WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hire Personal Trainer for proper form?

I am starting SS and I am wondering if I should buy 1 session with a personal trainer to learn proper form for the power clean. Otherwise I will just do rows (like is suggested on the SS forum).

Is one session enough to learn good form? (I lifted in High School and college and I am pretty athletic)

Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WillGraham View Post
    I am starting SS and I am wondering if I should buy 1 session with a personal trainer to learn proper form for the power clean. Otherwise I will just do rows (like is suggested on the SS forum).

Is one session enough to learn good form? (I lifted in High School and college and I am pretty athletic)
    I my short experience in commerical gyms and in some instances school gyms (outside of sports) the majority of trainers don't know what they're doing which also carries over to form. They may know the basic idea, but cant move into the specifics. I personally think, unless you discover a specific trainer who knows his **** - it'll be a waste of money.

Find someone at your gym who knows there stuff and ask them for help or record yourself doing power cleans or whatever else, review, correct, review, correct. For reference check out rippetoes videos on youtube, his instructions on form/setup.

Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you may want to find a "certified strength instructor" as oppsed to a personal trainer. For moves like that trainers arent always well educated, strength coaches would be better for a move like that.

Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000) Redcutter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go to elitefts website. Find an article on whatever exercise you need to practice your form.

Strength coaches are leagues better than personal trainers.

WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok thanks guys.

klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10) klir_2m is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah I'd be careful taking advice from personal trainers. If I listened to any of the several certified personal trainers at my gym I'd be doing quarter squats and sumo deadlifts at best. One of the PTs (the gym owner) tried to "correct" my deadlift in a way that would just be impossible to do with conventional technique (he said I should start with a vertical back). I've seen several PT's train people on squats - high-bar quarter squats with parallel footing. I also highly doubt any of them have any idea how to do a proper power clean.
    The more you know, the more you squat.
    Raw 1RM's: 455 Squat, 450 Deadlift, 225 Bench