BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BloodReign1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you do your squats for reps?

Say if you have to do five reps of squats. Do you rest between each rep just holding the bar on your back for a second or two, do all reps without stopping to rest, or rest on some reps and not others due to failing earlier if you did not rest.

Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000) Mudkip is just really nice. (+1000)
    i do mines like this

1st = accelerated set no pause.. explode as fast as possible
    2nd = accelerated set no pause.. explode as fast as possible
    3rd = failure set pausing allowed
    i rep back

^________________^ ;D :) ;) ;)

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    depends on the % im using

i am doing 5x5 now, so on monday i work up to a 5rm, it goes something like this

3) 248*5 : dont pause, breathe 1/2x
    4) 292*5 : slight pause, breathe in 3x
    5) 325*5 (100%): pause, reset and get my air every rep

although i would think it varies a lot for every individual
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well I'm doing 20 rep sqauts at the moment so the first 10 reps fast no stopping next five slight pause at top, the final 5 I do with pause at top.

For 5x5 the first few sets were relatively light so I'd just do them without pause the last two sets I'd ensure I paused at the top and concentrated on getting my form perfect.
    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good question!

For what it's worth, when I do a 5x5 progression I

a.) follow a 5x5 calculator on joeskopic.com (under the stickies) for weight progression
    b.) I do the following, more or less:
    set 1.) pause only long enough to stop the bar and register it in my mind as under control and locked out
    2.) same as 1
    3.) same
    4.)Pause for a second or two after the bar is controlled.
    5.) I try to limit the pauses, but they end up being 3-5 seconds between the 3rd, 4th, and last reps.

Pretty much as it gets heavier I have to spend more time to recover between reps.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124348591

Musclespeed rocks!

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    sets of five, for me, are five sinlges.... except i don't rack between each . Powerlifting is about singles

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    My heavy reps look like singles...I need those extra 2-3 seconds to gain back some concentration and keep my form tight.

robocop123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robocop123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My last 5 heavier reps are done individualy with a full breathe.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BloodReign1 View Post
    Say if you have to do five reps of squats. Do you rest between each rep just holding the bar on your back for a second or two, do all reps without stopping to rest, or rest on some reps and not others due to failing earlier if you did not rest.
    It depends on how many reps I am doing .. now with the 5x5 I am doing the closer I get to my 5rm weight the longer the pause but still no more than 3-4 seconds even at my 3RM..
    if I do 10+ reps usually means I am using lighter weight so I speed it up
    and only need extra (breathing) time on the last 2-3 reps
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 04-03-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKasab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do sets of five with an oxegen mask on. Those warmups can be a bitch!

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ill rest and catch my breath for up to 8 seconds sometimes when i do heavy doubles and triples
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

A tree with a thin trunk can only make branches so big -me

Won 1st place at my first powerlifting comp!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!1

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Thaigga View Post
    ill rest and catch my breath for up to 8 seconds sometimes when i do heavy doubles and triples
    .... uh, where the hell have you been?
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not