Impromac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frustrated With Fat Loss

I am a 35 year-old woman who started losing weight about 2 1/2 years ago. I got so tired of being fat ,and I decided to lose this fat and get to about 140lbs. I was on the Zone Diet(50/35/15), and I had success for about 13 months from 227 pounds to 157 pounds. I thought that if I stayed on this diet that the 17 pounds would eventually come. However, weight loss was only being maintained and not going any further for another year and a half. Just so you know, I started with a regiment of weights 3x/wk and cardio 6 days/wk. I even have a personal trainer. Then, about 5 months ago, I started weight training 4 days/wk and still had cardio 6x/wk. I don't like machines so I do cycling and step aerobics classes with the occasional stairmaster just to take a break. I was able to work my way up to 45 minute sessions. With my weight training, I was supersetting 2 sets with at least 3 exercises per body part. I still superset, but now I do at least 3 sets and I am lifting heavier now.
    I also decided to change my diet by hiring a nutritionist, who put me on a 40/40/20 like diet, but incorporated bread, potatoes and rice back into my diet, which the Zone is completely devoid of. While I have been on this diet, I have had a yo-yo effect between 160 and 157 pounds. Just two weeks ago, my nutritionist decided to cut my carbs from my meals and increase my protein intake. I did lose three pounds in the first week, however, I am not sure if my body will adapt again.

I am simply frustrated. I got onto BB.com and became inspired by the transformations and was glad to see that the diets alot of people were on were the same as the one I am on now. However, after 8 weeks, I have not made any progress. Some of these people on this website have started the same time I did, and look fabulous.

So these are the questions that I have

1. How do I shock my body into fat burning mode once again through diet and maintain it?

2. How do I shock my body into fat burning mode once again through exercise and maintain it?

For those of you who need a snap shot of my current stats and diet,
    I am 5'1 and 155lbs with a 32 in waist and 38 in hips, lean body mass is 110 lbs last time I checked.

I eat 6 meals a day every three hours

Meal 1= 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 3/4 of egg beater 5 grams fat from almonds
    Meal 2= 3 oz potato and 2.1 oz of chicken breast
    Meal 3= Meal consisting of chicken, fish, or turkey/1 cup of vegetables/ 1/2 cup of rice
    Meal 4= 28 grams of protein powder
    Meal 5= Same as meal 3 except with a 3 oz potato instead of rice
    Meal 6= Same as meal 4

Meals 3 and 5 are prepared at the beginning of each week. I do take fish oils, CLA, and L-carnitine, and a thermogenic.

Impromac
    Last edited by Impromac; 01-17-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: to add name

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Seems like you've just plateau'd, just eat less. Your diet looks to be nice and clean, but still seems like a little bit over what you should be eating.

Count up the calories and tell us what you get, it will help a lot.

Impromac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The_Metal View Post
    Seems like you've just plateau'd, just eat less. Your diet looks to be nice and clean, but still seems like a little bit over what you should be eating.

Count up the calories and tell us what you get, it will help a lot.
    My calorie count right now is 1430. While on the Zone, I think I was between 1200 and 1300. Before the change two weeks ago, I was 1510

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Impromac View Post
    My calorie count right now is 1430. While on the Zone, I think I was between 1200 and 1300. Before the change two weeks ago, I was 1510
    1400 calories is probably around maintenace for you, taking your height and weight into account. Try lowering your calories to 1000-1100 a day and see where that gets you. You should be losing weight on that figure.