b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Dress to Impress. Clothing Discussion.

You guys think it matters? There's the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" but I think in realy life, the opposite happens. I'm usually decked out in Under armour-pants,spandex shirt,jacket, sometimes a hat. I also have 3 pairs of shoes that match the different under armour shirt I wear, and I only wear them on the job haha.

Discuss.
    Last edited by b~rad; 11-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even though I have my own independent business, the gym I work at has a uniform to theres not really any issue with that.

I just make sure what i wear fits me well and isnt tight so it looks like i;m showing off as it can give off the wrong message.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your clothing is simply a part of your physical appearance, the importance of which has been discussed many times before.

Yes, it matters. Looking good helps a lot.

You should measure your shoulder circumf and add it to your profile
    (hope that doesn't sound gay lol, this is a bb board after all)
    Last edited by Al Shades; 11-11-2008 at 10:08 PM.

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Al Shades View Post
    Your clothing is simply a part of your physical appearance, the importance of which has been discussed many times before.

Yes, it matters. Looking good helps a lot.

You should measure your shoulder circumf and add it to your profile
    (hope that doesn't sound gay lol, this is a bb board after all)
    i completely agree, and I think most do. I'm just wondering everyone's style of clothes. As for the shoulder measurement, why do you ask?
    STRONGMAN Competitor

Deadlift-585
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah if you dont look good then clients really dont want you and thats why its tough for me because i work so god damn much that after i shave my beard is back within like a week or two. it really really blows because i can get people the results they want but then at the same time they go with the resident meathead or the resident toughguy because they don't understand that getting in shape doesn't necessarily mean having to work with the guy who is buldging out of his smedium shirt. :P
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by b~rad View Post
    i completely agree, and I think most do. I'm just wondering everyone's style of clothes. As for the shoulder measurement, why do you ask?
    Just curious, because it's missing from your profile.

I'll have to measure sometime. My chest is about 42 1/4 now, so im guessing my shoulders are around 47-48 maybe
    STRONGMAN Competitor

Deadlift-585
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

Deadlifts make you grow mrgeecue's Avatar
    mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd say what you wear totally makes a difference in acquiring business. if you look good...look fit you're more likely to get clients than someone who wears baggy clothes or sweaters where it's hard to say if theyre fit or not.

image is everything

it's the same with clients. if you have potential clients that walk in, you look at what they're wearing. It'll give you an idea of how confident they are with their body.

If they show a lot of skin, then you can assume theyre comfortable about their body and then you can zone in just showing them cool flashy workouts. But if theyre covered up wearing baggy sweats and sweaters then you can assume they're not so comfortable and you'd have to adjust your way of speaking to be more empathetic and try to make them feel comfortable right off the bat.

so i'd say definitely think about what you wear in the gym when it comes to getting clients

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by b~rad View Post
    There's the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" but I think in realy life, the opposite happens Discuss.
    You hit this right on buddy - that's EXACTLY what people do -

I wrote an article a while back on fit-pro about the success image, and clothing is obviously a major part of this:
    http://www.fit-pro.com/ME2/dirmod.as...ABD77FD2DB5C97
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your jacked, shouldn't be too hard getting clients unless maybe you look too intimidating. Most younger guys want a hot chick as their personal trainer anyways.