Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Prepareing for my 1st competition!

On Dec. 31st of 08 my husband and I celebrated of 12th year of marrige. We were attending a New Years party where we take ballroom dance lessons when our dance instuctor approched me and asked if I had ever considered entering a figure competition. Knowing that he meant it respectfully (not like one of those creepy guys who walks up out of nowhere in a parking lot and says "here's my card, call if you want to do some modeling") I asked him what he knew about that sort of thing. He couldn't tell me much but it was enough to make me feel good that he thought I could do it. Now before I go on let me say loud and clear, I am not an attention hound. I don't like to draw a crowd. I prefer the attention that I get from my husband, Mark. I say that to say this, I use this website strictly as a way to improve my body for me. Mark, of course wanting to build my confidence, began encouraging me. Almost to the point of irritation I might add. Well I finally said I would enter.
    Moving right along. I will begin my focused competition training on monday. That means new diet, new workout and ,gulp, learning how to pose, selecting a suit, getting up in front of people in that suit...aaakk (just breath Brandie, deep even breathes) and all of the other details that I am not even aware of. Mark has contacted someone who has compeated locally. She gave him the name of someone else who has alot of excperience. And maybe that will help.There is so much that I don't know so here is my question... What is your specific advice? Any advice is welcome but the more specific the better. Thanks in advance for your help and encouragement.

Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keramich21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Makaitibubrn View Post
    On Dec. 31st of 08 my husband and I celebrated of 12th year of marrige. We were attending a New Years party where we take ballroom dance lessons when our dance instuctor approched me and asked if I had ever considered entering a figure competition. Knowing that he meant it respectfully (not like one of those creepy guys who walks up out of nowhere in a parking lot and says "here's my card, call if you want to do some modeling") I asked him what he knew about that sort of thing. He couldn't tell me much but it was enough to make me feel good that he thought I could do it. Now before I go on let me say loud and clear, I am not an attention hound. I don't like to draw a crowd. I prefer the attention that I get from my husband, Mark. I say that to say this, I use this website strictly as a way to improve my body for me. Mark, of course wanting to build my confidence, began encouraging me. Almost to the point of irritation I might add. Well I finally said I would enter.
    Moving right along. I will begin my focused competition training on monday. That means new diet, new workout and ,gulp, learning how to pose, selecting a suit, getting up in front of people in that suit...aaakk (just breath Brandie, deep even breathes) and all of the other details that I am not even aware of. Mark has contacted someone who has compeated locally. She gave him the name of someone else who has alot of excperience. And maybe that will help.There is so much that I don't know so here is my question... What is your specific advice? Any advice is welcome but the more specific the better. Thanks in advance for your help and encouragement.

Hey Brandie!

Congratulations on your decision to compete! I'll go ahead and give my advice and you can take it however you wish

1 - HIRE A PREP COACH!!! This will be so helpful in so many ways. You basically will be giving your prep in the hands of someone else who has an unbiased opinion and who will give you guidance every step of the way...everything including diet, cardio, where you should be as far as training...and anything else you can think of. It takes a lot of guess work out of contest prep ESPECIALLY WHEN PREPARING FOR YOUR FIRST SHOW!!! Let me give you a few recommendations...

Layne Norton - www.biolayne.com (he is my prep coach and he lead me to my pro card)
    Derek @ Team Scivation - www.scivation.com (they are an awesome supplement company that will give you very straight cut diets and supplement recomendations)
    Tommy Jeffers - sporto4323@yahoo.com (this is my boyfriend but he does offseason and contest prep as well)

I have personal relationships with all three of these people and I wouldnt go anywhere else

2 - GO TO SHOWS!! I fall in love with the sport more and more with each show I attend. It will give you a good sense of how they are run...what to expect...and it will also give you GREAT MOTIVATION!!

3 - Really research different organizations when deciding where to compete. My best advice is to find the best fit for your "body type" (For Example: I will never compete in the NPC because I dont have the "look" that they want...However I do have the look for the OCB/NANBF so thats why I did shows with them last year)

I have a million other things that I could tell you but this should be a good start If you have wny questions along the way please dont hesitate to ask or send me a PM..I am happy to help

Good luck to you hon!!

Kera
    Kera Jeffers:)

TEAM JEFFERS (the one who keeps Tommy in line!)

MEMBER TEAM NORTON! (aka. "delts")

WNBF FIGURE PRO

SPORTO'S OTHER HALF :)

~TEAM SCIVATION ATHLETE~
    www.scivation.com

~SUITS BY AMY ~
    www.posingwear.com

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Keramich21 View Post
    Hey Brandie!

Congratulations on your decision to compete! I'll go ahead and give my advice and you can take it however you wish

1 - HIRE A PREP COACH!!! This will be so helpful in so many ways. You basically will be giving your prep in the hands of someone else who has an unbiased opinion and who will give you guidance every step of the way...everything including diet, cardio, where you should be as far as training...and anything else you can think of. It takes a lot of guess work out of contest prep ESPECIALLY WHEN PREPARING FOR YOUR FIRST SHOW!!! Let me give you a few recommendations...

Layne Norton - www.biolayne.com (he is my prep coach and he lead me to my pro card)
    Derek @ Team Scivation - www.scivation.com (they are an awesome supplement company that will give you very straight cut diets and supplement recomendations)
    Tommy Jeffers - sporto4323@yahoo.com (this is my boyfriend but he does offseason and contest prep as well)

I have personal relationships with all three of these people and I wouldnt go anywhere else

2 - GO TO SHOWS!! I fall in love with the sport more and more with each show I attend. It will give you a good sense of how they are run...what to expect...and it will also give you GREAT MOTIVATION!!

3 - Really research different organizations when deciding where to compete. My best advice is to find the best fit for your "body type" (For Example: I will never compete in the NPC because I dont have the "look" that they want...However I do have the look for the OCB/NANBF so thats why I did shows with them last year)

I have a million other things that I could tell you but this should be a good start If you have wny questions along the way please dont hesitate to ask or send me a PM..I am happy to help

Good luck to you hon!!

Kera
    That was an excellent post! Congratulations as well and good-luck to you

sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sueljo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome Brandie and fellow Texan.

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome aboard and congrats on your decision to compete.

There is nothing in the world like it, and you are definitely in the right place.

Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Keramich21 View Post
    Hey Brandie!

Good luck to you hon!!

Kera
    Thanks for your wonderful input. Wanted to let you know that I met with my personal trainer yesterday. We took measurements, bodyfat % and laid out the training schedule. My husband will be posting more pictures as we get them so watch for those, maybe thru the pictures you will be able to give some advice. Since this will be my first competition season I'm not real sure which org. to work thru. I had decided to compete in aba/inba because of the dates and location of some of the shows. I am just getting my feet wet anyhow so whatever the results this will be a great start for me. March 29th is the West Texas Classic in Lubbock, Texas. I live in Lubbock. I am not competing but I am going to watch. Please keep in touch as you see my progress. Thanks, Brandie