Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KTHNXBYE View Post
    hey bro, i'm surprised that no one else is following along. subbed.

you have an awesome physique, and i hope that someday when i get as much mass as you, i can compete. i want to compete by next summer if possible.
    Hey bro! Glad you've come along for the ride! I've been lazy in recuiting people to read my journal but I'm going to make a post on dracoy's and get those awesome people in here too!

Thank you for your kind words. Just a lot of heavy lifting, hard work, and lots of food

If you want to compete I would say go for it! I would add some more mass if I were you so definitely keep with your bulk. You are very lean and would probably do pretty good in a natural show! Keep at it! If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask!
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

"It's not who you know, it's who you blow"
    - Abraham Lincoln

KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rigit23 View Post
    Hey bro! Glad you've come along for the ride! I've been lazy in recuiting people to read my journal but I'm going to make a post on dracoy's and get those awesome people in here too!

Thank you for your kind words. Just a lot of heavy lifting, hard work, and lots of food

If you want to compete I would say go for it! I would add some more mass if I were you so definitely keep with your bulk. You are very lean and would probably do pretty good in a natural show! Keep at it! If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask!
    will do. i have added ~25lbs since christmas so i feel like this bulk is going really well. can't wait to get big! currently eating 3.2-3.7k per day. would you say thats sufficient?
    I'm in for the rep trade... Jus' sayin'.

Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rigit23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    will do. i have added ~25lbs since christmas so i feel like this bulk is going really well. can't wait to get big! currently eating 3.2-3.7k per day. would you say thats sufficient?
    From the pictures it looks like you are doing great! As long as the scale is moving and you feel and look bigger, you are eating enough! Adding 25 lbs of mass is great! Especially in 5 or so months. Thats the perfect time for such weight. Keep at it!

I'm coming off a pre-contest diet so I'm slowly ramping my calories back up to offseason levels. I have a lot of endomorphic qualities so I hold on to fat a lot easier than most people, but it won't stop me! I'm at about 2850 calories a day and eventually I'm hoping to get back to past 3000 haha.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000) KTHNXBYE is just really nice. (+1000)
    From the pictures it looks like you are doing great! As long as the scale is moving and you feel and look bigger, you are eating enough! Adding 25 lbs of mass is great! Especially in 5 or so months. Thats the perfect time for such weight. Keep at it!

I'm coming off a pre-contest diet so I'm slowly ramping my calories back up to offseason levels. I have a lot of endomorphic qualities so I hold on to fat a lot easier than most people, but it won't stop me! I'm at about 2850 calories a day and eventually I'm hoping to get back to past 3000 haha.
    realistically, how much bigger would i have to be to be able to compete in even a light weight class and do well?

i have also always wondered, what happens after you diet down so long for a show and then the show is done. how much muscle and strength have you lost ?

is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    were you workinh with Layne?

I am a fat kid turned anorixic turned bodybuilder. LOL

I have lifted since I was a freshman but never ate enough to gain any weight. this september I decided If I really wanna do this I gotta eat and cant be scared about fat gain. in the begining I gained weight fast i think becasue how long I was on a very limited carb and calorie diet to maintain my 113pound frame for 3 years and my body wanted to hold onto my food incase I whent to a drastic low cal diet again. since then I am now 136 pounds. I have mixed opinoins on how my bulk went and if I should continue to bulk or cut.. What would you suggest?

here are some before and after

realistically, how much bigger would i have to be to be able to compete in even a light weight class and do well?

i have also always wondered, what happens after you diet down so long for a show and then the show is done. how much muscle and strength have you lost ?
    It really depends on what you think. If you are doing a natural show, size isn't going to matter as much as you think. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't get bigger, but naturals can only get so big, so symmetry and the other aspects of bodybuilding are greatly looked upon. If you keep up the muscle growth at the rate you are doing now, I would say that you could easily place well in a show next summer.

If you were to do a show, I would recommend doing the teen and novice divisions. You would be with people who are in your similar situation, that is competing for the first time. Thats what I did and I loved every minute of it.

As for the diet. Everyone and I repeat EVERYONE who contest diets (especially naturally) loses mass at one point. I probably lost a few pounds of mass, but at the same time, I lost over 20 lbs of fat and looked my overall best. Strength-wise, my strength kept the same until about 2 weeks before the show. Strength is a fairly accurate way to measure how much muscle you are preserving/losing during prep so I was pretty glad that I did so well. I dieted for 19 weeks.

After the show, some people jump right back into eating on the offseason, but the metabolism is used to lower calories due to the diet. This causes a large and fast gain of fat. I ramped my calories back from about 2000 a day, adding about 100-200 a week.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Originally Posted by Ice-T4444 View Post

I have lifted since I was a freshman but never ate enough to gain any weight. this september I decided If I really wanna do this I gotta eat and cant be scared about fat gain. in the begining I gained weight fast i think becasue how long I was on a very limited carb and calorie diet to maintain my 113pound frame for 3 years and my body wanted to hold onto my food incase I whent to a drastic low cal diet again. since then I am now 136 pounds. I have mixed opinoins on how my bulk went and if I should continue to bulk or cut.. What would you suggest?

here are some before and after

i would say incorporate cardio into your bulk if you haven't already. how many cals are you bulking on and how many pounds have you gained since the beginning of your bulk? the bulk is looking good though, and you look way better!
    Last edited by KTHNXBYE; 06-06-2008 at 08:10 PM.

It really depends on what you think. If you are doing a natural show, size isn't going to matter as much as you think. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't get bigger, but naturals can only get so big, so symmetry and the other aspects of bodybuilding are greatly looked upon. If you keep up the muscle growth at the rate you are doing now, I would say that you could easily place well in a show next summer.

If you were to do a show, I would recommend doing the teen and novice divisions. You would be with people who are in your similar situation, that is competing for the first time. Thats what I did and I loved every minute of it.

As for the diet. Everyone and I repeat EVERYONE who contest diets (especially naturally) loses mass at one point. I probably lost a few pounds of mass, but at the same time, I lost over 20 lbs of fat and looked my overall best. Strength-wise, my strength kept the same until about 2 weeks before the show. Strength is a fairly accurate way to measure how much muscle you are preserving/losing during prep so I was pretty glad that I did so well. I dieted for 19 weeks.

After the show, some people jump right back into eating on the offseason, but the metabolism is used to lower calories due to the diet. This causes a large and fast gain of fat. I ramped my calories back from about 2000 a day, adding about 100-200 a week.
    thanks for the response. i think that next year would be a realistic goal to set for a contest. and don't get me wrong, i'm not going to stop gaining. i think if i could be at 170 at that time i would do well. really looking forward to following this log!

I would say to absolutely keep bulking. The teen years are a prime time to gain mass and you really don't want to spend them cutting down. The bulk looks great in my opinion. You've definitely put on a good amount of quality mass.

You're built a lot like I was. Give me a few minutes and I'll post a pic of me back in 05 and one in 07
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thats why i posted i really like your physique and your very detaled like myself

I am working a similar routine as you aswell

Very cool bro!

Here is me from 05:

And from 06:

As you can see, I was a work in progress hehe
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Very cool bro!

Here is me from 05:

And from 06:

As you can see, I was a work in progress hehe
    wow!!!! extremly inspirationall. If its ok Id like to look to you for influnce?

that was only one year? did you lift before 05 or was that when you first started?

from my first pics I already have lifted for 3 years almost so I totaly ****ed my chances of Noob gaines.

wow!!!! extremly inspirationall. If its ok Id like to look to you for influnce?

that was only one year? did you lift before 05 or was that when you first started?

from my first pics I already have lifted for 3 years almost so I totaly ****ed my chances of Noob gaines.
    I casually lifted before 05. I was one of those "bench and curl" kids for maybe 6 months until I stumbled on this site to help my gains. I was hooked and I realized that if I wanted to get big, I needed to work everything/eat everything in sight!

Don't get discouraged. I didn't really get "noob gains" anyways. There was no period from where I woke up feeling stronger and bigger. I just assumed that I was gaining muscle from all the food I was eating and the weights kept going up!

Just focus on getting in enough quality food, lifting hard, and staying dedicated and I guarentee you will see changes.

Well I'm off to the gym (yes it's 8:00am). I'll be back with updates!
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

i would say incorporate cardio into your bulk if you haven't already. how many cals are you bulking on and how many pounds have you gained since the beginning of your bulk? the bulk is looking good though, and you look way better!
    I was bulking at 2,400

I am now at 135 and have been for about 3 weeks so I uped it to 2,600

I started HIIT 3-4X a week for 2 weeks now.

I casually lifted before 05. I was one of those "bench and curl" kids for maybe 6 months until I stumbled on this site to help my gains. I was hooked and I realized that if I wanted to get big, I needed to work everything/eat everything in sight!

Don't get discouraged. I didn't really get "noob gains" anyways. There was no period from where I woke up feeling stronger and bigger. I just assumed that I was gaining muscle from all the food I was eating and the weights kept going up!

Just focus on getting in enough quality food, lifting hard, and staying dedicated and I guarentee you will see changes.

Well I'm off to the gym (yes it's 8:00am). I'll be back with updates!
    Well I'll deff. be keepin up with this one. Big fan here! lol

Oh b4 I forget. You do alot of continues lifting day after day and only take a break after all is finished. Do you ever get overtrained? I ask cuz I have a similar workout and wondering do try and do it in a week time frame or do a 10 day rotation??

Shoulders/Arms Hypertrophy

Dumbbell Military Press
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10
    55x8

Front Raises
    20x 8,6,4 (rest-pause set)

Side Lateral Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x8

Side Cable Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

Rear Cable Raise
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10

Rear Dumbbell Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

CGBP
    165x10
    165x10
    165x10

V-bar Pressdown
    190x10
    200x10
    210x8

Rope Press downs
    90x55 (super pump set)
    90x15

Barbell Curls
    85x10
    85x8
    85x8

Cross-body hammer curls
    30x10
    30x10
    30x12

Comments
    Very tiring and intense workout today. My arms and shoulders were dead after all the pain I put them through! On these days, I like to focus more on the pump rather than the weight. I use about 75% of my max and focus on correct form.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Well I'll deff. be keepin up with this one. Big fan here! lol

Oh b4 I forget. You do alot of continues lifting day after day and only take a break after all is finished. Do you ever get overtrained? I ask cuz I have a similar workout and wondering do try and do it in a week time frame or do a 10 day rotation??
    Thanks bro, glad you have decided to stay!

Over training varies from person to person. I don't think I'm over training at all. I'm not run down, my strength isn't down, and I feel great most of the time! However, I require a lot of volume to grow, so that could be the reason. I would only recommend this split once you know what your body likes to grow to and how you should follow through with your training.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks bro, glad you have decided to stay!

Over training varies from person to person. I don't think I'm over training at all. I'm not run down, my strength isn't down, and I feel great most of the time! However, I require a lot of volume to grow, so that could be the reason. I would only recommend this split once you know what your body likes to grow to and how you should follow through with your training.
    could you possibly tell me what workout routine and diet you held to for your transformation from 05-06?? Id love 2 see that kinda progress in a year..

thanks

could you possibly tell me what workout routine and diet you held to for your transformation from 05-06?? Id love 2 see that kinda progress in a year..

thanks
    I changed it up quite a bit. I did the chest/tris, back/bi's, Shoulders, Legs for a while during that time and then I switched it to a 5 day split: Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms. I stayed with that one until after my prep when I changed it to the one I'm doing now. At your age, I would say try a bunch of different routines and see which ones give you the best gains and you like the most and stay with it for a few months.

Diet wise, I was a mess considering what I know now lol! Basically my philosophy was 600 calories a meal, about 5-6 meals a day. I didn't count protein, carbs, or fat; just calories. I ate clean foods, just a lot of them haha. I put on a considerable amount of fat, but I seem to put on Mass better with more fat on my body, so I didn't mind that much. Besides, it makes cutting up all the more sweeter
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I changed it up quite a bit. I did the chest/tris, back/bi's, Shoulders, Legs for a while during that time and then I switched it to a 5 day split: Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms. I stayed with that one until after my prep when I changed it to the one I'm doing now. At your age, I would say try a bunch of different routines and see which ones give you the best gains and you like the most and stay with it for a few months.

Diet wise, I was a mess considering what I know now lol! Basically my philosophy was 600 calories a meal, about 5-6 meals a day. I didn't count protein, carbs, or fat; just calories. I ate clean foods, just a lot of them haha. I put on a considerable amount of fat, but I seem to put on Mass better with more fat on my body, so I didn't mind that much. Besides, it makes cutting up all the more sweeter
    Hell yea !!!!

In for glorious mass.

Shoulders/Arms Hypertrophy

Dumbbell Military Press
    50x10
    50x10
    50x10
    55x8

Front Raises
    20x 8,6,4 (rest-pause set)

Side Lateral Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x8

Side Cable Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

Rear Cable Raise
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10

Rear Dumbbell Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

CGBP
    165x10
    165x10
    165x10

V-bar Pressdown
    190x10
    200x10
    210x8

Rope Press downs
    90x55 (super pump set)
    90x15

Barbell Curls
    85x10
    85x8
    85x8

Cross-body hammer curls
    30x10
    30x10
    30x12

Comments
    Very tiring and intense workout today. My arms and shoulders were dead after all the pain I put them through! On these days, I like to focus more on the pump rather than the weight. I use about 75% of my max and focus on
    correct form.
    great workout man! looks intense.

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    Hell yea !!!!

In for glorious mass.
    Absolutely! And like-wise, subbed to your's Dracoy!

great workout man! looks intense.
    These workouts are very intense haha. I used to hit every bodypart once a week and I think my body got too used to it. Hitting everything twice in 6 days is tiring but awesome for growth, at least for me.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

whats your diet like now??

whats your diet like now??
    Varies from day to day food-wise.

Macro-wise, its about 2800 calories.

Fat: 70g
    Carbs: 305g
    Protein: 225g
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

Varies from day to day food-wise.

Macro-wise, its about 2800 calories.

Fat: 70g
    Carbs: 305g
    Protein: 225g
    okay okay. Im at 2,600

fat:73
    carbs:260
    Protein:228

so like a 35-40-25 protein-carbs-fat. being a tubby as a young kid im still kinda scared of carbs. but I was eating BK everyday and didnt do anything

meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000) meyer23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed, nice journal....i'd like to compete one day as well
    Stats:
    6'0', 180 lb., 10% bf
    S:405 B:255 D:500 PC:275
    *Misc Mobility Crew*
    *Misc Calisthenic Crew*
    *Positivity Crew*
    Cincinnati Bengals

*Diamond Dog*

okay okay. Im at 2,600

fat:73
    carbs:260
    Protein:228

so like a 35-40-25 protein-carbs-fat. being a tubby as a young kid im still kinda scared of carbs. but I was eating BK everyday and didnt do anything
    I can empathize with you, as I was the same way. A lot of it is mental to be honest with you. When I first started to see somewhat major fat gain, I kinda got scared and was like "What if I can't lose it?! What if it never comes off?!" and other questions like that. I soon (with plenty of studying ) Learned how to cut off the fat and decided to do a show.

Your diet looks good. A little high in protein in my opinion, but good none the less. Keep at it dude!

Originally Posted by meyer23 View Post
    subbed, nice journal....i'd like to compete one day as well
    Glad to have you on the boat meyer! Subbed to your log as well! Competing is a lot of fun but a lot of work at the same time. I think that anyone who starts bodybuilding at a young age (say, 15 or 16) has a great shot to do well in the teen divisions!
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

I can empathize with you, as I was the same way. A lot of it is mental to be honest with you. When I first started to see somewhat major fat gain, I kinda got scared and was like "What if I can't lose it?! What if it never comes off?!" and other questions like that. I soon (with plenty of studying ) Learned how to cut off the fat and decided to do a show.

Your diet looks good. A little high in protein in my opinion, but good none the less. Keep at it dude!

Glad to have you on the boat meyer! Subbed to your log as well! Competing is a lot of fun but a lot of work at the same time. I think that anyone who starts bodybuilding at a young age (say, 15 or 16) has a great shot to do well in the teen divisions!
    Your competition shape is fantasic! who or how where you able to do that?

Your competition shape is fantasic! who or how where you able to do that?
    I used Layne Norton and he had me dieting for 19 weeks. The only reason I used him was because it was my first show(s) and I didn't want to do something wrong and lose all my mass haha.

He was great though, very knowledgeable and as you can see, successful.
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Horsehead Crew*
    *TFW no gf crew*

- Abraham Lincoln

I used Layne Norton and he had me dieting for 19 weeks. The only reason I used him was because it was my first show(s) and I didn't want to do something wrong and lose all my mass haha.

He was great though, very knowledgeable and as you can see, successful.
    I would love to use him. I want his advice when Im bulking and cutting. did you use him when you were bulking as well???