yazan3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sagging skin if lost weight!!!

Hi,

I weigh 250 lbs and 5'10

Lets say throughout a couple months I lose around 50lbs. I am scared that I my stomach will have sagging skin. I saw this show called 'extreme makeover' were this fat guy who became thin had really awefull sagging skin. He did something called a 'tuck-in' or something...

I have been fat throught my life.. I am 20 years old...

What can I do to make sure none of this happens? I am really terrified of this reality. If I lose weight... will I suffer from this?

Thank you...

Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i was 200....and am about 150 now....i still gotta lose about 5-10 lbs bf...i am only 5 5'....i noticed a bit more jiggle but nuthing like too hung over....like my chest and arms muscle fills the skin .....i wouldnt worry....believe u me...your better off not bein fat and having a lil skin problem then being fat....u can hind the skin ..not the fat tho.....also i heard in time it tightens and becomes normal....i lost the weight recently and am still in the process so i cant say if that works yet..worse comes to worse i may get surgery..i doubt it tho cuz its not that bad..

i reccomend u lift hard...put on some muscle and lose some weight...muscle will take place of the fat and fill ur skin and make it tight.. My 2 cents ""

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In most cases it will "shrink to fit". However in extreme cases, it won't. I have a friend who was, at one point, over 600 pounds (yes, 600, he's 6'5"). He went down to 300 and had massive loose skin. He will have to have surgery to remove it.

Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and moisturized from the outside and in. Drink a lot of water. Use moisturizing cream. Both will help a lot. At the size you were, it should shrink down, especially if you're building up your chest and arms.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

RonJ,

Should I build up muscles while I lose weight? Or lose weight first and then build up the muscles? I had a teach once who said it was bad to build up muscles while being fat or losing weight..something along those lines... because the muscles will be build between the fat or something....

Are you sure about the moisturizer???

Thanks

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's best to build while you're heavy. It speeds your metabolism and you lose fat faster.

Yes. Don't bathe in the stuff, but once every day or so use a bit.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 20yo your skin should tghten back up in no time for you ... a big bump on Ron's advice.

Rob--

jdel80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, there right, I am 5'-8", and three years ago I weighed 285lbs+, not sure what my body fat was, Today I am 39 years old,
    I weighed in this am at 207lbs, and my BF (still a little high) 22%, I have that flap of skin you worry about, but believe me it is shrinking, your only 20 so your skin will shrink more than mine, and faster. I started wieght training about 7-8 months ago and that was when I noticed the biggest change , I too saw that show
    and before I watched it I was thinking about the surgery, instead I decided to really hit the weights, and get a good carcio plan going, and trust me it is working. be patient ...

priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by RonJ73
    In most cases it will "shrink to fit". However in extreme cases, it won't. I have a friend who was, at one point, over 600 pounds (yes, 600, he's 6'5"). He went down to 300 and had massive loose skin. He will have to have surgery to remove it.

Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and moisturized from the outside and in. Drink a lot of water. Use moisturizing cream. Both will help a lot. At the size you were, it should shrink down, especially if you're building up your chest and arms.

does this shrink to fit also apply to older folks ( like mid 40s)?
    and what time frame is that?

priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priapis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by jdel80
    Dude, there right, I am 5'-8", and three years ago I weighed 285lbs+, not sure what my body fat was, Today I am 39 years old,
    I weighed in this am at 207lbs, and my BF (still a little high) 22%, I have that flap of skin you worry about, but believe me it is shrinking, your only 20 so your skin will shrink more than mine, and faster. I started wieght training about 7-8 months ago and that was when I noticed the biggest change , I too saw that show
    and before I watched it I was thinking about the surgery, instead I decided to really hit the weights, and get a good carcio plan going, and trust me it is working. be patient ...
    do you mean to say it shrank over 3 F##&*^%ing years?????

if sdo, tummy tuck here i come.

DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe that extra skin can be fixed easily with a bit of surgery.

It can be fixed with surgery, however, if it's going to shrink on it's own, LET IT. There's no sense risking surgery and wasting the money on that. Most insurance companies won't pay for the surgery to remove loose skin from weight loss. Although I think that's totally screwy, since by losing weight and getting in shape, you're less of a health risk. They should reward you for that.
    Ron J
    ----------

after my initial weight loss the skin was really bad, for like a 8 months to a year, but it was getting a little tighter, when I really started to notice it shirnking up was in the last year of real serious weight training, I hired a trainer and I have been religious about it. I too have looked at the surgery they told me it would cost me $7K, and the recovery time was somthing like 6-8 weeks of doing almost nothing, I am going to give it hell till Nov. if I am not happy under the knife I go .......

But again it is shinking.... and again you are a lot younger than I am ..

DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7k!! wtf!! damn that's some crazy **** for doing a little bit of trimming with a lazer. Just go to the laundry place and ask them to dry clear you. That'll shrink the skin in no time.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another reason to think twice before you go under the knife.

The Skin that is removed is still mapped into your brain. So if the severed nerves tell your brain you itch you can't scratch it because it's not there any more. It's like a guy that loses a leg but feels his toes itching...

rleeson,

thats a scary thought!!

jaminan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i too have lost a lot of weight.. about 30kg (60lbs??) in about a year
    but i guess i had gained a lot of weight before that too.
    so i have stretch marks and loose skin all over my body especially my tummy now.... i look like a monster.

i dont even dare to go topless at home.

im currently going to gym regularly, toning up, building up, etc etc.
    but i still dont see my skin tightening or shrinking..

i heard vitamin E lotion would work. i dunno....

Originally posted by jaminan
    i too have lost a lot of weight.. about 30kg (60lbs??) in about a year
    but i guess i had gained a lot of weight before that too.
    so i have stretch marks and loose skin all over my body especially my tummy now.... i look like a monster.

i dont even dare to go topless at home.

im currently going to gym regularly, toning up, building up, etc etc.
    but i still dont see my skin tightening or shrinking..

i heard vitamin E lotion would work. i dunno....
    It takes a while. Quite a while in some cases. As you build muscle mass, that will take care of some of it. But it's a matter of patience. Vitamin E lotion will help. But it's not going to be immediate. Skin is elastic, but slow.
    Ron J
    ----------

heres two more of my cents I found these about a month ago

www.underarmor.com

these are like compression shirts , they fit super tight, and they
    are real comfortable, when I am feeling down I throw one on as
    my under shirt, and I feel, and look much tighter,

I know this isn't a permanent fix but I tak eat least one compliment a day when I wear it . never hurts to look ..

its nice to see how all these success stories of losing weight have a secret that is not shown... the sagging skin...

You see it everywhere.. lost weight here.. there.. etc.... but nobody mentions about sagging skin...

its an eye opener

I hate the dude but Richard Simmons has talked about it for years... He was one of the original fruits from the "Fruit of the Loom" series of ad's where the logo for FotL jumps off the brief and harrase people buying or putting on underwear. From the way he tells it when he first lose weight he must have looked like this before the doctors took his skin in... We should all be thankful we don't have this guy problem...

!!! Warning this is gross and maybe disturbing to some... !!!

Remember I warned you....
    Attached Images

Yazan3k,

my thoughts are that most "Larger" people get discoraged LONG before the saggin skin is an issue, hang in there and give it hell, and I bet you will be very pleased with the long term gains in your health ....

Originally posted by jdel80
    Yazan3k,

my thoughts are that most "Larger" people get discoraged LONG before the saggin skin is an issue, hang in there and give it hell, and I bet you will be very pleased with the long term gains in your health ....
    Without a doubt. Quite honestly, I would MUCH rather have loose skin than having a lot of fat. Loose skin is something that can be dealt with. And honestly...if your skin is as bad as the guy in the picture there, chances are insurance WOULD cover the removal. That's a VERY extreme case though.
    Ron J
    ----------

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lost all my weight and my skin never went back optimally, I am a young guy. I originally went from 252 to 132 than balloon back up. starving diet you know) then dieted down the right way. But my skin didn't come back well.But that as ALOT to do with you genetics and degree overweight. Everyone is different and the damage is not linear. The damage is compounded by the amount overweight. YOu might be okay at 50 pounds over weight and then at 60 you are going to have damage, and 75 overweight you will be like a cat and anyone could pull on you back and lift you up.

Insurance will only cover if you can prove that the extra skin interfers with daily living: not a cosmetic reason. There criteria is quite high. As for the surgery itself, it is extremely costly. It isn't a little laser. it is your body being cut all the way around and then cut up to you ribs in both the front and the back and then re-stitched back down. The scar is nasty. That is the nasty surgery. The less abrasive the tommy tuck also sucks. The rest time is 6 to 8 weeks.

Fact there is a genetic limitation to how large you can get without supplements. SO being even gaining muscles have a limitation. With that said, gain muscle helps a lot but I still probably will never have a "tight" body.

I would wait if one is considering this option. Make sure that you can keep the weight off. Secondly, make sure the skin is not improving on its own. This make take a year or two. Vitamin E and cocoa oil is your friend. Don't let the idea of extra skin discourage you from fat reduction. Obesity is much more damaging and also unattractive