Registered User LiftHardOrDie22's Avatar
    LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question What should my heart rate be during my cardio?

Im 22 years old 6'2 210lbs. I was wondering what is the best range for my heart rate to be at when I do my cardio. I usually do 30mins after my 45min lift.

Yesterday I did 30 mins on the olyptical and my average heart rate was 164. Im just wondering if that rate is high/low/ideal.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" Socrates

NASM CPT, CES, PES Certified
    TRX Suspension Training Certified

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHardOrDie22 View Post
    Im 22 years old 6'2 210lbs. I was wondering what is the best range for my heart rate to be at when I do my cardio. I usually do 30mins after my 45min lift.

Yesterday I did 30 mins on the olyptical and my average heart rate was 164. Im just wondering if that rate is high/low/ideal.
    If you want to use target heart rate zones for training look into the Karvonen and Zoladz methods. Do not use the basic 220-Age formula as it was never intended for general fitness.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on your goals

LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SocratesTX View Post
    Depends on your goals
    My goal is to preserve as much muscle as possible, especially since im doing this after my lifts, and lose belly fat. Im looking to lean out a bit since I just finished my bulk (gained 15lbs). Any better suggestions?
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" Socrates

marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marseea1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    personally i like to do my cardio as separate from weight training as i can.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A good mix of LISS/MISS and HIIT a couple times a week with a calorie deficit will work. If you keep lifting and keep your protein intake up you'll be fine. I've taken a month or more off and ran a lot (35-50 miles a week) and didn't lose any visible muscle mass, just strength, but even that came back within a couple of weeks after returning to the gym. Oddly I looked bigger due to increased definition from all the cardio.

bump

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHardOrDie22 View Post
    My goal is to preserve as much muscle as possible, especially since im doing this after my lifts, and lose belly fat. Im looking to lean out a bit since I just finished my bulk (gained 15lbs). Any better suggestions?
    Focus on your diet.