bodykraft has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Endurance running and testosterone.

Hi,

Over the past 3 months i managed to bring down my weight from 79 to 70 kgs.
    I used to go to the gym early morning - run for like 4 kms continuously and then train using weights for muscle growth

I read somewhere that endurance running lowers down testosterone dramatically

1. Now does running 4 kms (2 miles approx.) at the same speed (11 kms / hr) lower testosterone?

2. Also does stop and go running lowers testosterone level too?

If both the above running methods reduce testosterone, then what is the best way to keep testosterone intact while reducing body fat percentage?

Thanks for the help
    Dean

chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50) chicago-vince will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bodykraft View Post
    Hi,

I used to go to the gym early morning - run for like 4 kms continuously and then train using weights for muscle growth

1. Now does running 4 kms (2 miles approx.) at the same speed (11 kms / hr) lower testosterone?

If both the above running methods reduce testosterone, then what is the best way to keep testosterone intact while reducing body fat percentage?

Thanks for the help
    Dean
    Not true at all. Endurance training will make it tougher to bulk up, but it has nothing to do with test levels. And 2 miles is hardly endurance training anyway. I'm training for the Chicago Marathon (26.2 miles) and while I haven't added muscle this summer, I haven't lost any strength... even running 20 or 30 miles a week. Some natural testosterone boosters include eating the right diet with plenty of animal protein and fat, limiting soy, limiting alcohol, getting enough sleep.

What are your goals anyway?
    It's probably your diet.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi,

Thanks for the help
    Dean

As it is true that testosterone levels will drop from endurance runners (from what I have seen), they are elevated back to normal within a week. I do not know if this was tested in a fasted state, but either way your correlations are incorrect.

The nutritional aspect is going to be what is affecting your bf/muscle etc. This is just another case of people worrying about biological aspects they have no control over.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

bodykraft has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chicago-vince View Post
    Not true at all. Endurance training will make it tougher to bulk up, but it has nothing to do with test levels. And 2 miles is hardly endurance training anyway. I'm training for the Chicago Marathon (26.2 miles) and while I haven't added muscle this summer, I haven't lost any strength... even running 20 or 30 miles a week. Some natural testosterone boosters include eating the right diet with plenty of animal protein and fat, limiting soy, limiting alcohol, getting enough sleep.

Well i have managed to get body fat % from 24 to 19 within 3 months and want to still get it to 11%
    But side by side also want to bulk up

But from what you said, it seems like running will restrict me bulking up

Then what is the right way of losing body fat + bulking up? I am trying to reduce by say 1 pound of fat per week !

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Then what is the right way of losing body fat + bulking up? I am trying to reduce by say 1 pound of fat per week !
    Reducing bodyfat requires burning more calories than you eat, gaining muscle (or fat) requires eating more calories than you burn.

Unless you're obese (which at your current height and weight, you're not), you're going to have a hard time simultaneously reducing bodyfat while adding significant muscle.

You're better off concentrating on only one at a time.

m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by r_graz View Post
    Reducing bodyfat requires burning more calories than you eat, gaining muscle (or fat) requires eating more calories than you burn.

Unless you're obese (which at your current height and weight, you're not), you're going to have a hard time simultaneously reducing bodyfat while adding significant muscle.

You're better off concentrating on only one at a time.

eh, if you do zig zag dieting, you can def add mass. i feel that the better you understand nutrition (sports medicine, nutrition) the more you know how to tweak your body. HIGH PROTEIN!!!! moderate cabs for the running. id lift and then run afterwards.. but overall bulking and then cutting is the way most people go, b/c.... not that you dont have to think about/bulk or cut, smartly, but its easier to figure out i guess?? idrk, look up the zig zag diet OP.

Originally Posted by chicago-vince View Post

it is true, and it makes sense.. runners wanto stay lean and toned, and in reducing test levels, it does that.
    One reaps what they sow. Though the wicked may seem to prevail, the righteous one will be content in the work he has done to ensure those he touches were treated with the worth that every being has the right to receive.

I rep back.

4000 Cals, 17 pound/8 weeks and goin'.