Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NotStandingBy View Post
    You are not getting any prestige if you are going to any non-Ivy League school. Thank you, you just proved my point. You can learn everything yourself, but prestige, you'll need to go to Harvard or an Ivy League but most people won't make it into Ivy League even if they had the pre-requisite.

Since you asked me, what college are you going? CUNY too?
    1. Stanford, MIT, caltech, duke, U chicago, etc.

2. If you are not doing business or law, and your liberal arts degree is not a precursor to business, law, or medicine, then the degree you are receiving from an ivy league school is most likely worthless. They usually get beaten at anything worthwhile other than business and law by other schools. There are of course some exceptions.

3. There are no schools in the ivy league that do not suck at engineering. MOST of them also suck at science and math period.

Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually on PBS, the show with Jim Lehrer, they had a question posed by an economist who said, to paraphrase: "How is China beating us when we have the best of everything? We have Harvard, MIT, NASA, F22, all the great schools, the best military in the world, yet China is not only beating us, but will surpass us one day?"

That was the day that made me raise my eyebrow. Just having a prestigious school or the best military in the world doesn't mean anything when everyone is losing jobs, when work are being outsourced, etc. And if he is going to say "US has much better and more graduates", well, it's a bit more complicated than that. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean they will want to hire you, because by default alone, people would rather hire a cheap employee that can do the job just as well as you if not better.
    it's because the success of a society is based on manufacturing creation, not on 100,000 people with financing degrees e-mailing numbers back and forth.

Manufacturing and creation is what makes economies successful end of story.

It's even apparent if one looks back on the history of America, in the 1940s and 50s far less people got college educations than have them today Yet within that same time period. Most households thrived on only one parent working per day, a marked improvement in living condition compared to today.

now before a certain someone flies off the handle for me saying that education is useless. That analogy does in no way make that statement, the only statement made by is that there was so much production going on that businesses offered better prices for skilled workers even at low skilled positions based off the need to fill jobs for creation purposes.
    War Machine for bb.com Moderator

websites you should check out

fairtax.org kniferights.org

gunowners.org AKTI.org

“I in my own house am an emperor,
    and will defend what is mine.”

Massinger-The Roman Actor. Act 1. Sc. 2.33

NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SomeRandomName View Post
    1. Stanford, MIT, caltech, duke, U chicago, etc.
    What's your point on this? Prestige? If so, I've never heard of Duke or Caltech. If you are going to make a long, long list of college, I'm going to tell you right now that completely defeat the purpose and meaning of prestige.

2. If you are not doing business or law, and your liberal arts degree is not a precursor to business, law, or medicine, then the degree you are receiving from an ivy league school is most likely worthless. They usually get beaten at anything worthwhile other than business and law by other schools. There are of course some exceptions.
    Can you clarify or rephrase?

3. There are no schools in the ivy league that do not suck at engineering. MOST of them also suck at science and math period.
    Wait, so Ivy League schools suck at engineering? Ivy League schools suck at math and science? Am I reading that correctly?

NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000) NotStandingBy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rockyl686 View Post
    it's because the success of a society is based on manufacturing creation, not on 100,000 people with financing degrees e-mailing numbers back and forth.

Manufacturing and creation is what makes economies successful end of story.

It's even apparent if one looks back on the history of America, in the 1940s and 50s far less people got college educations than have them today Yet within that same time period. Most households thrived on only one parent working per day, a marked improvement in living condition compared to today.

now before a certain someone flies off the handle for me saying that education is useless. That analogy does in no way make that statement, the only statement made by is that there was so much production going on that businesses offered better prices for skilled workers even at low skilled positions based off the need to fill jobs for creation purposes.
    You got that about right, except I find schooling useless, education vital. Mark Twain said it best.

Work your butt off, do what you do and be the best you can be in it, and success will come your way much more easily.

Though personally, I think it's because China is branching out allowing more freedom than ever. China now allows more scientists, engineers, artists, etc. It used to be "just do math, don't worry about physics", that kind. Just math, math, math. My god, I have read of average Chinese high school with often 2-3 math class in a day. Just math, math, math. That's changing though, less math, more creative and art class, more gym class, etc.

For Americans, a lot of Americans won't even attend school. That's fine, but the worse part is they don't even like reading. And the ones in college are more worried about sex and beer than actually learning something. Then they come out and wonder why nobody will hire them (dur cause you sucked at your interviews).
    Last edited by NotStandingBy; 09-08-2009 at 08:02 PM.

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's your point on this? Prestige? If so, I've never heard of Duke or Caltech. If you are going to make a long, long list of college, I'm going to tell you right now that completely defeat the purpose and meaning of prestige.

Wait, so Ivy League schools suck at engineering? Ivy League schools suck at math and science? Am I reading that correctly?
    I think what he is trying to say is why are you going to an Ivy League school? The price is ludacris for a name that no one cares about unless it is a graduate degree.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vitalshok44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You got that about right, except I find schooling useless, education vital. Mark Twain said it best.

Work your butt off, do what you do and be the best you can be in it, and success will come your way much more easily.
    I agree, the only exceptions are for jobs that require a college degree, which frankly no job should do.

I agree with your earlier sentiments that we would be far better off in finding the best qualified people for these jobs if they simply had passed a test that you took before you were employed with them.
    Last edited by rockyl686; 09-08-2009 at 08:04 PM.

gunowners.org AKTI.org

SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

My point is those schools aren't in the ivy league and yet walk all over most of the ivy leagues in terms of prestige and ranking.

Clarify? My point is most of the majors at ivy leagues that are highly ranked are rather worthless in the work place. I really don't care where you went if your major is some form of liberal arts. Subjects like history, english, etc. are only useful for teaching.

Yes, Ivy League schools suck at engineering. MOST of them suck at math and/or science.

If you haven't heard of duke or caltech, then you shouldn't be talking about colleges and their prestige period.

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    I think what he is trying to say is why are you going to an Ivy League school? The price is ludacris for a name that no one cares about unless it is a graduate degree.
    True, in fact, I most likely won't even go. It's almost a quarter of a million to go. I don't have that much money.

Originally Posted by SomeRandomName View Post
    My point is those schools aren't in the ivy league and yet walk all over most of the ivy leagues in terms of prestige and ranking.

Clarify? My point is most of the majors at ivy leagues that are highly ranked are rather worthless in the work place. I really don't care where you went if your major is some form of liberal arts. Subjects like history, english, etc. are only useful for teaching.

Yes, Ivy League schools suck at engineering. MOST of them suck at math and/or science.

If you haven't heard of duke or caltech, then you shouldn't be talking about colleges and their prestige period.

I don't live anywhere near California, assuming that's what/where Caltech is. For example, almost all of the Ivy League are in the northeast, that's why I am more familiar with them.

Go to any part of the world, I guarantee you majority of them will go "huh?" when you mention Duke or Caltech.

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It doesn't matter what school you went too, but what you learned and how you will apply it to real life situations..(no I have not read this thread)

on another note, I remember a dude in my Sociology class said his Dad makes $250,000 at nuclear plant with a high school degree because he did some serious training.
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
    It doesn't matter what school you went too, but what you learned and how you will apply it to real life situations..(no I have not read this thread)

on another note, I remember a dude in my Sociology class said his Dad makes $250,000 at nuclear plant with a high school degree because he did some serious training.
    They'll call you a liar. Liar liar pants on fire.

Seriously though, you should read the thread. A few people are saying "omg go to school or you are doomed!" while the rest of us are saying "you are already doomed, the major you are going for is being outsourced, MUAHAHAHAH!!"

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They'll call you a liar. Liar liar pants on fire.

Seriously though, you should read the thread. A few people are saying "omg go to school or you are doomed!" while the rest of us are saying "you are already doomed, the major you are going for is being outsourced, MUAHAHAHAH!!"
    I'm pretty sure they need teachers, so I'm safe..lol
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go to any part of the world, I guarantee you majority of them will go "huh?" when you mention Duke or Caltech.
    You're wrong.

Originally Posted by ImMad View Post
    You're wrong.
    Prove me wrong. I'm Asian, been around part of the world before. What are you? Which countries have you traveled to?

I have in fact, asked them these questions. Guess what? Some people have never even heard of Harvard, believe it or not.

Originally Posted by ImMad View Post
    You're wrong.
    I didn't think it was possible to have a persecution/superiority/inferiority complex but somehow you manage to pull it off lol

gunowners.org AKTI.org

I didn't think it was possible to have a persecution/superiority/inferiority complex but somehow you manage to pull it off lol
    Since he mentioned prestige, I think he is one of those "there are countries outside of America?" people. There are prestigious schools outside of America too, Beida and Tokyo University to start you off.

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ScreechPowers View Post
    Why are they the most popular voices on the right? There are definitely plenty of educated people on the right but why aren't they the most influential ones?
    Yep , quitters that have the audacity to comment on an Obama speech aimed at keeping kids in school...
    Kickin your azz everytime

Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    Yep , quitters that have the audacity to comment on an Obama speech aimed at keeping kids in school...
    revisionist history^

gunowners.org AKTI.org

ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000) ImMad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since he mentioned prestige, I think he is one of those "there are countries outside of America?" people. There are prestigious schools outside of America too, Beida and Tokyo University to start you off.
    I have heard of Peking and Tokyo University.

Prove me wrong. I'm Asian, been around part of the world before. What are you? Which countries have you traveled to?

I have in fact, asked them these questions. Guess what? Some people have never even heard of Harvard, believe it or not.
    Of course plenty of people both in the U.S. and around the world have not heard of certain universities.

The point is, if you are someone who KNOWS about TOP universities, both in America and around the world, you have heard of Caltech and Duke. You also know that ivy league don't mean ****. Obviously plenty of people have never heard of any of the schools in question, but if you know your **** about universities, then you have.

anonymous
    I agree, the only exceptions are for jobs that require a college degree, which frankly no job should do.

I agree with your earlier sentiments that we would be far better off in finding the best qualified people for these jobs if they simply had passed a test that you took before you were employed with them.
    Or for immigration.

I quit college early when I got a job that paid more than anyone in my class would hope to make after graduating, but then spent the next decade pursuading the INS that my ability to contribute to billion dollar franchises was worth slightly more than having a 4 year CS degree (which would be completely irrelevant to my actual job)

some strong life experience ITT

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Or for immigration.

I quit college early when I got a job that paid more than anyone in my class would hope to make after graduating, but then spent the next decade pursuading the INS that my ability to contribute to billion dollar franchises was worth slightly more than having a 4 year CS degree (which would be completely irrelevant to my actual job)

some strong life experience ITT
    heresy, don't you you cant accomplish anything without completing college? lol jk

Another bonus to having people pass tests for employability as opposed to college would be a decrease in indoctrination, as people could study the material on their own time. If they wanted to, or if they were not financially able to spend thousands of dollars for college.

Simply pass the employability test, and then go look for a job in your chosen field.

Frankly, I think that's a great way to get around these ridiculous rising education prices

gunowners.org AKTI.org

SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyProp03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, the only exceptions are for jobs that require a college degree, which frankly no job should do
    You've really convinced yourself that doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers, accountants, actuaries, physicists, chemists, biologists, and economists should not have college degrees??? And you think ImMad has an inferiority complex?!?

JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000) JuanDenver is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ITT socialists agree this man has the greatest opinions in all of tv:

Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyProp03 View Post
    You've really convinced yourself that doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers, accountants, actuaries, physicists, chemists, biologists, and economists should not have college degrees??? And you think ImMad has an inferiority complex?!?
    those degrees are nothing! I could learn what doctors know by picking up a book for 1 hour a day, once a week, and in a month I am just as qualified.

Originally Posted by Spetsnazos View Post
    those degrees are nothing! I could learn what doctors know by picking up a book for 1 hour a day, once a week, and in a month I am just as qualified.
    Strawman, build another!

Originally Posted by SkinnyProp03 View Post
    what are you some kind of a wise guy? good job taking off of my quote to try to build a strawman with, you require the entirety of it for full context.

As a matter of fact, the assumption that you make from my butchered quote isn't even contained within the quote so what you said still doesn't make any sense.

I NEVER said that those people should not have college degrees, merely that a system in which a person studied and took a test for employment could be superior to the current college system, which is a roulette wheel as far as getting education versus indoctrination and in no way guarantees that you will find a job that will allow you to pay off the debt you incur from going.

But by all means SkinnyProp03 continue on in the blissful fantasy land that you live in.

I haven't seen a thread with this much reading comprehension in adequacy in quite some time.
    Last edited by rockyl686; 09-09-2009 at 01:27 AM.

gunowners.org AKTI.org

benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benzo123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glenn Beck believes jesus was chillin' in America back in the ol' days. Strong credibility.

Originally Posted by benzo123 View Post
    Glenn Beck believes jesus was chillin' in America back in the ol' days. Strong credibility.
    lol wut?

a completely pointless statementmade by you

gunowners.org AKTI.org

DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Spetsnazos View Post
    no you wouldn't be.
    Tie your shoes = ready for anything

Too Tough To Die

Originally Posted by strong~arms View Post
    I am a lifelong Republican and also in the finance industry. I went to the University of Chicago for my undergraduate and then Northwestern for my masters in economics. I can not believe the astounding degree of anti-intellectualism and just down right nonsense being spouted off by some people in this thread.
    there's nothing anti-intellectual about saying you don't need college to succeed And there are thousands of people that are successful to support that fact.

If you think you think you are going to be able to educate yourself well enough to participate in the world of high finance, well you are living in a fantasy world. Go ahead and keep telling yourself these lies if it makes you feel better about yourself, but that is all it is, a psychological defense mechanism to justify your own failure
    all you are displaying a psychological defense mechanismto over emphasized the importance of college because you must justify to yourself that spending all that money was worth it even though you didn't separate yourself that much from the whole of the workforce.

All a college education is for is a hunting license to get those jobs essentially, if getting those jobs were based on a test taken to determine your scalable for employment that a person could very well teach themselves the material, the very fact that so many online colleges proves this as these people undertake their own education on their own time.

I will concede that if you are going into the entertainment industry, whether the be an actor, or an entertainer (Rush, Glen Beck) college is not necessary. If you are a creative genius (Gates and Allen for instance) college may not be necessary. For everyone else in this country, please do not listen to these morons who are trying to compensate for their own ignorance and life failures, by their ridiculous assertions that college, graduate school, and professional schools are not necessary. I am not saying that you are stupid or a bad person if you did not attend college or pursued some other form of higher education. But unless you are prepared to start your own business and understand how to obtain financing, and how to properly prepare a business plan to show to potential investors, you damn better try to better yourself through education.
    Life failures? I make more money than most of the people that I know who went to college. I wouldn't call myself in any way a genius, just a guy who worked hard and learned all he could about his profession. So that I could undergo training within my profession to better elevate might pay level within my profession.

how would I be better off by having $100,000 worth of college debt?

Again, you!! are overcompensating and operating under a logical fallacy.
    for you to say "by their ridiculous assertions that college, graduate school, and professional schools are not necessary" is to imply that they are necessary, meaning they are essential for success, which they are clearly not.

and yes you are implying that everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, when the fact of the matter is that many people who go to trade schools end up in less debt and make just as much money.

This is not elitism, this is common sense. The only thing you morons keep posting a a stupid clip from John Stossel, are you serious. So I guess everyone who has ever attended college, grad school, etc., was just wasting their time. I will send Alan Greenspan an email later today telling him that apparently we wasted our time attending school, as some people on bb.com through their very convincing use of a John Stossel clip has shown me how much of a waste my life has been up to this point.
    yes it is elitism, you are saying that people are moronic and can't succeed in life because they disagree with your point of view, that's elitist.

If you had watched it the whole way through, you would realize that no one has vilified college, they have merely said that is not a successful endeavor for everyone.

Apparently you missed the part about multimillionaires with college educations skewing the financial benefits, it's okay you've already proven that you didn't read anything in this thread, because if you did, you would realize that none of the points you are arguing are points than anyone had.

You will not find one serious political or economic thinker (well maybe one or two) but the vast majority or going to be in complete disagreement with you. Sorry Rocky and yourname, you guys are not Bill Gates, stop using someone whose has more intelligence in his hair than you guys have combined. It is just not a good example. That is like me asserting that , Well Bob Sapp never really trained in martial arts before he dominated K1 fighting circuit. Big difference is Bob Sapp is 300 pounds of atheleticism. We need to compare apples with apples, and you guys are raisins.
    lmao so my economic arguments are no good even though they parallel Thomas sowell and Milton Friedman?
    perhaps I do not have the education of those men, but I can certainly read their collective works and formulate opinions based off those works that are perfectly valid.

I never claimed to be Bill gate's but just because I'm not a Bill Gates does not mean that I am unsuccessful.

Also nice job ending with a derogatory statement, every single one of these blocks of text has ended with an insult in the insinuation that you are better than everyone else.

Finally, I agree with Leonidas that the Republicans did do a good job of enlarging our party by taking away the Southern Democrats who were irate with LBJ over the race issue, but damn Reagan and especially Atwater for getting these morons involved in politics. God, republicans used to be the party of rational intelligence, now we look like the party of troglodytes. I am pleased because we did have years of great economic growth for people in my income range and I had very nice tax cuts (Thank you), but it truly is amazing that these imbeciles can not see that they really are voting for my tax cuts and for people of my ilk to make huge sums of money. Secret, I made a fortune through the deregulation of mortgage securirites and we knew all along that these idiots would not be able to pay back these loans, but honestly we could care less, we had people at the ground floor who were bundling them up in huge derivative packages and selling them to banks, who sold them to us, and we passed them off to institutional investors. We all knew eventually the bottom would fall out, I honestly thought it would have been about 4 years earlier, but hey I was able to make about another $500,000 in the process.
    lol it's hardly finally considering the Encyclopedia of text you've written, but anyway.

Of course, you agree with him your long-winded love to hear yourself talk answers. Most likely mean that you're of the same self superior mindset.
    (if not the same person using a ghost account)

Also, all I can do is lol at your fake fat cat story, it's clearly designed to drum up hate towards the Republican Party, because it is a poorly disguised point and laugh in the face to anyone who's not making a bunch of money that reads it.

These "redneck republicans" as we up North like to call them, really do not understand basic economics, and the ones who think they do are even better. They read one or two books and think they know everything. Guys, I will be brutally honest. Massive deregulation and laissez faire economics, does increase economic growth, for me and for the upper middle class, those top 1% of us with advanced degrees. For the rest of middle america, and especially those without college degrees, well you better enlist in the military because your economic prospect are pretty dim. I hope you enjoy pumping gas or working a cash register.
    okay now you've got me wondering if this whole post of yours is satirical in nature. I mean come on" redneck Republicans as we up north like to call them" lol nothing elitist about that

If you knew anything about economics than you would know that laissez-faire capitalism was in no way. What's been practiced the last 50 years or so, the fact that you called corporatism capitalism shows that your degree is apparently worth a plug nickel.

It's also absolutely moronic because plumbers, electricians, carpenters, auto mechanics and a plethora of small business owners do perfectly well without such degrees, it is only in your mind that that is not the case because if you look at reality objectively you would have to justify the fact that you are no better than any of the rest of these people.

(honestly, this has to be satirical on your part)

Now having a trade or skill you can make a great living. My general contractor did not graduate from college, but the guy is quite bright and started out as a Union Carpenter (yuck, but it is good for them, I totally believe in people protecting their economic self interest, I actually have more respect for the union auto worker who is a democrat than the guy working at wall-mart arguing against tax cuts to the wealthy, at least the union guy is smart enough to recognize his own interest, the other guy is a pawn.) Well gradually he saved his money and started his own contracting company. Now he only builds homes that start at about $750,000. He makes more than me, but he is really smart and had a good plan. College would not help him, probably would have hindered his plans. Unless you have something like this up your sleave, GO TO SCHOOL.
    so now you've contradicted yourself,lol before you absolutely had to have those degrees to be successful, but now, not quite so much? ha.

with this little statement here, all you've done is give the exact same advice I have

Also, you having more respect for that guy is absolutely meaningless, he's the same guy that's going to ask why am I out of a job? without making the connection that he drove his employer out of business by demanding too much for his services.

also there is nothing about free market that is antiunion, as long as government does not interfere in the free market. Unions are perfectly acceptable so long as the natural lifespan of business becomes successful and underpaid workers so workers form union to get a fair share than union becomes a greedy and drives business out of business is adhered to, without interference from government money.
    Last edited by rockyl686; 09-09-2009 at 12:19 PM.

gunowners.org AKTI.org