In search of visible abs. heatlill's Avatar
    heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question on prioritization.

My workouts revolve around these compound exercises...DeadLifts, BB Rows, Bench Press, Squats, Over Head press. For the past few months I have been doing the following order on back day...

DeadLits 10, 5x5
    BB Rows 10, 5x5
    Pullups/Chinups 8x3-4 (can only do 3-4 at a time right now)
    Supplimental Exercise 3x10

The supplimental Exercise is one of either DB Rows, Inclined Lever Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, depending on how I feel that day.

I have been able to increase my DLs and BB Rows but I am still struggling with the pullups/chin ups. I was thinking of moving pullups/chinups to the top of my routine for a few weeks/months to see if I can increase reps.

Anyone have any success in a similar situation? Or any advice?

Thanks
    Excuses are the seeds of regret.
    Cut Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121762451

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by heatlill View Post
    My workouts revolve around these compound exercises...DeadLifts, BB Rows, Bench Press, Squats, Over Head press.
    Good so far.

DeadLits 10, 5x5
    BB Rows 10, 5x5
    Pullups/Chinups 8x3-4 (can only do 3-4 at a time right now)
    Supplimental Exercise 3x10

The supplimental Exercise is one of either DB Rows, Inclined Lever Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, depending on how I feel that day.
    Seems OK. Personally, I'd choose your supplemental exercise based on things other than feelings, like your specific weaknesses, but it's probably not all that big of a deal.

I have been able to increase my DLs and BB Rows but I am still struggling with the pullups/chin ups. I was thinking of moving pullups/chinups to the top of my routine for a few weeks/months to see if I can increase reps.
    Sounds OK to me, but as a powerlifter I wouldn't personally do anything but deadlift first, but that's just because it's a lift I need to focus on for competition.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

In search of visible abs. heatlill's Avatar
    heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50) heatlill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Good so far.

Seems OK. Personally, I'd choose your supplemental exercise based on things other than feelings, like your specific weaknesses, but it's probably not all that big of a deal.

Sounds OK to me, but as a powerlifter I wouldn't personally do anything but deadlift first, but that's just because it's a lift I need to focus on for competition.
    I like the idea of focusing on vertical pull up exercises as my supplemental for a few weeks before I move DLs down in the order. I'll give that a try.

Thanks.
    Excuses are the seeds of regret.
    Cut Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121762451