Pressed, but not crushed matpal's Avatar
    matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question Do all "Private Trainers" have their own studio/gym?

We all know private training is the real way to make money, but not having a good place to train people at is a huge setback. honestly, I dont think too many people would be eager to pay $50 or so per hour to train in your basement, but maybe that's just me.

So I guess I'm looking for some good info on how to transition into a private or semi-private trainer facility wise.
    "Love Everyone" - Jesus

Ex-CEO/Unaffiliated

I used to make the Holy Grail

FF/Medic

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you have a solid clientele base? Need to have that before you make the transition

You can pay a gym rent to use their facility, but your clients will most likely have to join their gym, costing them more money. I would find a semi, private studio to train your clients vs a commercial gym

You can look to sublease from another business, hopefully health and fitness related, to help feed you clients vice versa.

Intead of paying a gym/studio rent to use their facility, you can save and apply that money to sublease from someone.

Look commercial, industrial area. Normally you can get the back of a unit that has it's own door with a roll up. It will cost you a little more than you paying a gym/studio for space, but you'll have your own private studio, and it's well worth it. If you pay a gym/studio say $500 for space, subleasing may cost you $750 or so, but well worth it.

You'll also be seen as more of a professional to have your own setting
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe not your basement, because that's sorta creepy. But possibly a community center or even a college/university gym. They are free.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by matpal View Post
    We all know private training is the real way to make money, but not having a good place to train people at is a huge setback. honestly, I dont think too many people would be eager to pay $50 or so per hour to train in your basement, but maybe that's just me.

So I guess I'm looking for some good info on how to transition into a private or semi-private trainer facility wise.
    Partnering with a good private gym that allows independents will do the job for you if you can find one - it'll also help you build your client base without any outside marketing.
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where I live, I had the option many times and people offered me a lot of money to open my own. I didn't want the headache.

Instead, most private trainers here pay rent to small "personal training only" gyms. In exchange for rent, you get a key, unlimited access in most cases and the gyms should have a limit as to capacity and number of trainers they will rent out to.

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where I live, I had the option many times and people offered me a lot of money to open my own. I didn't want the headache.

Instead, most private trainers here pay rent to small "personal training only" gyms. In exchange for rent, you get a key, unlimited access in most cases and the gyms should have a limit as to capacity and number of trainers they will rent out to.