Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member: Team Ground Zero huddlestonalex's Avatar
    huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Aaronistheone View Post
    I dont know you or anything.. But why are you bodybuilding if your a fighter??!!!! That will slow you down and add very unfunctional weight to you you cant use. Its just size that serves no purpose but to slow you down and make you hit very softly.

GO here www.rosstraining.com and order infinite intensity to learn how to train like a fighter..

Theres free articles with workouts you shoulkd give a go.
    LOL, Idk why Im responding to this but what the hell! Lol, I lift weights for size broski but assuming that all my weightlifting is only good for in the weight room is a joke! Any lift that encompasses multiple joints will provide improvement in other aspects and damn, even isolation lifts can be helpful. Honestly, IMO the only "bodybuilders" who would be struggling from their mass would be the guys who are truly adding mass past their frames ability to hold it. Im 6'6", I could put on a ton more weight and still be just filling out my frame bro. Trust me, my conditioning is in check and I go out of my way to keep it separate from the strength aspect of my training. All I can do is tell you what works for me adn the fighters I train as the trainer for the MMA team I work with, what I learn in my Ex Sci degree and after that, just show when I finally fight. Thanks for coming in
    Sponsor me maybe?

Check out the site: www.alexhuddlestonbjj.com

Tweet me: @Shavedgorilla

Instagram me: @TheShavedGorilla

Xbox me: @ShavedGorillaYo

I might even friend you on the ******** if you find me.

illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by huddlestonalex View Post
    LOL, Idk why Im responding to this but what the hell! Lol, I lift weights for size broski but assuming that all my weightlifting is only good for in the weight room is a joke! Any lift that encompasses multiple joints will provide improvement in other aspects and damn, even isolation lifts can be helpful. Honestly, IMO the only "bodybuilders" who would be struggling from their mass would be the guys who are truly adding mass past their frames ability to hold it. Im 6'6", I could put on a ton more weight and still be just filling out my frame bro. Trust me, my conditioning is in check and I go out of my way to keep it separate from the strength aspect of my training. All I can do is tell you what works for me adn the fighters I train as the trainer for the MMA team I work with, what I learn in my Ex Sci degree and after that, just show when I finally fight. Thanks for coming in
    werd

Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    your a begginer and training people... and you think bodybuilding helps you? when your just inflating your muscles with liquid lol the only reason people agree with you is cause this is a bodybuilding site retard,. Your goin far i can tell lol.

And no bodybuilders all suck ass at mma... been proven over and over. They have no conditioning.. and there energy systems (endurance/explosiveness/strength/strength and muscular endurance) all have to be trained which none are.

and congratulations on getting a degree. To bad you didnt learn anything.
    Last edited by Aaronistheone; 01-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    ftw

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your a begginer and training people... and you think bodybuilding helps you? when your just inflating your muscles with liquid lol the only reason people agree with you is cause this is a bodybuilding site retard,. Your goin far i can tell lol.

And no bodybuilders all suck ass at mma... been proven over and over. They have no conditioning.. and there energy systems (endurance/explosiveness/strength/strength and muscular endurance) all have to be trained which none are.

you get stronger and bigger by lifting weights, all mma fighters lift weights to gain strenght and size. Conditioning comes by actually doing conditioning.

Red.

Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    you get stronger and bigger by lifting weights, all mma fighters lift weights to gain strenght and size. Conditioning comes by actually doing conditioning.

Red.
    No isolation exercises and bodybuilding type training programs dont train you to fight. Ive ****ed so many bodybuilder people up. just like yall i have em singing a diffrent tune after they walk outy the door and never come back.

How is sarcoplasm in your muscles gonna help you? It doesnt.

Bodybuilding weighs u down.. it serves no purpose It worsens your conditioning to. by adding unneccesary weight you cant even use lol.

Type in crocop vs bob sapp. bodybuilder vs fighter.. Sapp falls over in pain he doesnt last a second.

FIghters fight.. and they train to fight.

Bodybuilders train for aesthetics to oil up and flex infront of a crowd of men and judges.

Im sorry this isnt wat u wanna hear tho.

red me all you want. But im right.
    ftw

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No isolation exercises and bodybuilding type training programs dont train you to fight. Ive ****ed so many bodybuilder people up. just like yall i have em singing a diffrent tune after they walk outy the door and never come back.

Bodybuilding weighs u down.. it serves no purpose It worsens your conditioning to. by adding unneccesary weight you cant even use lol.

Type in crocop vs bob sapp. bodybuilder vs fighter.. Sapp falls over in pain he doesnt last a second.

Bodybuilders train for aesthetics to oil up and flex infront of a crowd of men and judges.

Could go on an on, bodybuilding about changing your physique for the better and overall athleticism.

tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50) tenk_immortals will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, just saw this thread. Good work on filling out your frame.

Don't want to carefully read the whole thread, but I hope squats and cleans make up the bulk of your training. You should know exactly where any striking power comes from and it ain't arms.

So, what's your squat and clean max? What did you start at?

huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000) huddlestonalex is a name known to all. (+5000)

holy crap, I didn't realize I left the thread open with responses, that's my bad lol. And dude, u need to chill. When u get older, you'll realize arguments are strengthened by yhe amount of emotion you put into them. First off, I think we are disagreeing about the term "bodybuilder," I was simply refering to people who train in the typical range, people with the goal to get bigger. I'm not really saying jay cutler would kill in mma, far from it. However, the idea of fighters just fighting at the weight they naturally walk around at is about as outdated as guys just trying to get huge thinking that makes them a great fighter. Like I said, for me, I will always be trying to keep/add size due tothe fact the hw game is moving into the feild of monsters, eg frank Mir chasing lesnar. As for the beginner comment, will take offence to that. I have been training fighters in strength and conditioning for over 2 years of all weight classes and I have yet to have a fighter not make weight or be physically overpowered in a cage. Or a judo match if u wanna count those, I do since I have trained a judo olypian. So ya, I could take ur lil handstanding self and show you something.

Red.

ok, just a lil more picking on logic. When it comes to succesful predictions, no matter how many a theory is never proven. As for useless mass, keeping in the heavyweight context, tell that to a guy who is getting smothered by am experienced wrestler who knows exactly how to use that mass. But for real man, if u don't wanna ease up and just engage in discussion, get out of the thread.

Could go on an on, bodybuilding about changing your physique for the better and overall athleticism.
    Originally Posted by tenk_immortals View Post
    Hey, just saw this thread. Good work on filling out your frame.

Don't want to carefully read the whole thread, but I hope squats and cleans make up the bulk of your training. You should know exactly where any striking power comes from and it ain't arms.

So, what's your squat and clean max? What did you start at?
    Ya, I'm like the worst journal keeper ever lol, as noted by sucky response time lol. Squat max now sits at 425, started out at 185, check out my starting pics 2yrs ago, I was one skinny dude lol. I have never Maxed on cleans, I have worked with 245 for a triple but I don't I'll ever be very good at these. I got some seriously long femurs and they really affect my form from the bottom. Same with my deads, I always transistion into sumo when I work heavy for me, dead max 525. But again, it's sumo so not a traditional dead. And one more thing on iso work, I assumed it would be a given that it is not the bulk of any training routine but I guess I should explicitly stated it. Anyway, strongman routines almost include some form of specific bicep/brachalias work due to the strain on the arms from their more complex lifts/events. Again, a compliment but still usefull and foolish to completely ignore, IMO. Sorry for typos, typing on my phone lol
    Sponsor me maybe?

No point of having a journal without having the lifts lol, so here is Saturdays.

Lower Day

Back Squats on 90secs rest
    barx10
    barx10
    135x8
    135x8
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    365x3
    dropset
    225x7

Walking lunges on 90sec rest
    bw x 6steps each leg
    50lb DBS x 6stps e. L.
    75lb DBS x 6stps e. L.
    100lb DBS x 6stps e. L.
    Drop set
    bwx 20stps e. L.

DB RDLs 60sec rest
    100lb x 8
    100lb x 8
    100lb x 8
    ----I do DBS bcuz they are comfortable to me form wise and I like the extra grip work for obvious mma advantages. Same reason why I typically use DBS on lunges as well.

Box jumps on appx. 20in bench
    pace:as quick as possible while maintaining legs generatig power/movement as opposed to just getting up at all costs.
    bw x 15
    bw x15
    bw x 15
    bw x 15
    bw x 15
    bw x15
    Sponsor me maybe?

illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000) illilian is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got some seriously long femurs and they really affect my form from the bottom. Same with my deads, I always transistion into sumo when I work heavy for me, dead max 525.
    sumo dead lifts. i laugh because the bar is almost not long enough to position my feet and you're taller than me. I can only imagine... the plates probably nearly land on your toes!

steel toed lifting shoes FTW!

keep up the hard work, dude!

Originally Posted by illilian View Post
    sumo dead lifts. i laugh because the bar is almost not long enough to position my feet and you're taller than me. I can only imagine... the plates probably nearly land on your toes!

steel toed lifting shoes FTW!

keep up the hard work, dude!
    LOL, tryin broski. 3-4 days of training and 3 days of lifting, and will hopefully be mixing it up a lil more when i get moved to new place in country. Wanna start traing strong man events.
    Sponsor me maybe?

cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You're a big dude. If you train hard and live a healthy life style you could pound the hell out of some dudes in the cage my friend. Good luck.

Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100)
    why are you doing a BB split as an MMA athlete?

Workouts should be conditioning / strenght drills. not bicep curls.

shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shock710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice article. By organic one could pop out many things. Best Regards

Just figured I would post vid up of my first fight, won with TKO 1:29 into first round, it was March 20th. Next fight is April 24th in Springfield, MO

Sponsor me maybe?

TheMikal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMikal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMikal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMikal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, just stopping by to say good luck and stick with it!

Let us know how your next fight goes!

StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500)
    OP your nickname should be "The Viking" or "Enzo Maccarinelli". GJDM.

Originally Posted by TheMikal View Post
    Hey man, just stopping by to say good luck and stick with it!

Let us know how your next fight goes!
    Appreciated bro, I won my second fight april 24th in the second round with a tap out to a rear naked.

Originally Posted by StreetWise View Post
    OP your nickname should be "The Viking" or "Enzo Maccarinelli". GJDM.
    My training partners call me viking a lot cuz of the beard lol. Some announcer dubbed me the barbarian and that has kinda stuck a lil bit.

So like I just said, I won my fight in Springfield, MO, april 24th was a tap to a RNC. Weighed in at 260 which is a lil light so gonna have to hit the weight room harder from here on out. It was a good fight for me because I got to go slow and work on trying things in the cage. I prolly could of won the fight real early by rushing him and just trying to overwhelm him but Im never gonna learn anything like that. So i took this fight slow and just kinda went with the flow. Have some pics but will be putting up a thread when i get the vid online. I hopefully will be fighting for a local HW belt in mid june.

My right hand kept droppin him and he would fall into a take down but my sprawl wasnt to bad.

This was the start of the RNC that I finished the fight with

I wanted to practice my kicks in this fight a lot. I threw two head kicks, neither of which I actually set up lol so they came off really sloppy and ineffective. O well, thats what ammy is for, all a learning process.

Im happy for the win, its cool to start of 2-0 and be getting a title shot soon, but I know these are all simply steps in the right direction adn I am working harder everyday. Thanks for everyone that follows and feel free to add me of FB
    Last edited by huddlestonalex; 04-27-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Sponsor me maybe?