Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)

Terracotta's Post Baby Journal

Hi old friends and new bb.com'ers

For those of you who don't know me, I'm terracotta. I've started weightlifting (seriously) in 2005 shortly after joining this website. I had a beautiful home gym, but moved last September and had to sell it. I also got pregnant, and gave birth in April. So I am in a completely different place now. Out of shape, and in bad need of exercise. I have to get down to 126 to be at my prepregnancy weight, but probably 120 to look the same (due to lost muscle).

I have very weak abs now. Where I could do 10 pushups, now I can't do any. I have trouble with girly pushups. I've started pilates at home, and I need a kick in the butt to do it regularly. It should be 3 times a week. And I'd also like to go on my elliptical twice a week. My daughter is napping regularly, so I have time now, I just have to make myself do it! I think journalling again will help tremendously.

For food, I am doing well. I have been losing 3 lbs a week with a good diet and breastfeeding, but I'd like to kick that up to 4 lbs if possible. Which means I NEED to exercise regularly. The diet is okay, except for one day on the weekend where I throw cheats in, and the odd italian ice (these are about 80 calories).

My daughter has problems with dairy in my diet, so I had to drop it, and I supplement with calcium pills and calcium orange juice. Cutting dairy is probably a major reason I have been losing 3 lbs a month just because it gets rid of a lot of my cheating foods - cereal, pizza, pancakes, ice cream, cheese. Cutting cheese out of my diet, definitely cut calories as it gets omitted from recipes.

I discovered today that chocolate soy milk is tasty. It is too bad they put calcium carbonate in it though. Calcium carbonate is in SO many things, drives me bonkers. Calcium citrate is 2.5 times more absorbable (sp?) than calcium carbonate.

My previous journal is here: Terracotta's journal, 2008 edition. In there, in the first post, there are links to 2 other previous journals.
    Last edited by terracotta; 07-25-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Tara... good to see a new journal from you! And that you and baby are doing well

I think 3-4lbs a month sounds great!!
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    July 25th, 2009

Exercise
    Elliptical, ride in park mode, level 3, 30 minutes, 180 kcal

Comments - broke a sweat, and Alexa woke up from her nap right afterwords. Good timing
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

annamaywilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You're back!

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    July 25th, 2009

Exercise
    Elliptical, ride in park mode, level 3, 30 minutes, 180 kcal

Comments - broke a sweat, and Alexa woke up from her nap right afterwords. Good timing
    Since I didn't know you before, I'll just say, "Yeah! You're back" in the sense that you're back with fitness after a baby, eh?

Good job working out. I love it when I am done before they wake up. My littlest is 15 months old. My trick is needing to get done before the 3 yr old is up because she asks tons of questions and I'm not very congenial when I'm lifting or sweatin' up a storm . I'm trying to coach her into understanding the rule to not talk to mommy when I'm exercising. It's just better all around if I'm done before she's up. It's fun when she joins in, though, doing cool tricks with the stability ball between when I need it.

I love the elliptical. Easy on my joints. I love doing a minute each of level 3, then 4 then 5 then back again for the duration of a workout. (Now I'm up to a 5, 6, 7!) I like that I'm getting stronger even if the fat isn't rolling off at 3 or 4 lbs a week .

Good job on the nutrition!

Thanks for your example and support!
    "It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line." (by ?)

Ah yes, 3 year olds are like that. I'm sure she's cute though.

Oh I LOVE my elliptical. I'm very happy with it. I use one of the interval programs on it, so it goes about 2-3 levels above what I choose (so if I put level 3, it goes 3-5 or 6). I really just have to get my butt on it more often though. Hopefully journalling will give me that push I need. I know it has helped tremendously in the past.

Today is going to be my lazy day I think. I have to cook for lunches too, and my daughter is currently sleeping, and doing dishes wakes her up, so I am trying to be quiet right now. She missed her earlier nap and is doing it late.

I have to do my pilates tomorrow, and time permitting, I should really try to go on the elliptical as well, but I'll see what happens.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome back!!

One of the scary things I think of when wanting to have a baby...the loss of muscle, change in body, less time to workout...
    How does that feel - like really feel? Does it cause you a lot of extra anguish or is it something you prepared for mentally?

Where are the baby pics??

Oops, I meant I was losing 3 lbs a month, not 3 lbs a week!

I knew I was losing muscle during the pregnancy, and I was somewhat upset about it then, but after Alexa was born, I care about it much less. I suppose, it is a good thing that I had been lifting before I got pregnant, as at least there was some muscle there to start with. If I had of been weightlifting during my pregnancy, I would not have lost that much muscle!

Anyways, I always thought the changes in my body - squishiness, stretch marks, etc would bother me but they don't really. I was lucky in terms of stretch marks though, they are all over my hips, but I don't have them on my belly. The worst change is the complete loss of abdominal strength which is what I am working on first with the pilates.

Looking at my daughter's face, seeing her smile, laugh, coo, etc all make any changes in my body trivial.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

31-26-36.

Mother of 3

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome back!

When I first started reading and saw 3-4 pounds a week I thought Terracotta has lost her mind!!!! Lol! Well, ok, new mom's do lose their minds but it came out as a typo rather than an insane weight loss

Sounds like you are doing great! Enjoy your daughter!

Frank_ie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand all too well the obstacles a new mom faces when trying to get back into shape.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and best of luck to you. Sounds like you know what you`re doing.

kimsim1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread.....I'm on this site a lot and your hotnfit site too. I read everything I can - trying to be smart and well educated about the EC stack I just started. I also just had a baby in March and I have a 2 yr old. Trying to find time to work out is sooooo hard. My pre-baby body is about 108 lbs. Currently I am down to about 120. I have lost close to 40 lbs since my baby was born March 10. My current work-out:

* work out about 3x/week
    * elliptical 35-45 min. on level 7-8 usually on the random setting
    * free weights and some machines (time permitting with my 2 boys in the gym nursery)
    * eat Special K breakfast; tuna at lunch (by itself or on wheat bread); usually fish or chicken for dinner

My abs are terrible and that used to be my asset! So depressing.....my arms used to also be ripped and very toned. 2 pregnancies back to back has really done in my abs and arms. That's my goal right now. And I had a c-sec., so not sure if any other work out moms out there have had a c-sec. too. The area just above the incision has a fold to it and I can not stand it. Would love to know how to get rid of it. I just started an EC (lots of great info on your site hotnfit)......started this AFTER breastfeeding. I'm only in my 2nd week and haven't noticed great results yet. I was a big fan of Ripped Fuel back in the day and had amazing results from it. Just a little info about me and glad to see this thread since I'm a new mom too trying to get my toned pre-baby body back.....

krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krissymoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Sub'd! Can't wait to see your progress! I have no kids, but my sis-in-law wants to get back in shape after her 4 (youngest a couple weeks old).

Good luck!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Welcome back!

When I first started reading and saw 3-4 pounds a week I thought Terracotta has lost her mind!!!! Lol! Well, ok, new mom's do lose their minds but it came out as a typo rather than an insane weight loss

Sounds like you are doing great! Enjoy your daughter!
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by Frank_ie View Post
    I understand all too well the obstacles a new mom faces when trying to get back into shape.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and best of luck to you. Sounds like you know what you`re doing.
    Hi and thank you!

Originally Posted by kimsim1 View Post
    Great thread.....I'm on this site a lot and your hotnfit site too. I read everything I can - trying to be smart and well educated about the EC stack I just started. I also just had a baby in March and I have a 2 yr old. Trying to find time to work out is sooooo hard. My pre-baby body is about 108 lbs. Currently I am down to about 120. I have lost close to 40 lbs since my baby was born March 10. My current work-out:

* work out about 3x/week
    * elliptical 35-45 min. on level 7-8 usually on the random setting
    * free weights and some machines (time permitting with my 2 boys in the gym nursery)
    * eat Special K breakfast; tuna at lunch (by itself or on wheat bread); usually fish or chicken for dinner

My abs are terrible and that used to be my asset! So depressing.....my arms used to also be ripped and very toned. 2 pregnancies back to back has really done in my abs and arms. That's my goal right now. And I had a c-sec., so not sure if any other work out moms out there have had a c-sec. too. The area just above the incision has a fold to it and I can not stand it. Would love to know how to get rid of it. I just started an EC (lots of great info on your site hotnfit)......started this AFTER breastfeeding. I'm only in my 2nd week and haven't noticed great results yet. I was a big fan of Ripped Fuel back in the day and had amazing results from it. Just a little info about me and glad to see this thread since I'm a new mom too trying to get my toned pre-baby body back.....
    I really hope you are eating more food than that! Going by your prepregnancy weight, I would recommend 1600 calories a day for fat loss. You sound like you are doing great with workouts and cardio.

Originally Posted by krissymoo View Post
    Sub'd! Can't wait to see your progress! I have no kids, but my sis-in-law wants to get back in shape after her 4 (youngest a couple weeks old).

Good luck!
    If your SIL needs help, encourage her to join bb.com!
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

July 28th, 2009

Exercise
    Elliptical, ride in park mode, level 3, 20 minutes, 120 kcal

Comments - I felt great after this workout. I really need to remind myself this when I am feeling blah and having a hard time getting started.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

kimsim1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    July 28th, 2009

Exercise
    Elliptical, ride in park mode, level 3, 20 minutes, 120 kcal

Comments - I felt great after this workout. I really need to remind myself this when I am feeling blah and having a hard time getting started.
    Way to go.....I did elliptical today too on random mode - need to try park as well. Did a couple of machines for my arms. Wish I could get a work out in everyday. I feel like I've hit a plateau - no changes the past couple of weeks as far as weight or good muscle tone back. Like you say, I always feel great too after working out.....

jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    Welcome back!!

One of the scary things I think of when wanting to have a baby...the loss of muscle, change in body, less time to workout...
    How does that feel - like really feel? Does it cause you a lot of extra anguish or is it something you prepared for mentally?

Where are the baby pics??
    I'll be honest...I am worried about this too. I think to myself "If I am not at my goals pre-baby, how will I get to my goals post baby"?

Great to see you are on track!! What an awesome example you are providing for your little baby.

July 29th, 2009

Exercise
    Elliptical, ride in park mode, level 3, 20 minutes, 123 kcal

Oh, I'm so glad I did this today! I put Alexa in her bouncy beside the machine, put my cardio music on, and she fell asleep. I think she likes watching me on the elliptical.

I HAVE to do my pilates tomorrow, I'm way behind on it.

Weigh-in
    131.5 lbs (the last weight was something like 133.4 lbs, so this is great!)
    Last edited by terracotta; 07-29-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Originally Posted by jackie423 View Post
    I'll be honest...I am worried about this too. I think to myself "If I am not at my goals pre-baby, how will I get to my goals post baby"?

Great to see you are on track!! What an awesome example you are providing for your little baby.
    Lots of people do it! There is never a point at which it is too late to start or pointless. Anyways, like I said, your perspective changes after you have a baby.

I want to be healthy, and I have to exercise to be healthy. Right now my heart rate goes up to 165 really easily during exercise and falls slowly. I really need the cardio as my heart is out of shape!

The last couple months of my pregnancy I could NOT walk anywhere (well for more than 5 minutes), my legs would swell horribly. I was up to 168 lbs. I lost a TON of water weight in the first month after giving birth. There was so much water weight that I was actually in shock when I saw my ankles again at their normal size. They just looked so tiny.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yay for tiny ankles - hehe.

Hope you have a good day!!

I did not have a good sleep last night and did not have a chance to nap today (it is rare that I do), so I did not exercise. I hope tonight is better.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GREAT to have you back journaling, Terra!!!

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

July 31th, 2009

Exercise
    Pilates, beginner exercises, 30 minutes (I'm using Brooke Siler - The Pilates Body. I like it)

I'm doing some modified beginner and some beginner and it is hard. I really have to do these consistently so I improve and can move on to more exercises.
    Last edited by terracotta; 07-31-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    GREAT to have you back journaling, Terra!!!

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Thanks
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Eats cheese for muscle SexyBack's Avatar
    SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey girl! welcome back!
    'Cause sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak
    And when you feel weak you feel like you want to just give up
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    And just pull that *** out of you and get motivation to not give up
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you want to just fall flat on your face and collapse.
    ~Eminem

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149493633

girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey girl, just wanted to say hello and great to see you back on here I remember reading about your pregnancy when I was already post partum with my son, now he is 21 months and I am preggo again, almost 10 weeks

August 4th, 2009

Exercise
    Pilates, beginner exercises, 15 minutes

Same routine as last time. Since I did not add any exercises and remembered how to perform them and did not have to read the long text descriptions, it took me half the time. My abs are really worn out from the hundred exercise. I can't do 100 breaths, I do two sets of 30. I really feel that the pilates is working and is helpful, I just have to be regular with it! And once a week is not regular enough.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Originally Posted by SexyBack View Post
    hey girl! welcome back!
    hi!

Originally Posted by girl22 View Post
    Hey girl, just wanted to say hello and great to see you back on here I remember reading about your pregnancy when I was already post partum with my son, now he is 21 months and I am preggo again, almost 10 weeks
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

August 8th, 2009
    (yesterday)

Exercise
    1 hour walk in park, 3 miles.

I'm really sore from this, it was a very hilly walk. I'm going to try to do it every weekend but I don't know how well it will work.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you walk with the stroller or solo??
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Do you walk with the stroller or solo??
    With the stroller but DH was pushing it! Alexa slept most of the way.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3