Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

More Stuff I've Learned On BB.Com

Here's a continuation of the stuff I've learned on this site:

* Deadlifts ARE NOT a good back exercise.

* If I'm at least 6', and weigh less than 150 pounds, I should start a thread asking how to "cut."

* Every 15 year-old kid who posts here can bench 275+, and squat 400.
    One can even do 55 reps @225.

* None of the posters in the item above happen to have a video camera, or a cell that can take vids, though.

* If I'm over 40, it's useless to try to add muscle.

I should just go somewhere, lie down, and wait to die.

* I must train to absolute, bone-crushing failure, on EVERY set.

* If I play Rugby, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* If I'm into bicycle riding, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* If I run 20-30 miles every week, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* There are some posters here whose legs are so massive, they need to post questions asking how to shrink those massive, troublesome legs.

* None of the posters in the item above happen have a digital camera, or a cell phone capable of taking a pic of said "too-massive legs."

* If I'm training 5 days a week, and not progressing, I need to train 6 days a week.

* If I'm already training 6 days a week, and not progressing, then I need to train 7 days a week.

* If I'm already training 7 days a week, and not progressing, I need to train twice a day, 7 days a week.

* BB.com is a great place to find out how to "tone."

* Anyone bigger/stronger than me is on AAS. There's NOT A CHANCE that he's
    1) more dedicated
    2) more knowledgeable
    3) more consistent in training, eating, and resting
    4) more genetically gifted.
    Nope; he's juicin'.

* Arms are the most important bodypart.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 10-07-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Overreach, rest, repeat.. stracin's Avatar
    stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    * There are some posters here whose legs are so massive, they need to post questions
    asking how to shrink those massive, troublesome legs.

lmao, this one got me.
    Bench: 355
    Squat: 415 (ATG)
    DL: 585

Total: 1355

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    That's my plan for the next training cycle.

For now I figure I'll just keep lifting, pointless though it may be.

Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000)

over 40 bs!

[QUOTE=ironwill2008;354280801]Here's a continuation of the stuff I've learned on this site:

I should just go somewhere, lie down, and wait to die."

Well, I haven't read all that stuff being relatively new to this website. BUT, being on the plus 40 side of life, I decided to quit wasting my time easing towards an early death, and getting back to living as its meant to be.

Thanks for the post!!!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't forget:
    - you have to eat vegetables and lean meat to gain weight!
    - you must do HIIT 3x a week when bulking...

00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 00gie_b00gie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh I know

*Discount everyone's opinions on BB.com that
    a) offers up scientific research and evidence to support their claims
    b) has a far better physique than you
    c) goes out of their way to make sure you understand something
    d) doesnt involve doing chest and biceps every workout

*How to call other people names and make fun of their input because they have less rep power or posts than that of another member

*Change up my routine every month or few weeks because "muscle memory" will plague any gains I am trying to get

*How to lift improperly with horrible technique and wonder why I am not seeing the gains I want

nf37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *20+ sets of bicep curls will get you ripped.

*rippetoes SS is the only program available to anyone for anything, but you must change it a bit by adding lots of bicep curls for size.

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another classic IW...

* If I'm at least 6', and weigh less than 150 pounds, I should start a thread asking
    how to "cut."
    Not necessarily a bad thing. These guys aren't always toned or ripped. Kind of dumb to start with a bulk if you have a beer belly.

LOL, most of the e-stats on here are bull****. I love those guys who jack up e-stats AND post pics that don't match up. I remember a 17yr old kid a month or so ago bragging (quite rudely too) about how he could bench 275lb for reps (funny how they always pick that number) and how hes 5'9" / 180lb @ 12% BF and you look at his pic and hes packing at most 13" arms. He couldn't have been more then 150lbs/160lbs.

* If I'm into bycycle riding, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* If I run 20-30 miles every week, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough
    already.
    Actually IW, this one is kinda true. I work with a guy who is really into bike riding and running, and he has no upper body to speak of, but he has big meaty turkey legs. It looks kind of silly when he wears tighter shirts because his upper body is so off compared to his lower body.

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nf37 View Post
    *20+ sets of bicep curls will get you ripped.

*rippetoes SS is the only program available to anyone for anything, but you must change it a bit by adding lots of bicep curls for size.
    Uh... Rippetoe SS is a program for adding general overall mass and building strength. It is not really an asthetic body building routine. Even Rippetoe himself suggests adding more direct arm work after a while. Not saying 20 sets of bicep curls, but at the very least chin ups.

nf37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SledgeHammer01 View Post
    Uh... Rippetoe SS is a program for adding general overall mass and building strength. It is not really an asthetic body building routine. Even Rippetoe himself suggests adding more direct arm work after a while. Not saying 20 sets of bicep curls, but at the very least chin ups.
    Not seeing the sarcasm?

Heres one I just learned today from a co-worker who sees me drinking protein shakes 2 times a day. I am really f'n serious... this is what he really thinks :

Drinking 2 protein shakes a day while not really lifting or doing cardio or changing your diet will magically get you to loose weight and get bigger.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Good stuff
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by nf37 View Post
    Not seeing the sarcasm?
    Wasn't the point of this thread to point out the STUPID **** people say? That one is not stupid at all. Rippetoe with zero additional arm work is not a very good idea. But thats going off topic .

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

* Deadlifts ARE NOT a good back exercise.

* If I'm at least 6', and weigh less than 150 pounds, I should start a thread asking
    how to "cut."

* None of the posters in the item above happen to have a video camera, or a cell that can
    take vids, though.

* I must train to absolute, bone-crushing failure, on EVERY set.

* If I play Rugby, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* If I'm into bycycle riding, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough already.

* If I run 20-30 miles every week, I don't need to train my legs; they're massive enough
    already.

* There are some posters here whose legs are so massive, they need to post questions
    asking how to shrink those massive, troublesome legs.

* None of the posters in the item above happen have a digital camera, or a cell phone
    capable of taking a pic of said "too-massive legs."

* If I'm training 5 days a week, and not progressing, I need to train 6 days a week.

* If I'm already training 6 days a week, and not progressing, then I need to train 7 days
    a week.

* If I'm already training 7 days a week, and not progressing, I need to train twice a day,
    7 days a week.

* BB.com is a great place to find out how to "tone."

* Anyone bigger/stronger than me is on AAS. There's NOT A CHANCE that he's
    1) more dedicated
    2) more knowledgeable
    3) more consistent in training, eating, and resting
    Nope; he's juicin'.

* Arms are the most important bodypart.

Right on the money!!

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have bad geneticz. Should I take muscle tech? Their products help me unleash my genetic potential.

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need to squat if you walk a lot.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112804051

Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boomtrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    * Squatting and deadlifting is dangerous

* If it's hard, may aswell not do it

hahahah ahhh lovin it mate
    "I'd rather be over-trained than under-trained" - Bruce Lee

Post-Birth abortion should be legalised!

Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    I have bad geneticz.
    Well, that would explain the goofy smile in your 2/14 pic. lol. .

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SledgeHammer01 View Post
    Well, that would explain the goofy smile in your 2/14 pic. lol. .
    Hahaha that's my monster face man. I never know what face to make for progress pics.

Ironwill, I make monster faces when I take my own picture. Do I still need to do legs?

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by r_graz View Post
    That's my plan for the next training cycle.
    Stop everything you are doing and find yourself a corner to die in.... NOW!

Yer hoggin' meh liftinz platfarm...

...and I need to do teh curlz.

... curling in teh pawer-rakz iz sooooooo ghey.

If I have to bail out on an extreme set of curlz, I can just drop teh bumperz
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    Stop everything you are doing and find yourself a corner to die in.... NOW!
    Your pic just reminded me of that song "Donald, where are your trousers?". Thanks a lot! It took me months to get that out of my head after they used it on Sarah Connor.

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5x5 is best for strength. lmfao.

Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    ... curling in teh pawer-rakz iz sooooooo ghey.
    I sawz a girl curling in teh power rak and I strangled her (no lyncho).

Originally Posted by IEatPowerRacks View Post
    5x5 is best for strength. lmfao.
    wut

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Classic stuff, Ironwill, and much appreciated levity at this time.

Other iconic phrases come to mind, such as:

---Show me the studies! When provided with references, the poster demands more studies which he disregards anyway...

---I'd show you pics of myself but I don't have a camera and my cell phone stopped working. (Guess I'm guilty of this, too!)

---I don't need to squat or do heavy leg work; my legs are too big already. (Oh, REALLY?).

---I'm a beginner. Will taking all these supps get me big? (Poster lists about thirty different supps which even the pros don't use).

---I hear squatting releases more test. Izzat true? (Why, why why?)

Finally, here's a hint to all who post and my personal rant: Learn how to spell and use proper grammar! How many times have I read a poster saying: "I have to loose weight" or "I don't know weather I can go or not" "Your going to burn out doing this" and so on. STOP MANGLING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!!!!! If English is not your native tongue, fine--all is forgiven. But there is NO reason for anyone who IS a native speaker to use incorrect spelling, run-on sentences, piss-poor grammar and the like. None. You don't have to sound like a Harvard professor, but please for the love of all that is holy and good, learn how to write correctly.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    lol, yeah speling

- how many different ways can you spell "Rippetoe"
    - how many different ways can you spell "Bicep" - there is no 't' silent or otherwise

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guy,

I no just what yew our talking about. Their our sum reel morons out their. Bare with it, their our good guys hear two!

GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    lol, yeah speling

- how many different ways can you spell "Rippetoe"
    - how many different ways can you spell "Bicep" - there is no 't' silent or otherwise
    1. It's Riptoes. Or Rippeltoes. Or something.
    2. It's spelled biceqs. The t is silent and the p is backwards.

Registered User OldSchoolLifter's Avatar
    OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Apparently some people do Smith Machine Lunges. This was a new one to me.

sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have done what I originally thought was impossible and cliffed 80% of the threads in the Workout Programs/Exercises/Teen forums all within one post! Does bb.com have you on payroll yet?

Registered User OldSchoolLifter's Avatar
    OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldSchoolLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let's not forget the "clean bulk".

All those idiotic bodybuilders all those years who used to alternate bulking (adding lots of muscle and some fat) cycles with cutting cycles, when all they had to do was clean bulk and add a bunch of muscle with not fat.