KT45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet help! She wants to lose and I want to gain

Hello everyone. I have an interesting situation. My wife is trying to lose weight and I am trying to gain weight. I'm just trying to gain about 5 lbs of muscle and she is trying to drop about 40lbs. I'd like you guys to critique our diet plan. The idea is that in order to save time and money, many of our meals will be the same and I will get my extra calories by adding more food or having more servings. We have a week long plan and which we will amend it as we go. We tried this for one week but my wife said she was having trouble between lunch and dinner and ended up cheating (with chips or fast food). Below is our plan which will give you an idea of our entire week. I calculated the plan to be around 1400 cals for her and near 2000 cal for me. If you want me too, I'll post the whole week. In any case, what can we do to make meals more filling? Any ideas for overall improvement for both of us? Thanks

Sample from Day 1

Breakfast
    Instant Oatmeal with 1% milk
    Turkey Bacon
    Grapes

Lunch
    Bacon Wrap (low fat tortilla bread with light ranch, turkey deli, romaine lettuce and swiss cheese)
    Salad (Romaine, bacon bits, light ranch, mozzarella and mild cheddar)
    100 calorie cheetos snack
    Water w/ Crystal light

Snack: Air-popped popcorn

Dinner
    Marinated Boneless Skinless chicken Breast
    Salad: Romaine Lettuce, 1000 island dressing and shredded cheddar

My additions
    Add hardboiled egg to salads
    Remove Oatmeal and have Egg Sandwich (egg, American cheese, white bread, turkey bacon)
    Drink whole Milk at breakfast and dinner
    Switch with Almonds as a snack

Her stats: Weight 240lbs, height 5 ft 6in, low-moderately active lifestyle
    My stats: Weight 160lbs, height 5 ft 9in, moderately active lifestyle

bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KT45 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have an interesting situation. My wife is trying to lose weight and I am trying to gain weight. I'm just trying to gain about 5 lbs of muscle and she is trying to drop about 40lbs. I'd like you guys to critique our diet plan. The idea is that in order to save time and money, many of our meals will be the same and I will get my extra calories by adding more food or having more servings. We have a week long plan and which we will amend it as we go. We tried this for one week but my wife said she was having trouble between lunch and dinner and ended up cheating (with chips or fast food). Below is our plan which will give you an idea of our entire week. I calculated the plan to be around 1400 cals for her and near 2000 cal for me. If you want me too, I'll post the whole week. In any case, what can we do to make meals more filling? Any ideas for overall improvement for both of us? Thanks

Sample from Day 1

Breakfast
    Instant Oatmeal with 1% milk
    Turkey Bacon
    Grapes

Lunch
    Bacon Wrap (low fat tortilla bread with light ranch, turkey deli, romaine lettuce and swiss cheese)
    Salad (Romaine, bacon bits, light ranch, mozzarella and mild cheddar)
    100 calorie cheetos snack
    Water w/ Crystal light

Snack: Air-popped popcorn

Dinner
    Marinated Boneless Skinless chicken Breast
    Salad: Romaine Lettuce, 1000 island dressing and shredded cheddar

My additions
    Add hardboiled egg to salads
    Remove Oatmeal and have Egg Sandwich (egg, American cheese, white bread, turkey bacon)
    Drink whole Milk at breakfast and dinner
    Switch with Almonds as a snack

Her stats: Weight 240lbs, height 5 ft 6in, low-moderately active lifestyle
    My stats: Weight 160lbs, height 5 ft 9in, moderately active lifestyle
    If she does Keto, and does it right, she won't feel the need to cheat....too often. Cheating is ok, but in small amounts. Appreciate the foods you use to cheat, don't overindulge...enjoy them. (I love to eat about 2500 cals of carbs when i do carb ups.)
    I put on 8 lbs of muscle and lost 2% bodyfat between 08/07 and 10/07 doing CKD Keto. You could both do Keto but you carb-up every 7-10 days and she doesn't. My wife and I almost fit the two of you. I was 182 and now am 189 and but dropped fat and gained muscle and my wife is 245 down from 265 in August. It's not super weightloss, but 20lbs in 2 months is 2.5 lbs per week.
    Step up your workouts and you'll find it much easier to pack in more calories each day.

I've gotten off of Keto for the next month or two because I take ******** and I can't function on just FFAs like I could when I wasn't taking the meds. I'll get back on Keto in a couple of months and see how things go.