... i notice that even tho im drinkin a gal of water a day my body is not holding it as mauch as i did with my old high carb diet which means i look lean all the time i love it... till next time

questions about my diet

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.html

hows that look for my bulk... im still in the first week should i lower my cals until i am in keto longer?

6th day in

i had an absolutely amazing upper body workout yesterday... so my energy levels are not droppin... it could be cuz of my preworout drink... im gunna drop it cuz it has 10 carbs in it... i'll just use sum coffee and arginine pills.. today is an off day so i might do a lil cardio maybe not... im gunna drop my cals to mainteniance (2500) so my body continues to switch over. till next time

7th day in

i can feel the side effects and transition more.. i deciding after this first two weeks of keto im gunna go to a tkd to insure im getting muscle growth all week.. i got lower body today... my weight continnues to come off and not really liking it but i guess this is what happens

bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunbunVI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to watch this log, it intrigues me! No carbs could really work for me to gain some muscle.

villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) villie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink

if the keto sticks are only showing trace amounts then its because your obviously getting too many carbs, but the weight drop is because your body is getting rid of excess water weight that higher carbs make you retain. after four weeks of ckd im switching to a tkd as well. im trying to do the same type of concept as you though.
    you show research the anabolic diet. its another type of keto diet thats supposed to optimize hormone levels for bulking up.

Originally Posted by villie View Post
    if the keto sticks are only showing trace amounts then its because your obviously getting too many carbs, but the weight drop is because your body is getting rid of excess water weight that higher carbs make you retain. after four weeks of ckd im switching to a tkd as well. im trying to do the same type of concept as you though.
    you show research the anabolic diet. its another type of keto diet thats supposed to optimize hormone levels for bulking up.
    the keto stix could also show trace because my urine is diluted...meaning i drink alot of water... and if im getting a cal surplus then it also has a hard time showing ketosis.. i had my first meal last night and i have read the anabolic diet... hve you read the cut lean mass diet or any ebooks by scivation there great you should check em out

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by serra119 View Post
    my weight continnues to come off and not really liking it but i guess this is what happens
    Well, you were advised that extra calories were needed, even more so than on a normal 40/40/20 split.

the keto stix could also show trace because my urine is diluted...meaning i drink alot of water... and if im getting a cal surplus then it also has a hard time showing ketosis.. i had my first meal last night and i have read the anabolic diet... hve you read the cut lean mass diet or any ebooks by scivation there great you should check em out
    You are bulking, toss the stix in the back of a very dark closet.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Well, you were advised that extra calories were needed, even more so than on a normal 40/40/20 split.

You are bulking, toss the stix in the back of a very dark closet.
    well i was taking in 3000 cals.. seems like alot to me

bad news... lagging in the gym

well my strength and muscle endurance do not feel the same even after my carb up meal last night so i have a new approach:

im gunna keep my nitro fire pre wo drink...10 carbs pure sugar
    and Im gunna use about 10-20 grams of dext post wo
    so basically a tkd variation other than that the rest of my carbs are trace carbs and fiberous ones...
    i dont like the idea of a pure carb day... rather a carb meal of about 200-250 grams about once a week or maybe every 4 or 5 days... any ideas or advice?
    Last edited by serra119; 03-30-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey bro, are you doing Cut Diet Lean Mass or TKD? They are VERY different.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    Hey bro, are you doing Cut Diet Lean Mass or TKD? They are VERY different.
    im modifying my diet because my lifts are lacking ... not everyone isthe same... if i feel 30 grams carbs split between post and pre is gunna help a lil and boost my energy levels then im gunna do it.. im intermingling the two for a diet that meets my indiv needs i kno thw pwo carbs have benefitted me in the past

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well my strength and muscle endurance do not feel the same even after my carb up meal last night so i have a new approach:

im gunna keep my nitro fire pre wo drink...10 carbs pure sugar
    and Im gunna use about 10-20 grams of dext post wo
    so basically a tkd variation other than that the rest of my carbs are trace carbs and fiberous ones...
    i dont like the idea of a pure carb day... rather a carb meal of about 200-250 grams about once a week or maybe every 4 or 5 days... any ideas or advice?
    IMHO:

Peri-workout nutrition is good.

Carb-up needs to contain a bit more or you should consider 2 of those meals a week.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    IMHO:

Peri-workout nutrition is good.

Carb-up needs to contain a bit more or you should consider 2 of those meals a week.
    i could def do that twice a week or every 4 days. thanks for your help

ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironmanjt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i could def do that twice a week or every 4 days. thanks for your help
    BUMP.....any updates?

Originally Posted by ironmanjt View Post
    BUMP.....any updates?
    Ya well i have just added the full carb up day meaning i ear carbs all day and saw great results in the gym next day! the small meals didnt compare to the energy and strength i felt after a full carb up day... if you would like more info on a diet like a keto bulk go to www.musclehack.com this is full of ppl bulking with this diet... download the ebook total anabolism and read up on it... its a great read