wassupwassup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question High Bar Flexibility Routine? I'm not flexible enough to High Bar.

Can anyone suggest me a static and or dynamic stretching routine? I know I should focus on hip, ankle, and my calves but I'm having trouble coming up with a stretch routine so I can be flexible enough to High Bar appropriately like Clarence Kennedy or Idalberto Arranda. I have no access to a foam roller. My training weight isn't so hard that I am compromising form so lowering weights wouldn't do much because I can't properly High bar even without any weights.

How do coaches solve this issue with who their training? THANKS in advance.

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you have access to $20 and a ride to Walmart? If so, you have access to a foam roller.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wassupwassup View Post
    Can anyone suggest me a static and or dynamic stretching routine? I know I should focus on hip, ankle, and my calves but I'm having trouble coming up with a stretch routine so I can be flexible enough to High Bar appropriately like Clarence Kennedy or Idalberto Arranda. I have no access to a foam roller. My training weight isn't so hard that I am compromising form so lowering weights wouldn't do much because I can't properly High bar even without any weights.

How do coaches solve this issue with who their training? THANKS in advance.
    I'm assuming you're lifting in a pair of weightlifting shoes with a heel? They're an essential piece of equipment in Oly lifting. How poor is your actual mobility? Keep in mind that if you're able to squat to parallel, your ankle mobility should just naturally increase over time.

Usually, ankle mobility is the biggest factor, hence why having a pair of weightlifting shoes will serve as a crutch for providing some range of motion. You can take a look at this video and this video for a good overview of stretches to increase ankle mobility.

I personally think this is the best exercise, which is covered in the first video:

If you don't have access to a foam roller or resistance bands, your options either to buy one locally or on Amazon, or use the barbell where possible by putting it on the safeties or something and rolling. You can YouTube Klokov's stretching routine to get an idea of how this is done.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mvick07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    Do you have access to $20 and a ride to Walmart? If so, you have access to a foam roller.
    more like $5 and a ride to homedepot
    get a thick pvc pipe for rolling OP, they can cut a 10 footer into 5 feet for you at the store.

also, check this out. Ive only been doing it a few days..it includes that stretch the guy above me mentioned!

http://www.catalystathletics.com/art...ility-Program/

renlok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best things I've done:
    - sit in bottom position with barbell across your tights to stretch ankles
    - butterfly stretch - inner hip
    - modified pigeon pose - outer hip

You don't need a foam roller to improve flexibility but if you want one you can use almost anything as one
    http://weightroom.uk