Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1543
    Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well i will come back to this thread in some months, had pilonidal cyst surgery and wasn't able to lift for 2,5 months, and only got to do 1 cycle of workout nr 2. pre op my strength has been reduced significantly and im gonne go back to the beginners routine to get my strength back, Hope u guys try to keep the thread alive ! all the best!

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AcesUp23 View Post
    my 2 cents as i don't want to see this thread die. I've been doing intermediate #2 for 2+ cycles. I will start cycle 3, week4 tomorrow. I failed the 2nd cycle test so i am currenlty repeating. I've def seen an increase in strength and will def pass the final week.my split was A, B, rest, A, B, rest, rest for 1st 2 cycles then swithced to BA, rest, BA, rest rest for cycle 3. I also started doing 3-5 mile runs on 2 of the rest days since I am prepping for spartan race.

If I remember correctly, i beleive Allpro was against adding additional excercises, but for cycle 3 I added 2 additional arm excercises and 2 additional chest excercises on A days and have added deadlifts plus 2 additional leg excercises for B days. I have started to see more development in my biceps, quads, and core. i think I am going to continue this routine til end of summer but was wondering if these additional excercises are counterproductive?
    Post #229 All Pro was referencing additional assistance (quote) "Add assistance where you need it most"
    Keep in mind that All Pro also said (All Pro Simple Beginners) add assistance work "slowly" so that you can see if it negatively affects you lifts. If it does, take them out.

Next week ends cycle #2 of Intermediate #! I want to do three cycles of #! then move on to Intermediate #2. So far I'm very happy with my progress and I can't wait to be moving to the next program
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Morti View Post
    Well i will come back to this thread in some months, had pilonidal cyst surgery and wasn't able to lift for 2,5 months, and only got to do 1 cycle of workout nr 2. pre op my strength has been reduced significantly and im gonne go back to the beginners routine to get my strength back, Hope u guys try to keep the thread alive ! all the best!
    Good luck Morti!
    After that long of a layoff I'm sure it's a good decision to do a cycle or two of the Beginners Routine before going heavier.
    Hope to see you back soon.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    It sucks, because I like All Pro's programs and I'm real happy with my results.
    I keep following Kalei and Jason and I'm start to think about switching to Jason's program for the interaction with others. Kelei's looks great (probably better), but I think it's to much work for these old bones LOL
    Switch and interact or go it alone? One way or the other, I'm not going to stop!
    Hey bud...if u decide u want a change...Kelei's will be just fine at 30 reps for a while ! Keep at this for a while if you're diggin though!

Originally Posted by 64509chvl View Post
    Hey bud...if u decide u want a change...Kelei's will be just fine at 30 reps for a while ! Keep at this for a while if you're diggin though!
    Thanks!
    I scan this Kelei and Jason on a daily basis, just to keep up with whatever is going on. Also follow All Pro Beginners just in case someone needs to be yelled at LOL, I'm happy to see that program is still going fine
    Eventually I am going to do Kelei's, I'm just not sure when? I still have five more weeks to go on Intermediate #1, then I want to move onto a split.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks!
    I scan this Kelei and Jason on a daily basis, just to keep up with whatever is going on. Also follow All Pro Beginners just in case someone needs to be yelled at LOL, I'm happy to see that program is still going fine
    Eventually I am going to do Kelei's, I'm just not sure when? I still have five more weeks to go on Intermediate #1, then I want to move onto a split.
    good looking out..... i just finished a 5 month bulk on jasons. just started kelei's 7 days ago today.... KILLA
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    good looking out..... i just finished a 5 month bulk on jasons. just started kelei's 7 days ago today.... KILLA
    Both you and 64509chvl are doing Great! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!!

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Both you and 64509chvl are doing Great! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!!
    Good stuff bud...keep it live!

apines has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intermediate #2 - Seated calf press

Might be a silly question...

I don't have a Seated calf press machine at my gym, can I do a smith machine standing calf raises for four reps instead of the 2+2 set of the two calf exercises?
    Finishing All Pro's beginner's routine cycle 4 now. Going to push for another cycle and then probably switch.

Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck Morti!
    After that long of a layoff I'm sure it's a good decision to do a cycle or two of the Beginners Routine before going heavier.
    Hope to see you back soon.
    Thx ! Good luck on your goals aswell

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by apines View Post

I don't have a Seated calf press machine at my gym, can I do a smith machine standing calf raises for four reps instead of the 2+2 set of the two calf exercises?
    Finishing All Pro's beginner's routine cycle 4 now. Going to push for another cycle and then probably switch.
    Seated calf raises and standing calf raises are different exercises and focus different muscles, so there is no reason to do 4 sets of one of them. In youtube there are several videos of people doing seated calf raises without machine putting plates or a barbell in their legs while seated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDb06WfDf8

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Allow me to bring back a little All Pro for 'ya....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't pee on a Smith machine if it was on fire. Instead, he'd stoke the fire and throw some gas on it go make sure it burned into complete ash.

V Squat, regular barbell standing on a plate, just about anything will work. All Pro hates Smith machines, probably less so for calf raises - but as a devoted All Pro lifter, I've never stepped near one of them.

Just dropping back in here - it's been a while. I haven't been logging in to my account much....shame, really. All Pro provided routines that have kept, and continue to keep, my busy for over two years now. I ran his beginners routine for a year (I've never been too anxious in weight lifting - I figure if I work hard and work right, it'll pay off) and just finished Intermediate #1, which I ran for a year. I'm now on Intermediate #2.

Realize that if you've gotten to the Intermediate programs after some good dedication to the Beginner's routine that you've earned the right to shift routines around a bit. I modified #1 for the last 2-3 months I ran it, and I'm already modifying #2, BUT....I think it's good to really dig through All Pro posts in the Beginner's routine to get a feel for understanding how he'd modify these programs if he wanted to. I think, after a little while, you'll understand exactly what All Pro was trying to teach and, in the end, you having that confidence to modify the basic building blocks he's provided is exactly what he'd want.
    Well done is better than well said.

Originally Posted by Max10 View Post
    Allow me to bring back a little All Pro for 'ya....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't pee on a Smith machine if it was on fire. Instead, he'd stoke the fire and throw some gas on it go make sure it burned into complete ash.

V Squat, regular barbell standing on a plate, just about anything will work. All Pro hates Smith machines, probably less so for calf raises - but as a devoted All Pro lifter, I've never stepped near one of them.

Just dropping back in here - it's been a while. I haven't been logging in to my account much....shame, really. All Pro provided routines that have kept, and continue to keep, my busy for over two years now. I ran his beginners routine for a year (I've never been too anxious in weight lifting - I figure if I work hard and work right, it'll pay off) and just finished Intermediate #1, which I ran for a year. I'm now on Intermediate #2.

Realize that if you've gotten to the Intermediate programs after some good dedication to the Beginner's routine that you've earned the right to shift routines around a bit. I modified #1 for the last 2-3 months I ran it, and I'm already modifying #2, BUT....I think it's good to really dig through All Pro posts in the Beginner's routine to get a feel for understanding how he'd modify these programs if he wanted to. I think, after a little while, you'll understand exactly what All Pro was trying to teach and, in the end, you having that confidence to modify the basic building blocks he's provided is exactly what he'd want.
    I've read a few of All Pro's posts to know how he despises the smith machine, and I'm only using it for calf raises since I don't have any machine that targets it at my gym (nothing for standing or sitting). I still don't have enough confidence to really modify his programs and I've done changes like changing some of the order of the exercises to fit my gym better (not making me leave a machine to come back in line for it later). I trust these programs completely and the beginner's routine is wonderful. I want to make as few changes as possible, and for intermediate 2 the only changes that I want to do are:
    a. Change the order of leg extensions and the SLDL, since I'm doing SLDL on the same rack that I'm doing squats
    b. Change the calf exercises not to use a calf machine.

And what a better place to as than here

By the way, you've mentioned that you have started with intermediate 1 - do you think that it is important to start with that or can I skip to 2. The only reason is that I prefer a routine for 3-4 times a week than only two...

Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Seated calf raises and standing calf raises are different exercises and focus different muscles, so there is no reason to do 4 sets of one of them. In youtube there are several videos of people doing seated calf raises without machine putting plates or a barbell in their legs while seated.
    youtube.com/watch?v=cTDb06WfDf8
    Great video, thanks!

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

By the way, you've mentioned that you have started with intermediate 1 - do you think that it is important to start with that or can I skip to 2. The only reason is that I prefer a routine for 3-4 times a week than only two...
    No, I don't think it's important to progress through these programs in order. In fact, the only reason I went to 2 after running 1 for a year was because I needed a 4 day split program. Otherwise, I would have gone from 1 to 3 or 4.

In the beginning I asked All Pro if he thought they should be in order - he said running them that way was fine but that running them out of order was fine as well, especially each have their own unique time requirements.

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can do #1 and #3 as splits. Just take the #2 exercises (I would add standing rows to the upper day) and use the #1 or #3 scheme. That's what I'm going to do when I am intermediate.

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Am I understanding correctly that program 1 involves only 2 workouts per week? This seems very infrequent... But I'd like to start an intermediate program and I know these programs are popular. If that is the case, what do you do the other 5 days of the week? At intermediate level is there really need for so much recovery time? Especially as there is a deload week included...??

Originally Posted by poloralphloren View Post
    Am I understanding correctly that program 1 involves only 2 workouts per week? This seems very infrequent... But I'd like to start an intermediate program and I know these programs are popular. If that is the case, what do you do the other 5 days of the week? At intermediate level is there really need for so much recovery time? Especially as there is a deload week included...??
    Yes, essentially, but there may be times you have 3x a week. Say you work out on Sunday. In #1 you'd take Mon, Tue off and then work out again Wednesday. Thur, Fri would be off and then you'd work out Saturday. That's 3x in the week but, most of the time, you'd be at 2 with your rest.

AP is big on muscle recovery. I'll tell you that I modified (for a very short time) #1 to include a constant 3x a week routine (M,W,F) and it really does take a toll.

AP has deloads built in with the rep schemes, so I rarely take a specific deload week, although I think it's important to still do so every 3 cycles or so.

And, also, the rest days can be cardio days, abs, etc.

On #2 right now - I hit upper body Monday, lower Tuesday, cardio Wed, upper Thurs, lower Friday, and then Sat/Sun off.

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, essentially, but there may be times you have 3x a week. Say you work out on Sunday. In #1 you'd take Mon, Tue off and then work out again Wednesday. Thur, Fri would be off and then you'd work out Saturday. That's 3x in the week but, most of the time, you'd be at 2 with your rest.

AP is big on muscle recovery. I'll tell you that I modified (for a very short time) #1 to include a constant 3x a week routine (M,W,F) and it really does take a toll.

AP has deloads built in with the rep schemes, so I rarely take a specific deload week, although I think it's important to still do so every 3 cycles or so.

On #2 right now - I hit upper body Monday, lower Tuesday, cardio Wed, upper Thurs, lower Friday, and then Sat/Sun off.
    Thank you for the prompt response, great info, much appreciated!

You can do #1 and #3 as splits. Just take the #2 exercises (I would add standing rows to the upper day) and use the #1 or #3 scheme. That's what I'm going to do when I am intermediate.
    I'm surely not an expert, but IMO All Pro wrote the programs in a way he knew would be most beneficial for us. If you change #1 to a split it would no longer be one of his programs.
    Just like in they say in the Beginners program, just do the program or do something else.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

I'm currently doing #1 lifting Monday and Thursday, I never thought about rotating like you suggested Mon Thurs Sun Wed Fri etc. I might give that a try, Thanks!

I'm going to switch to #2 next month. What if anything are you doing for additional assistance work?

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

currently doing #1 lifting Monday and Thursday, I never thought about rotating like you suggested Mon Thurs Sun Wed Fri etc. I might give that a try, Thanks!
    I highly recommend a straight rotation, ESPECIALLY if you're worried about having too much time off in this program already. That way you don't have a 3 day rest between. I was religious in: Workout, Off, Off, Workout, Off, Off regardless of days. That means you're constantly rotating days in the gym, and gets you in there on the weekends when it can be a bit busier BUT at the end of the month, you'll have squeezed in some extra workout time that you wouldn't have had, and that extra volume is a good thing.

going to switch to #2 next month. What if anything are you doing for additional assistance work
    Not a thing. While I have added assistance to every AP program I've run so far (Beginner's and Intermediate #1) I haven't added any assistance work on #2. It's very complete as is, AND, it takes me about 45 minutes for workout 1, 35 for workout 2, and that fits perfectly with my time schedule in the AM. I do, however, add in abs to both upper and lower body workout days, and then add in Cardio on my Wednesday rest day. I take Sat/Sun completely off, save for whatever running around I'm doing w/ the fam, hiking, etc.

Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you know which of the four programs to pick? The first two don't specify who it is designed for.

By the way, am I reading this wrong, or is he saying to only go to the gym twice a week? Not two days of upper body and two days of lower body, but two days in total out of the seven?

Also, if benching my body weight is 255 pounds, can I still benefit from this program if I can only do 225 pounds? Or should I go through another cycle or two of the beginner guide?
    Last edited by Labavo; 04-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Labavo View Post
    How do you know which of the four programs to pick? The first two don't specify who it is designed for.

By the way, am I reading this wrong, or is he saying to only go to the gym twice a week? Not two days of upper body and two days of lower body, but two days in total out of the seven?

Also, if benching my body weight is 255 pounds, can I still benefit from this program if I can only do 225 pounds? Or should I go through another cycle or two of the beginner guide?
    The programs are designed for intermediates, each one is a little different. He suggests running a program for a few cycles then swithching to one of the others, you pick. Intermediate 2 is a typical AB split upper and lower. The others are 2 days a week, and trust me, bumping up 10lbs a week you will need the recovery days.(intermediate 1) He considered these "Dual Factor" programs where you are really hammering yourself for 3 weeks then the real gains come after the "deload recovery" week.

As for whether or not you are ready??? I say if you are bored with the beginner program than give it a shot, start light and you can always go back to his beginner program. I really like #1. I enjoyed the mix of heavy weight low rep for the core exercises and the higher rep assistance.

Originally Posted by Labavo View Post

Okay, umm.....Are you saying you an "only" bench 225? Dude. 2 plates each side is my goal. Granted, I weigh 35 lbs less than that, BUT, there's no place for "only" and "225" in the same sentence in my world. Bottom line is, yes, I believe you'll find benefits to this program.

Originally Posted by MeadMaker View Post
    The programs are designed for intermediates, each one is a little different. He suggests running a program for a few cycles then swithching to one of the others, you pick. Intermediate 2 is a typical AB split upper and lower. The others are 2 days a week, and trust me, bumping up 10lbs a week you will need the recovery days.(intermediate 1) He considered these "Dual Factor" programs where you are really hammering yourself for 3 weeks then the real gains come after the "deload recovery" week.

As for whether or not you are ready??? I say if you are bored with the beginner program than give it a shot, start light and you can always go back to his beginner program. I really like #1. I enjoyed the mix of heavy weight low rep for the core exercises and the higher rep assistance.
    Good advice!

I'm surely not an expert, but IMO All Pro wrote the programs in a way he knew would be most beneficial for us. If you change #1 to a split it would no longer be one of his programs.
    Just like in they say in the Beginners program, just do the program or do something else.
    In the post #551 all pro encourages to try #1 as a split so I think it's fine to do that.

In the post #551 all pro encourages to try #1 as a split so I think it's fine to do that.
    I stand corrected. Lot's of good information reading the old posts, to bad I can't remember all of them LOL

For those that might care, below is the question and reply by Al Pro
    Post #551

Originally Posted by surfeatliftsurf View Post

What if you took the setup from intermediate 1 and applied that progression to program 2's split?

Ex:

Monday - Bench, Row, Press, Curls
    Tuesday - Squat, SLDL, Ext., Lying Leg Curls, Calf Raises

Only do the "heavy" work for Bench, Row, Squats. Consider everything else in the "assistance" range.

Would this be too much volume and not enough time to recover prior to the 3x5 days?

REPLY FROM ALL PRO

Now you're thinking. That's exactly what I've been waiting for. Try it. If it isn't all that then you try something else. I'm just giving you a loaded tool box and some very simple instructions. After a while you'll be able to apply this stuff to a lot of different routines that you find interesting. Follow a loading scheme that includes a deload, try to include at least 3 rep ranges. Use 3 core exercises, push, pull, legs and use heavy 5s from 1-3 sets and finish with a 15 rep set. Add in assistance work to cover every core direction in the 10, 15 or 20 rep range. Use a 10 rep set followed by a 20 rep set except for calves and forearms. For those use a 15 rep set followed by 30 rep set.
    Dual factor [fitness/fatigue], mixed qualities, preferably 3 different rep ranges, 3 core lifts in the 5s with high rep finish set. Assistance work in every direction in the 10-15-20 rep range for anaerobic endurance and faster visible size gains. Very high reps for calves and forearms.
    Always have fun and challenge yourself.

My Journal

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had to get in on this thread...

Big fan of All Pro's stuff

I started Intermediate 1 on Wed 4/10. This is my third time running it (not consecutively however)...

I am running this without adding any assistance exercises, although I probably will add some for the second cycle...

Stats - 6'1" 195 lbs. 12% BF

Starting #s

Squat 225
    Bench 185
    BB Row 165
    OHP 95
    RDL 155
    BB Curl 65

Here for motivation and to lift some heavy ass weight...
    Last edited by BeastMode413; 04-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question RE: the exercises in program #2

Could someone clarify the following exercises? They don't seem very specific (tricep press could be anything and hammer grip DB press, is that overhead or flat?)

Tricep press do 2 work sets rep scheme 8-9-10-11-12
    Hammer grip dumb bell press do 2 work sets rep scheme 8-9-10-11-12
    Pull down do 2 work sets rep scheme 8-9-10-11-12

And pull down = lat pull down? So it's 2x arm exercises then chest/back to finish?

Also I probably just missed it - but what are the starting weights for int#2? ?% of 10/5/1rm?
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

He let you choose the tricep press that u prefer but I would pick one with full ROM like overhead tricep press.
    He said Hammer grip dumb bell press is better inclined to work your upper chest
    pull down is for your lats. If you use your biceps too much you can do straight arms pull downs or pull overs.
    The starting weight should be the RM of the rep in the middle of the rep range. So 6RM for squats, 10 RM for curls... but you could start lighter.