Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One bodypart per day *urgent*

So here is the story guys. I'm getting a new job and starting a new school so change is happening in such a short time. This week I'm going to stick to my old workout program to kinda feel out time restrictions and school. But basically I want to switch to one part per day to kinda fit working out into my crazy schedule.

I was thinking something like this:

Monday: Chest, ab's
    Tueday: Legs
    Wednesday: Back, ab's
    Thursday: arms (bi's and tri's)
    Friday: Shoulders and forearms, ab's

I"m cutting currently so cardio will be done 4-5 times a week.
    "It is in human nature to relax, when not compelled by personal advantage or disadvantage."

--Goal--
    Long term goal: 6-7%

Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This would be better:

Chest
    Legs/abs
    Back
    Shoulders
    Arms
    Welcome to thunder dome, bitch.

Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the quick response! lam not used to doing one per day so how many exercises do you think is needed per body part? I'm thinking 4-5 different workouts ?
    "It is in human nature to relax, when not compelled by personal advantage or disadvantage."

--Goal--

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How much time do you have to lift every day? If you have an hour, do a 3 day split of 5x5.

Originally Posted by rush33 View Post
    How much time do you have to lift every day? If you have an hour, do a 3 day split of 5x5.
    Well I'm unsure of that yet this week I'll figure out how much time I have and whatnot.

--Goal--

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    EPI: you said one bodypart per workout, right....per week...

so what is with the 3 abs workouts each week in this program???

chill on the ab work.......abs are mostly from fat levels of the body and I'm willing to be that you have very low levels right now.....

concentrate on building your other muscles......

locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey buddy heads up split the legs and back up more. its alittle tough on the back to being doing squats one day and then back the next day. I guess its better to do legs first then back rather then back then legs.

You really want the back rested before you start big lifts again! right on good luck!

Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! lam not used to doing one per day so how many exercises do you think is needed per body part? I'm thinking 4-5 different workouts ?
    Depends on the body part of course. 3-4 exercises for chest is fine, 4-6 for legs, 4 for back, 3-4 for shoulders, 3 for biceps, 3 for triceps.

This is just general, but should be a good place to start. Remember since you are doing one body part one time a week, you need to be as intense as possible with your workouts, more volume doesn't equate to better results necessarily (unless you are talking legs, legs almost always respond better to high volume).

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    EPI: you said one bodypart per workout, right....per week...

so what is with the 3 abs workouts each week in this program???

chill on the ab work.......abs are mostly from fat levels of the body and I'm willing to be that you have very low levels right now.....

concentrate on building your other muscles......
    I definitely agree with this, I see a lot of people training abs like 5 times a week which is pointless. They get worked really well on leg day and back day already so I usually throw them in at the end on either of those days, picke on day and that's all you need.

locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) locoboyzbetz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yups guys good posts. Remember that you cant see your abs if you have too much body fat. No matter how many thousands of crunches you will never see them unless you drop fat!

Try cardio before abs.

Train abs when your fat to support your core
    train abs when your skinny to get seperation and cuts.

jeputi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't do arms next day after Back, as your bi's will still be recouping. Emmortal's plan is good. Or, many people seem to shy away with starting with legs. Your fresh and can give em plenty!

Legs
    Chest
    Back/Forearms
    Shoulders/Calves
    Arms/Abs

I like to put calves on a different day, as 3 quads, 2 hams, 2 calves on one leg day is a huge workout... up to you though.

EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So here is the story guys. I'm getting a new job and starting a new school so change is happening in such a short time. This week I'm going to stick to my old workout program to kinda feel out time restrictions and school. But basically I want to switch to one part per day to kinda fit working out into my crazy schedule.

I was thinking something like this:

Monday: Chest, ab's
    Tueday: Legs
    Wednesday: Back, ab's
    Thursday: arms (bi's and tri's)
    Friday: Shoulders and forearms, ab's

I"m cutting currently so cardio will be done 4-5 times a week.
    I like it. I think calves and abs should be worked out constantly, if you are under 10% bodyfat I like it. I do calves about four days a week. I have none so they need some extra work. Anyways, I like it, but I would switch Shoulders to Wednesday so you have a day of rest between squat and deadlifts *back day* and also you don't want to work arms before back day because that will compromise you rworkout. You might want to throw a day off in there, but doing one body part a day you are fine. Good luck with it.
    Bench - 305 Squat - 365 Deadlift - 365

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold

After reading everyone helpful posts I think I have decided on the body part split.

Monday:Chest
    Tuesday:Legs
    Wednesday:Shoulders
    Thursday:Back
    Friday:Arms

I'll throw in one or two days of ab work and keep including cardio.

Now I noticed people mentioning the workouts better be intense since it's once a week what is meant by this?

I'm also working on what workouts to do per muscle group. here is what I've come up with feel free to suggest things guys.

Chest

Bench 5 sets of 15-12 reps, 12-8, 8-6, 2 sets of 3-5
    flys (not sure of rep range and set range)
    dumbbell press same as bench
    incline db press same as bench
    decline bench same as bench

Legs

squats
    leg extensions
    calve raises
    reverse leg curls
    lunges

Shoulders

Db shoulder press
    lateral raises
    front raises
    shoulder extensions

Back

Dead lift
    lat pulldowns
    barbell shrugs
    one arm row
    seated row
    zurker squats

Arms

Preacher Curls
    Db curl
    Hammer curls

Db kickbacks
    rope pulldowns
    db press

Also I'm still recovering from an injured shoulder or else I would be doing dips for triceps and pull ups for back. Once its healed I will re add those in. If anyone has an suggestions for better workouts and rep ranges feel free to post them here.

Thanks again guys

--Goal--

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Back will be difficult the day immediately following shoulders.

Just sayin...
    Time To Re-Schedule

Recovered Ameribrah headinahole's Avatar
    headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Back will be difficult the day immediately following shoulders.

Just sayin...
    I don't know of one back workout that doesn't make my shoulders sore. On that note if you have an hour a day, that's enough to do a 3 day split program

chest/tri
    legs
    back bi

core/weak links on the 4th day if you want too, I've been doing that for a couple weeks and it never takes me more than an hour. Unless I'm working on form (4th day) or spend longer on cardio.
    ***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Official Dog Owners Crew***
    ***Whiskey Neat Crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***Dallas Misc***
    Back From Back Injury pic thread updated (8/21/14)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162931351

Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by headinahole View Post
    I don't know of one back workout that doesn't make my shoulders sore.
    AMEN Brother!

Great advice being shot to the OP. My biggest concern is what is the crowd situation like at the gym at the times you will be going? That has a factor in how you can train and what you can do. Where I workout, Monday is National Chest Day, so there are lines waiting to use any bench (flat, incline, decline, hell even the HS Machines) So I do back or legs on that day. No one is using the stuff I need and I am in and out before you know it.

Good luck man.
    NASM-MMACS
    ISSA-CFT, SFN, SET
    HKC

✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪
    mWo

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do:

legs (because of as said above, monday is meathead international chest [bench..] meeting)
    chest
    back
    shoulder/traps
    arms

Works pretty good for me
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rizen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
    I definitely agree with this, I see a lot of people training abs like 5 times a week which is pointless. They get worked really well on leg day and back day already so I usually throw them in at the end on either of those days, picke on day and that's all you need.
    i'm guessing you dont have good abs.

i work out abs every training day because you can, they are not like other big muscle groups, you can push abs much further.

hm what about actual workouts per muscle group? this is what i've come up with any ideas?

After reading everyone helpful posts I think I have decided on the body part split.

Monday:Chest
    Tuesday:Legs
    Wednesday:Shoulders
    Thursday:Back
    Friday:Arms

I'll throw in one or two days of ab work and keep including cardio.

Now I noticed people mentioning the workouts better be intense since it's once a week what is meant by this?

I'm also working on what workouts to do per muscle group. here is what I've come up with feel free to suggest things guys.

Chest

Bench 5 sets of 15-12 reps, 12-8, 8-6, 2 sets of 3-5
    flys (not sure of rep range and set range)
    dumbbell press same as bench
    incline db press same as bench
    decline bench same as bench

Legs

squats
    leg extensions
    calve raises
    reverse leg curls
    lunges

Shoulders

Db shoulder press
    lateral raises
    front raises
    shoulder extensions

Back

Dead lift
    lat pulldowns
    barbell shrugs
    one arm row
    seated row
    zurker squats

Arms

Preacher Curls
    Db curl
    Hammer curls

Db kickbacks
    rope pulldowns
    db press

Also I'm still recovering from an injured shoulder or else I would be doing dips for triceps and pull ups for back. Once its healed I will re add those in. If anyone has an suggestions for better workouts and rep ranges feel free to post them here.

Thanks again guys

--Goal--

The Flying Scotsman tothemaxwell's Avatar
    tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emmortal View Post
    This would be better:

Chest
    Legs/abs
    Back
    Shoulders
    Arms
    I like this rotation. Except I don't work arms. I wouldn't have enough time or energy to blast 2 body parts in under an hour.
    build a better machine

2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    i'm guessing you dont have good abs.

i work out abs every training day because you can, they are not like other big muscle groups, you can push abs much further.
    I'm guessing you don't have good abs either. Especially with that 11% bodyfat at 5'11" and 160 lbs.

Would you mind explaining to me what make abs different from any other muscle you train?
    Last edited by 2uantuM; 08-31-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how many exercises do you think is needed per body part?
    One exercise per muscle group.

What are your priorities, from an aesthetic standpoint? What do you need to bring up the most?

Honestly I need to really cut down and start packing on some muscle.

--Goal--

headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly I need to really cut down and start packing on some muscle.
    It's one or the other...
    ***Whiskey Neat Crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***Dallas Misc***

Right while I'm cutting I still would like to lift heavy and put on a small amount of muscle. I think its very possible to still put on some muscle while cutting. It might not be the same a bulk but still possible.

--Goal--

Right while I'm cutting I still would like to lift heavy and put on a small amount of muscle. I think its very possible to still put on some muscle while cutting. It might not be the same a bulk but still possible.
    It's possible, i'm doing it right now. So basically you're just looking to get in shape? Not really gain or lose weight but shed some bf while putting on SOME muscle?

Some current stats w/ bf% would be really helpful at this point.
    ***Whiskey Neat Crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***Dallas Misc***

tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, yes and no. It's harder to do that than achieve an overall bulk or cut. If you're going to do this then up your protein intake to 2 g/lb bodyweight, and cut out bad fats and most carbs. remember it's a numbers game, so if you're taking in less calories than you are expending, plan on losing weight, including some muscle mass.
    build a better machine

Well right now I'm around 11-13% body (leaning towards 11%) fat I'm 6'4 and about 200 pounds. Last year around this time I was around 20% bodyfat!

--Goal--

Originally Posted by tothemaxwell View Post
    well, yes and no. It's harder to do that than achieve an overall bulk or cut. If you're going to do this then up your protein intake to 2 g/lb bodyweight, and cut out bad fats and most carbs. remember it's a numbers game, so if you're taking in less calories than you are expending, plan on losing weight, including some muscle mass.
    This is the way I'm doing it right now... You and I are around the same stats as well. Seems to be working great for me. I'm going to bulk in winter when my job slows down and I can keep enough food coming in to stifle my metabolism.
    ***Whiskey Neat Crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***Dallas Misc***

also, try using a good creatine while you are cutting. It will help you retain more muscle mass.
    build a better machine