afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy Concern with Body Building's Stainless Steel Bottles

I'm pretty sure everyone's noticed that stainless steel bottles have become pretty popular since the scare of degrading plastic in peoples Aquifina, Dasani etc., plastic water bottles.

I should mention that I am aware that the evidence that these bottle's degrading plastic isn't entirely reliable information, and they are pretty much, safe to reuse.

In my last order from BB.com, I chose to get a Free BB stainless steel bottle. I made the switch today; however to my surprise I was really unimpressed with my bottles quality. The threads on the plastic cap get worn down almost immediately after their first use. I noticed this right at the end of my workout, when I poured water out of the bottle, into another cup containing my creatine. The cup filled with water, and bits of floating black plastic.

I made sure to check that I wasn't placing the cap on against the threads, to wear down the plastic. I'm also certain that my creatine didn't already contain black plastic, as I am able to reproduce the plastic from the threads in other cups. I should also mention that I did wash the bottle and the cap before use.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread. However my suggestion to BB.com would be to pull the item, or re-evaluate the safety of the caps. I'd believe most people would get the stainless steel bottle because they were under the impression they would be a safer storage item, and not have to deal with the possibility of degrading plastic in their beverage.

afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000) afranczyk is just really nice. (+1000)
    If anyone is willing to confirm my results. Take a bottle, unscrew the top, poor water in. screw the cap back on, and off again, and poor the water from inside the cup into a glass.

Post your results.

bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should really discuss this with bb.com and/or a rep. You can chat with them live if your bottle did not meet your satisfaction.

As for all stainless steel bottles, they are not all created equal.
    "To be honest with you, I normally beat guys with my C game and I don't have to pull my A or B game out." - Floyd Money Mayweather

"Closed mouth dont get fed"

TWITTER: KingBman13 | TEAM TRANSFORMATION OVERDRIVE | Soon to be CPAP Killer |

Originally Posted by bman2380 View Post
    As for all stainless steel bottles, they are not all created equal.
    There not all created equal? Hard to believe.

Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000) Pho3NiX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by afranczyk View Post
    There not all created equal? Hard to believe.
    why is ti hard to beleive ?

Quality control and consistency is one of the most expensive part of manifacturing...

Thus it's also some of what is missing in lower cost things.

For many product, it cost less to exchange if broken than to be sure all will be perfect

BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BasRutten is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

ive had the same experience im not a fan of there stainless bottle but it is a free gift and if you put in regular orders aka every 2 months or so just wait until next time and get a t shirt or something else instead, chalk it up to living life or just get a hold of bb.com and they will send you something else

Originally Posted by Pho3NiX View Post
    why is ti hard to beleive ?

Quality control and consistency is one of the most expensive part of manifacturing...

Thus it's also some of what is missing in lower cost things.

For many product, it cost less to exchange if broken than to be sure all will be perfect
    There is going to be a certain mean of consistency in the plastic used to manufacture the lid. I'm pretty sure that mean isn't between ****ty quality and just right.

Originally Posted by BasRutten View Post
    ive had the same experience im not a fan of there stainless bottle but it is a free gift and if you put in regular orders aka every 2 months or so just wait until next time and get a t shirt or something else instead, chalk it up to living life or just get a hold of bb.com and they will send you something else
    This is true. However my post was of concern. There are going to be people who pick this free product and not notice the consequences.

bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by afranczyk View Post
    This is true. However my post was of concern. There are going to be people who pick this free product and not notice the consequences.

Glass bottles > all.

bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bazzi View Post
    Glass bottles > all.
    Tell that to the floor when it drops
    "To be honest with you, I normally beat guys with my C game and I don't have to pull my A or B game out." - Floyd Money Mayweather

"Closed mouth dont get fed"

TWITTER: KingBman13 | TEAM TRANSFORMATION OVERDRIVE | Soon to be CPAP Killer |

bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by bman2380 View Post
    Tell that to the floor when it drops
    Heh I dont know. The ones i use are pretty thick and strong. Great for refilling I picked them up when I noticed plastic floating in my re-used watter bottle. They hold 1 liter, and would literally have to be dropped from over 6 feet onto concrete before smashing.

I think they are great. In the case one does fall and break. Ill just let one of the staff know and continue my workout . And get another one for the next day.

They are only like 5 bucks, and since my fridge has a filtered water dispenser I've already saved enough to drop and break 10 of them going from 10 cases of water a month to 1. Plus im not very clumsy so I still have the originals .