Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    deec73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just no energy....

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Im a 35 year old male, looking to lose weight and add muscle. Not looking to be a body builder, just wanting to get in the best shape possible.

That being said, I work out 4-5 days a week, doing an hour of cardio each day. My problem is some days I just dont have any energy. I mean its a struggle to do 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slow pace sometimes. For example this morning, I had a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake, made with 2 scoops of Whey and fat free skim milk. Also had 9 hours of sleep last night.

I understand sometimes you just have days like that, but is there anything else I can do to increase my energy for my workouts?

Thanks

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by deec73 View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first post here. Im a 35 year old male, looking to lose weight and add muscle. Not looking to be a body builder, just wanting to get in the best shape possible.

That being said, I work out 4-5 days a week, doing an hour of cardio each day. My problem is some days I just dont have any energy. I mean its a struggle to do 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slow pace sometimes. For example this morning, I had a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake, made with 2 scoops of Whey and fat free skim milk. Also had 9 hours of sleep last night.

I understand sometimes you just have days like that, but is there anything else I can do to increase my energy for my workouts?

Thanks
    Yes, make sure you're getting enough healthy fats in your diet. They're crucial for fat loss and keeping up your energy.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) satirical4irus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks

Hi.

I usually drink a cup of coffee, or maybe some Green Tea.

Sometimes I take a supplement called Taurine, that definitely gets me going a little bit too.

Take care.
    Last edited by satirical4irus; 07-02-2009 at 03:21 PM.

tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I ran, and ran...then ran some more. I felt more fatigued every day. It just depleted my energy storage. I am by no means a body builder but definitely trying to transform my body to a leaner, firmer, me and can tell you that my energy level has gone through the roof when I started lifting. I am only telling you this because you didnt mention weight training at all.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would incorporate weight lifting into your program. Running alone without weights will drop weight but you'll lose a lot of muscle with the fat.

Assuming you get all your ducks in a row and have a solid diet and workout program, if you're still tired on some days: listen to your body. I can't tell you how much you need to train before you overwork yourself.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Originally Posted by tammy_girl View Post
    I ran, and ran...then ran some more. I felt more fatigued every day. It just depleted my energy storage. I am by no means a body builder but definitely trying to transform my body to a leaner, firmer, me and can tell you that my energy level has gone through the roof when I started lifting. I am only telling you this because you didnt mention weight training at all.
    Im sorry, I should have been more specific. I just started back working out a month ago. I had a routine where I work upper body one day, lower body the next. Its basically exercises on life fitness machines at Gold's gym.

For upper body days, I do the seated bench press, incline bench press, delts/pecs machine, pull downs, seated rows, rope pull downs for triceps, and bicep curls. I do 3 sets of 12 at a lighter weight trying to burn out the muscle at the 11th or 12th rep.

On lower body days, I do leg press, leg curls where your bring your feet up, then the leg curls where you pull the weight down, working the hamstrings, then another hamstring machine where you pull your feet back toward your butt, then a few calf exercises.

After the workouts, I go into the cardio room and do an hour combined on the eliptical, treadmill, and recumbant exercise bike.

My problem is when I get to the cardio room sometimes I just have NOOOOO energy. Some days I complete the hour fine, but some days I struggle to get 20 mins.

tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tammy_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im sorry, I should have been more specific. I just started back working out a month ago. I had a routine where I work upper body one day, lower body the next. Its basically exercises on life fitness machines at Gold's gym.

For upper body days, I do the seated bench press, incline bench press, delts/pecs machine, pull downs, seated rows, rope pull downs for triceps, and bicep curls. I do 3 sets of 12 at a lighter weight trying to burn out the muscle at the 11th or 12th rep.

On lower body days, I do leg press, leg curls where your bring your feet up, then the leg curls where you pull the weight down, working the hamstrings, then another hamstring machine where you pull your feet back toward your butt, then a few calf exercises.

After the workouts, I go into the cardio room and do an hour combined on the eliptical, treadmill, and recumbant exercise bike.

My problem is when I get to the cardio room sometimes I just have NOOOOO energy. Some days I complete the hour fine, but some days I struggle to get 20 mins.
    I am nobody to be giving advice. So take it for what its worth. I am only attempting to help because you sound a lot like what I went through.

All my fatigue and stamina problems were solved when I got my diet right.
    5 meals a day.
    Breakfast!!! I used to skip it.
    Gallons of water.
    Cheat day (1500 calories/day to 2500 on cheat day) I am trying to lose weight/BF also

When I got it right, started eating cleaner, I felt great. I used to have Fibromyalgia, but I dont anymore. I had fibro because I was fat and lazy. Thats all I know to do, and make sure your not overtaxing your body.

phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Yes, make sure you're getting enough healthy fats in your diet. They're crucial for fat loss and keeping up your energy.

Good luck.
    Originally Posted by satirical4irus View Post
    Hi.

I usually drink a cup of coffee, or maybe some Green Tea.

Sometimes I take a supplement called Taurine, that definitely gets me going a little bit too.

Take care.

/\ These, I think /\
    A little 5 hour energy before workouts doesn't really hurt (if you're not a coffee fiend that is - otherwise, it might).

Your problem might also be motivational, possibly. If you're just not into it, you'll feel tired as heck. Try some creative visualization maybe - remember your goals, visualize yourself 2 months from now. Think how cool that would be. The motivation gets easier once you actually start seeing results in your body. Nothing on earth psyches you up like realizing you can change your physical appearance and seeing it happen for real.
    Using dry rotted rubber bands for tendons..

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is your only problem with the cardio? If it is why dont you set aside days to do your cardio. See how that works. You may just be pooped from your workout. Are you taking an intra workout drink like sizeon, Purple wrath, extend?

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    you're killing yourself !
    Why you say that? What should I do different?

Thanks for the other advice and comments so far as well. TammyGirl, you look amazing.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    looking to lose weight and add muscle. Not looking to be a body builder, just wanting to get in the best shape possible.
    If that's not every bodybuilders goal I don't know what is.

Why you say that? What should I do different?
    Diet. You should be able to accomplish your goals with a proper diet and less cardio.
    1 hour is way too much especially if you want add muscle. Unless you are trying to get into single digit BF keep the cardio to 20 minutes if at all.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im sorry, I should have been more specific. I just started back working out a month ago. I had a routine where I work upper body one day, lower body the next. Its basically exercises on life fitness machines at Gold's gym. [...]

My problem is when I get to the cardio room sometimes I just have NOOOOO energy.
    No wonder.

Alternate weights days with cardio days. Three sessions a week each, one day off entirely.

A month ago I did lifting four or five days in a row, and I dropped out on a warm-up set for bench. I was just exhausted, is what it comes down to.

Weights three days, cardio three days. You'll put more into each session, and get more out of them. Worked for me.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    like the above poster said...

20 minutes of more intense cardio, combined with constant small meals throughout the day...

60 minutes of cardio x4 kind of indicates you're being impatient with the process...
    Ya im very impatient. You guys/gals know what you're talking about. Another poster said I might not be motivated and that causes lack of energy too. I agree to that. Even though I really want to succeed in my goals, those scales will really make or break your motivation.

Have any of you ever took Bronkaid to help with energy? I had a guy tell me to take that along with some sort of caffine before I worked out and it would give me a energy boost because it has ephedra in it.

Is there any truth to this?

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thanks
    I know you say you don't wanna be a body builder, but I still think you should train as if you are trying to. By that, I mean you go into the gym and bust your ass. Lift heavy and hard. Stop all that cardio nonsense for now(an if you insist on doing it, an hour is still too much). Find a good, solid lifting plan to get yourself started (I will link a solid one below) and stick to it for at least 3 months before even thinking about changing to something else. But, here is the important part, you need to go at it in such a way that, as you look around the gym, you are sure you are working as hard if not harder than everyone else in the gym. Getting fat and out of shape, we did this to ourselves by being lazy. We will not get ourselves out of it doing the minimum effort program at the gym. I do not mean to make you think you have to lift as much weight as those guys do, but your effort should surpass or be on par with theirs.

Here is a good starting program by Allpro:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personaly.. I find it really hard to beleive that cardio can be that detremental to muscle gain.I wouldn't back down on the cardio.

I was working out with a 5 day lift routine and 2 hrs cardio a day until recently, it just got to be to much and not enough rest time. I got tired and out of energy and needed a change.

I switched off to a 3 day ( in my case every other day) routine and dropped to 30 min cardio and ate my max calories and on the off lift day I do 2 hrs on the stationaly bike in 1 hr intervals and eat about 400-500 cals less.

The off lift days gave me plenty of rest and I feel much better and have more energy. Instead of looking at I "have to" go to the gym I now look "foward" going to the gym.

JMO
    9-26-08 407 lbs
    5-25-09 315 lbs
    5-26-09 313 lbs
    5-10-09 310 lbs
    6-21-09 308 lbs
    6-26-09 306 lbs
    6-30-09 305 lbs
    7-13-09 298 lbs
    9-15-09 295 lbs

112 lbs total loss

Goal weight = 230 lbs

" There are no victims only volunteers"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    Diet. You should be able to accomplish your goals with a proper diet and less cardio.
    1 hour is way too much especially if you want add muscle. Unless you are trying to get into single digit BF keep the cardio to 20 minutes if at all.

^^^^This. You're doing way too much cardio. At the rate you're going, you're headed for either an injury or an illness; you're grinding yourself into dust.

A better route for you would be a full-body weight training routine, three times a week, with 20-30 minutes of cardio, on 3 non-weight lifting days.

Have any of you ever took Bronkaid to help with energy? I had a guy tell me to take that along with some sort of caffine before I worked out and it would give me a energy boost because it has ephedra in it.

Don't mess with anything like this. Even if it does work, you'll only be boosting your energy level artificially, and you'll just have to pay it back later, with worse consequences. Limit your pre-workout booster to a cup of coffee.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Broncaid is 5mg of ephedrine and some other stuff, while it will give you a boost especially if taken with caffeine.... it works as in a quick boost not as a long term energy source
    before trying anything like that, rest and diet should be checked..

I have taken both together when I needed to stay awake like in long trip... no dooze and a broncaid pill will keep you up and alert for quite sometime but damn there is a crash after it's effect is done
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 07-02-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks
    yeah cut your cardio eat more and get some sleep
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Thanks for the input guys.

is epalhs spelt backward shlape's Avatar
    shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ...doing an hour of cardio each day.
    Unless I missed it, you didn't mention the effort put in to your cardio session. Is it a casual pace or are you going all out with sweat pouring off you and lungs almost burning. Either way, weights plus 1 hr cardio appears excessive.

As a suggestion, have you ever heard of 'zone training' for your cardio?

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not looking to be a body builder, just wanting to get in the best shape possible.

how many times....how many times..........

OP: just what do you mean, specifically by " I don't want to look like a bodybuilder"??

by a bodybuilder, do you mean, a Mr. Olympia type body???

hell: those of us who would WANT to look like that are not, despite all of our efforts, so what makes you think by doing this or that, you will?

could you clarify...thank you.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    how many times....how many times..........

OP: just what do you mean, specifically by " I don't want to look like a bodybuilder"??

by a bodybuilder, do you mean, a Mr. Olympia type body???

hell: those of us who would WANT to look like that are not, despite all of our efforts, so what makes you think by doing this or that, you will?

could you clarify...thank you.

To me, a body builder is someone like Arnold or Lou Ferrigno back in the day... I dont care to be that "built"...

Originally Posted by shlape View Post
    Unless I missed it, you didn't mention the effort put in to your cardio session. Is it a casual pace or are you going all out with sweat pouring off you and lungs almost burning. Either way, weights plus 1 hr cardio appears excessive.

As a suggestion, have you ever heard of 'zone training' for your cardio?

An hour of cardio for me isnt "pace" or "sweat" related but moreso heart rate. I do zone training where I keep my heart rate between 65% and 80% and most of the time it gets higher than 80% even at slower paces. I do leave with a soaked shirt every day, lol.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

In an effort to save Gargani monitors from being punched out, I'd like to ask you to reconsider your decision about not looking to be a bodybuilder. Who knows, it could even help with your energy crisis...

Thanks in advance!
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To me, a body builder is someone like Arnold or Lou Ferrigno back in the day... I dont care to be that "built"...

and IF you "cared", you could attain it???

oh my.......

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Out of curiosity....
    How and how long do you think it would actually take to become a "bodybuilder" then?

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the Op I can't believe it has taken this long for someone to say this but at least 80% of your results is DIET! What you put in your mouth and when. Look through the pages here and you will see people that have been living this lifestyle for YEARS and they haven't turned into Arnold or Lou!

Follow what Ntrllftr said. Eff the cardio and get your eating right. Get away from the machines!!!.

I would also suggest using your eyes and ears at the gym. Critique here what you have seen. Here is a simple program to get you rolling but spend alot more time learning what you should be putting in your mouth. http://doubleyourgains.com/doubleyou...aining-program Read here daily. Picture your dream body and live it every day and you will become the person you see...whoever that is.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    Out of curiosity....
    How and how long do you think it would actually take to become a "bodybuilder" then?

For the sake of playing devil's advocate...if you take the term "bodybuilder" literally, then the answer to this is a very short amount of time...ergo, anything that increases cellular development in the body is "bodybuilding" by definition. Sadly, this includes those people running around with pizzas and stuffing them into the gaping maws of people whose weight standard commercial couches cannot support. Yes, theoretically, however long it takes to convert that pack of Ring Dings into more cells (probably fat) is how long it actually takes to become a "bodybuilder"...

Maybe we should come up with a more specific term to narrow the focus, since generally people think anyone who goes into a gym at all is a "bodybuilder", even if a lot of those people are "bodymaintainers" or "bodyreducers"...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    For the sake of playing devil's advocate...if you take the term "bodybuilder" literally, then the answer to this is a very short amount of time...ergo, anything that increases cellular development in the body is "bodybuilding" by definition. Sadly, this includes those people running around with pizzas and stuffing them into the gaping maws of people whose weight standard commercial couches cannot support. Yes, theoretically, however long it takes to convert that pack of Ring Dings into more cells (probably fat) is how long it actually takes to become a "bodybuilder"...

Maybe we should come up with a more specific term to narrow the focus, since generally people think anyone who goes into a gym at all is a "bodybuilder", even if a lot of those people are "bodymaintainers" or "bodyreducers"...
    Man yer 2 smart for me. my brain hurts now.
    Are you an engineer or sumthin?

Yes, it is a very "loose" term I guess.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-