jackwalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

joined the gym last week - what do I do there

Hi, I'm a 30 year old guy, 5,9 went from 245 lbs to 217.5 still going down, I'm on a heathy eating diet <south beach> but I decided last week I better join the gym and start working for 2 reasons, #1 I dont want a empty sack of fat hanging down my stomach #2 I sit alot at work,, so I feel very broken down, my back is getting bent and I just don't feel stong, I want to accomplish 2 things I want to burn the fat away and I want to feel, and look stronger?
    I do a half hour on the threadmill which helped me loose more weight this week, and I started doing a few other diffrent machienes there for streathing chest, abs , thights, i KNOW ITS GOOD TO SKIP DAYS SO MY PLAN IS SUNDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY BUT I FEEL I NEED A GUIDE TO WORK OUT A PLAN, THERE ARE SO MANY MACHINES IN THE GYM, MOST OF THEM HAVE A SIGN SHOWNING WHAT THEY ACCOMPLISH BUT i DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CALLED, I JUST DON'T WANT TO WORK AND AFTER A MONTH FIND OUT I'M DOING TO MUCH OR TO LITTLE, I CAN GET A PERSONNEL TRAINER TO START ME OFF BUT THERE ARE SO MANY VIEWS ON EVERYTHING, Can any one please give me an idea how to work this out.

all the best

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The best advise I have is to find yourself a personal trainer at your gym. When you are starting out the most important thing to learn is the proper form for each list. That way you will not strain or injure yourself.

If you are worried about the cost then use the trainer once a week or every two weeks. But keep at it as the trainer will adjust your workout as you progress.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marine005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    right get a personal trainer to show you the ropes, then do it your self after that, it will be worth money, or just do internet research

Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good to hear you want to get fit! Go to the first sticky on the workout programs section "The Best of the Workout Section" and look around a bit. Lay off the machines a bit and start using more freeweights. Try as hard as you can to make all or most of your exercises freeweights and you will notice the big difference.

Click here for a few routines you can try. Try 3 day splits, or 4 on here - whichever you prefer:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=143006

The link to how you perform each exercise is there.
    GOod luck

Edit: /\ ___what they said too ...my bad I misread and thought you were on your own because you couldn't afford a trainer.
    Last edited by Hombre; 12-28-2004 at 09:19 AM.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dont worry about all the different machines because more than half of them are useless and a big waste of time.....learn some basic free-weight exersises (dumbells and barbells) they are much more beneficial for you.....this site has visuals for all the exersises you need.....just keep reading on here and get a good beginners program....if you are just starting i would recommend working out no more than 4 days per week

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make sure to do a big fat cycle before your receptors have a chance to de-regulate. Pretty much anything goes, as much of whatever you can get your hands on.

Just kidding.

Try 2 sets 8-10 each of Bench, Row, press, curl, pushdown, squat, calf raises and 1 set of ab work.

3 x per week on non-consecutive days ( e.g. m,w,f)