Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: >35 car thread

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    It seems to me the universe draws us to what we resist. I mean, not wanting to repeat the mistakes somehow, and don't ask me how, butt somehow.... seems to draw one back to repeating mistakes and all that comes with doing so. It's a flat circle that goes around and around. OK, maybe not a circle butt it's circular. It's not even flat butt I thought that sounded good.

"I don't want to". That's the part. FWIW.

and awesome crazy, ID Dude.

I have to say, while there is a lot of truth in what you say, I dont believe it is absolute. Real change can indeed happen. For me it took a brain injury to change. But I am super interested in the medical use of psychedelics (for therapy) It is a shame we were not allowed to study these for so long, but it looks to hold the key to remapping the brain's pathways. Certainly expanding consciousness.

Originally Posted by DarthCholo View Post
    currently shopping Porsche or C8 as my 3rd car (truck being the 2nd). The daily is below. It's a fund daily driver with a V8 for a few more years before i decide on going full time to a coupe.

]
    Go with an older Turbo S over a new C8. So much more car and your money will be a lot safer. You can probably own it for a few years and lose almost no value. Incredible cars. C8....not really

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Love that color but the non-functional vents need to go....
    Ha! That it one of my biggest pet peeves too! HATE fake vents of any kind on a car!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I have to say, while there is a lot of truth in what you say, I dont believe it is absolute. Real change can indeed happen. For me it took a brain injury to change. But I am super interested in the medical use of psychedelics (for therapy) It is a shame we were not allowed to study these for so long, but it looks to hold the key to remapping the brain's pathways. Certainly expanding consciousness.
    I've spent countless hours learning what I can about this subject. Psychedelics combined with psychotherapy is proving to offer promising successful remedy for a range of treatment resistant afflictions. In a clinical setting and with trained, experienced clinicians or guides or whatever.

Tim Ferris, who I consider an expert on the subject, calls it a nuclear bomb. It's that powerful on the psyche. You don't wanna screw around with that. At least not without rigorous prior scrutiny.

So you'll do your own research, but I will offer MHO that certain types of people typically do not respond positively to a psychedelic experience or trip. In fact, they tend to "trip balls" as the saying goes and u can add that to whatever trauma u already got. And what kinda types u may be wondering, to which I'd reply the controller types. Peeps who always gotta be in control. For those types I recommend looking into hypnotherapy. I'm serious. Much less risk and can be very effective in the right conditions.

SO check out Tim Ferris and what he's got to say aboot psychedelics. The Dude's fully legit.

Back to cars. I roll in a Volvo SUV, so I'm living my internal combustion dreams through my brothers. Frankly, I drive like once a week for shopping and mostly get around on bike. Of course I do still appreciate gasoline generated horsepower.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've spent countless hours learning what I can about this subject. Psychedelics combined with psychotherapy is proving to offer promising successful remedy for a range of treatment resistant afflictions. In a clinical setting and with trained, experienced clinicians or guides or whatever.

Tim Ferris, who I consider an expert on the subject, calls it a nuclear bomb. It's that powerful on the psyche. You don't wanna screw around with that. At least not without rigorous prior scrutiny.

So you'll do your own research, but I will offer MHO that certain types of people typically do not respond positively to a psychedelic experience or trip. In fact, they tend to "trip balls" as the saying goes and u can add that to whatever trauma u already got. And what kinda types u may be wondering, to which I'd reply the controller types. Peeps who always gotta be in control. For those types I recommend looking into hypnotherapy. I'm serious. Much less risk and can be very effective in the right conditions.

SO check out Tim Ferris and what he's got to say aboot psychedelics. The Dude's fully legit.

Back to cars. I roll in a Volvo SUV, so I'm living my internal combustion dreams through my brothers. Frankly, I drive like once a week for shopping and mostly get around on bike. Of course I do still appreciate gasoline generated horsepower.

I had a few Psilocybin experiences in my 20's. Let and indelible impact upon me to this day. Incredible experiences that were had to quantify. But the world someone 'made sense' in such a clear fashion and I was left a different person. I did not realize the profound impact it would have on me, but 30 years later I still look back fondly on those experiences as being some of the most mind expanding of my life. VERY good, but very deep.

I would love to revisit but I am kind of nervous. My sub conscious has a lot of demons that it tries to protect me from. I had never seen a therapist in my life, but after the car accident where I fractured my spine about 5 years ago, I had what could best be described as a 'break down'. My brain connected the sounds and feeling of my car accident with the BIG accident I was in over a decade ago. It just stuffed those things so far down, and my frontal brain injury meant amnesia of some items never returned.

I am not ashamed to admit, it but I had to go for help. I was diagnosed with delayed onset PTSD. As a stress response I was chewing on my hands to the point where I was drawing blood from pretty much everywhere. If someone came up and talked to me, even if I saw them out of the corner of my eye coming, I would scream in terror as soon as they made noise. Getting in a car and driving was very hard since seeing powerlines would trigger a death response. I dont say it a lot because I think the term PTSD is such an overused saying and many people over use it who dont really suffer with the true condition.

I was falling apart and having to tape my hands up to stop chewing them. I thought I was going nuts. But the therapist I saw said that is a really common PTSD symptom. That and people often pull out hair. Soming about creating pain in the body trying to distract one's self.

I went on anti depressants for a few months and started Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It worked very well, and I discontinued anti depressants and moved on with life.

The underlying PTSD is still very much there. I dont fear it, but I respect it. But I would love to connect deeper in my mind and attempt to recover more of the day that changed my life. I feel that I have fully embraced it as the best thing that ever happened to me, but opening up that door might be tough. I can see and feel flashing from time to time, and I have suffered night terrors since the accident that come to visit me in times of greater stress. Pretty intense stuff. Gives me respect for the others that suffer with much greater.

Chaz you seem to bring out the confessional in me. Someday I might run into to you and see what you are really about....

Nothing wrong with a Volvo!

But if you need more powa....just LS swap Saw this at a recent show.

RAW lifts

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is one sweet Swedish low key Assassin!

ID Dude, that's a lot of heavy matter u be excavating. Full props for being so open about your struggles. It takes courage and humility to expose vulnerability and by doing so helps others. News Flash: we're not designed to be perfect. Oh, and it's not ALWAYS a competition. Despite having different mind models and therefore different views on things, we can still support each other in meaningful, constructive ways. OK, u get where I'm coming from.

What an awesome journey you're on, Dude. I think that when u get beyond suffering, u come to discover that it's all simply experience. Or madness but that has it's plusses. Either way, while we control only a fraction, it's enough to create and experience meaning. The rest comes down to luck.

That's it for tonight, brother. You're on your path and u know where to find me.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would love to revisit but I am kind of nervous. My sub conscious has a lot of demons that it tries to protect me from. I had never seen a therapist in my life, but after the car accident where I fractured my spine about 5 years ago, I had what could best be described as a 'break down'. My brain connected the sounds and feeling of my car accident with the BIG accident I was in over a decade ago. It just stuffed those things so far down, and my frontal brain injury meant amnesia of some items never returned.

I am not ashamed to admit, it but I had to go for help.
    My Wife is a licensed clinical therapist and she's accepting new clients. Nothing you say to her would ever get back to me, same confidentiality as Dr./Patient or Attorney/Defendant.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Full props for being so open about your struggles. It takes courage and humility to expose vulnerability and by doing so helps others. ......

What an awesome journey you're on, Dude. I think that when u get beyond suffering, u come to discover that it's all simply experience. Or madness but that has it's plusses. Either way, while we control only a fraction, it's enough to create and experience meaning. The rest comes down to luck.

That's it for tonight, brother. You're on your path and u know where to find me.
    There is something empowering in just owing your weaknesses. My TBI also left me with permanent changes which I had to accept. That taught me a great lesson in the reset. I became a more 'whole' person after as I had a long time of introspection recovering from a brain injury. The hardest part is you cant perceive that there is anything wrong with you. I was so lucky to have my wife, who created me a safe place to recover. She provided a backdrop that put 100% faith in since I realized I was not capable of even some very simple things during recovery.

Anyway, the most challenging events of my life have turned out to be some of the best. I feel lucky to have been through and come out on the other end with new wisdom and perspective. Might be hard to tell here, but it made me a better person, a better friend, a better husband and a better parent.

Truth about the illusion of control for sure. There was nothing different to warn me the day I almost lost my life. But I now live in a way that if I were to die tomorrow, I dont leave issues unresolved with anyone I care for.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    My Wife is a licensed clinical therapist and she's accepting new clients. Nothing you say to her would ever get back to me, same confidentiality as Dr./Patient or Attorney/Defendant.
    I am good. Been 4 years now and I have learned where I need to keep my balance. The tough part is the PTSD is the genie that you cant stuff back in the bottle. It is always there. You learn what feeds it. But you cant avoid what triggers it. (this is my theory). You cant live in fear of it. Instead I try to fill my life with positives to outweigh or overshadow the fears of it. I dont focus on negative things. I dont 'fear' them. That is just giving it more power. I know enough how my body reacts physiologically that I have learned to address issues before they become acute. The mind and the body play an equal role.

I do small exposure therapy on myself and people would have no idea what might be going on. It is pretty insidious. I invite it in full force when I see it. I know it wont kill me and telling it to try just gives me back the control.

It really makes the awesome parts of life even more great. The happiness and joy I feel these days is greater than any depth of emotion that I ever had prior to my head trauma. Emotionally, it is overwhelming, but most times in a really great way. One of the reasons I always try to find the upside in things.....

My saying is 'there is no such thing as a bad day...just some are not as awesome as others..." Might sound silly, but to me it is true!

Thanks for listening to my rant! This weekend, track day prep! Our first event coming off summer break is Wed. Taking out our new 2-eleven for the first time! SUPER excited!!!!
    RAW lifts

Got to do our first track day in the new car we bought out of Vegas. Was a HOT HOT day with air temps of 95+ and dont even want to know what track temps were.

Had and AWESOME time. Even with the heat, I bested by personal best by over 2 seconds vs our previous car. My son did the same as well. I let him go out first and enjoy it. We both took it easy working into the car. I never pushed it's braking limits or truly tested the corners. I was 'stabbing' steering inputs on constant radius corners just to feel what it had in it, and there was quite a bit more on tap!

Little vid of me reeling in a GT3RS (pretty much the apex of track cars). I cant wait to see what this car can do in more normal temps. Being supercharged, the heat is really tough. Even with the big intercooler, I was seeing 160 inlet air temp out there. Car only runs 100oct race fuel for that reason. Preventing detonation on track even as temps build.

@Flex will tell me to have my son cut his hair Balaclava is a must for him or his hair would be in his face under a helmet! Full fire suits and gloves for driving. Was a little rough with the track temps! But safety first.

Me tracking down GT3RS
    CAREFUL!!! Vid is LOUD w/ wind noise!

Last edited by induced_drag; 09-07-2023 at 10:14 AM.
    RAW lifts

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does anyone have a car they never should have sold? I have a couple, but what I really miss is this truck:

I guess we'll never know.

I guess we'll never know.
    holy smokes Dude, keep yur pants on! Nice truck butt why u dragging around what looks like a dildo? And with kids around, ffs.

I'm just messing, Dude, I know it's not a dildo butt since I can't make out what it is, that's the funniest thing that popped in my melon. This probably isn't helping.

Me, I loved my Volvo C30 and wish I never sold it. I fell in love with it the moment I sat in it. I was so comfortable in that car and it was surprisingly swift and nimble. They only made 'em for 5 years as the target market was too small for it to be a sustainable model. It was almost 50k CAD all in & loaded which gave it redonkulous completion with zee German brandz. I test drove everything offered in that range back in 2008, and the C30 was outright lovable. Who says that aboot a mid-level BMW, Audi or Merk? Among the biggest regrets of my amply foolish life...

ahite, who next?

ahite, who next?
    It's beautiful from the front, especially with the wide low profile 17's, from the back it's seriously cringy tho.

I picked up another Sentra today, secondary market is ridiculous where I live, 12 grand for a Honda with 150k is common. 2012 with all the options, 91k, I got him down to $2,800.

I don't want to drive $2,800 cars for the rest of my life but I'm saving for a new barn/garage and this car puts another $4k into that fund. Barn shell is only $20,500, so $4k is nice chunk on that.

I pay cash for everything, it's very frustrating sometimes, you really have to decide between needs and wants.

Still on schedule for new barn.

/rant

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does anyone have a car they never should have sold? I have a couple, but what I really miss is this truck:
    It’s interesting you should mention this . I sold my 78 TransAm and miss it a little , but my biggest regret in life was selling my 84 square body . For some really strange reason I have vivid dreams about it on a regular basis to this day .
    Guess I dun goofed .

I should mention this had 3.73 gears and a four speed standard . If I kept it I would have ditched the 305 sbc , and installed a 454 LS6 . The extra weight would have been very welcome ride quality wise ,not to mention some much needed torque to roll those tires

I used to be very heavy into car audio. I’m an SQ guy .
    The most fun was scratch building door pods and integrating leds into them

I was experimenting with shooting narrow beam leds at my front and rear diff covers before I sold it.
    This was just one red narrow divergence led , but I was going to install about a half dozen hidden inside the bumpers , and have them spray on the pavement off the chrome diff covers , and do the same up front , but with amber leds . Thought it would look kind of sick at night
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 09-10-2023 at 08:36 PM.
    Make Misc great again

It's beautiful from the front, especially with the wide low profile 17's, from the back it's seriously cringy tho.

I picked up another Sentra today, secondary market is ridiculous where I live, 12 grand for a Honda with 150k is common. 2012 with all the options, 91k, I got him down to $2,800.

I don't want to drive $2,800 cars for the rest of my life but I'm saving for a new barn/garage and this car puts another $4k into that fund. Barn shell is only $20,500, so $4k is nice chunk on that.

I pay cash for everything, it's very frustrating sometimes, you really have to decide between needs and wants.

Still on schedule for new barn.

/rant
    Right on, Dude. On the other side of frustration is the knowledge that you remain vigilant in adhering to the values that keep you from debt. More than enough to override the occasional frustration, anyway.

Wants are often fleeting. Needs are big picture value as you clearly know. While in your Sentra, which I hope to God has A/C.

MajorT! That's a damn tight looking '84 you parted with. I'm starting to feel a little less bad aboot the loss of my beloved C30.

and Bando, the back was the best part of that car! It was like a smiley. To me, anyway.

@bando, Toyota truck run forever (literally). That is if they still have a body on them living in the rust belt . Old gen Toyota pickups hold a dear place in my heart. Really any year Toyota pickup.
    I am getting ready to move on from my 17 year old Nissan Titan Pickup. I bought it new, but think it might be about time for me to modernize. I feel a little silly that I am pulling a trailer now that is worth significantly more than the truck pulling it I dont know what I am looking for, but going to start shopping. I dont really even want to do it, but at some point I figure I should be looking.

@majorT That is a cool truck. Just iconic GMC. Looks like it was in great shape. Those used to rust out in only a few years up north. Seen plenty of swiss cheese beds back in the day on them. Such a nice example. I can see why you miss it!

@chazz. The volvo thing is cool. Always appreciated their reserved design language. They always look good in silver as well...even going way back. When they first came out with their SUV I liked it. But you can always tell a volvo for sure. If I didnt know better, I might think you were a car guy with the nice set of pics.
    RAW lifts

your Sentra, which I hope to God has A/C.
    I does but it doesn't work. I'm window down arm out guy anywhey.

Nice truck butt why u dragging around what looks like a dildo? And with kids around, ffs.
    Had to think about it, it's my Daughter's little pink fishing pole

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a Nissan Frontier with nearly 200k miles on it

@bando, Toyota truck run forever (literally). That is if they still have a body on them living in the rust belt . Old gen Toyota pickups hold a dear place in my heart. Really any year Toyota pickup.
    I am getting ready to move on from my 17 year old Nissan Titan Pickup. I bought it new, but think it might be about time for me to modernize. I feel a little silly that I am pulling a trailer now that is worth significantly more than the truck pulling it I dont know what I am looking for, but going to start shopping. I dont really even want to do it, but at some point I figure I should be looking.
    That was my 3rd Toyota truck, each one that I owned I sold for more than I paid. The 2nd one (Tacoma) was subjected to the frame recall, I paid $2,150 for it and Toyota paid $10,500 to get it back. Nice payday but I loved that truck.

I wouldn't feel silly driving an old pickup, if a guy rolls up to do a job for me in a brand new $80K "work" truck then I automatically assume he has no common sense. Newer nice big trucks are a real status symbol where I live, if you can afford it that's fine, but there's a lotta guys who claim they "need" an 80K truck to haul around a ladder and some tools, that's BS IMO.

That was my 3rd Toyota truck, each one that I owned I sold for more than I paid. The 2nd one (Tacoma) was subjected to the frame recall, I paid $2,150 for it and Toyota paid $10,500 to get it back. Nice payday but I loved that truck.

I wouldn't feel silly driving an old pickup, if a guy rolls up to do a job for me in a brand new $80K "work" truck then I automatically assume he has no common sense. Newer nice big trucks are a real status symbol where I live, if you can afford it that's fine, but there's a lotta guys who claim they "need" an 80K truck to haul around a ladder and some tools, that's BS IMO.
    I dont feel 'silly' driving anything. But I just keep the truck around to pull my car trailer and lowes runs. I put 1500 miles on it last year. It is not nice enough for me to go to a business meeting in. Impressions do matter to potential clients who are looking to build multi-million dollar homes. Showing up in an 17 year old work truck is not exactly ideal. We also keep around our KIA suv (which up to this point I have refused to sell since I like it so much). I drive it quite a bit. My wife drives a Tesla Model X but that is not practical for long trips w/ charging. Do-able, but not what I want to deal with. So we still take the Kia on family trips.

My thoughts are get rid of my old truck, and the Kia, and get a nice crew cab newer truck and then get a nice weather proof tonneau cover. Then family trips can happen in the new truck and towing etc. AND get rid of one extra vehicle. I dont work out of a truck any longer, so I can actually keep something a little nice vs full of mud...etc.

17 years is the longest I think I have owned a vehicle. I would keep it if I needed a work truck. Only has 125k miles. But I think I am ready to move on from it into something more modern. The nice thing is the modern trucks have all upped their pulling game.

Not sure what type of truck I am going to get. I have a buddy who is a dealer and just going to have him help me with it.
    RAW lifts

My thoughts are get rid of my old truck....Only has 125k miles.
    If you private party sell it, can you pm a couple pics and a number you have in mind? I'm guessing you meticulously maintain your vehicles and it's got more Carolina mud than rust. I don't like the idea of not having something with a hitch in the driveway. Worth $600 shipping charge for rust free and good history.

If you private party sell it, can you pm a couple pics and a number you have in mind? I'm guessing you meticulously maintain your vehicles and it's got more Carolina mud than rust. I don't like the idea of not having something with a hitch in the driveway. Worth $600 shipping charge for rust free and good history.
    Yea, synthetic oil every 5k miles. No rust at all. As clean underneath as a new car. Interior is like brand new except for drivers seat has a small tear where I slide in and out. I put big rubber mats in from day one. Floor of truck and OEM mats look new. Car just needs a detail.
    Going to let my buddy sell it who is a car dealer. We are going to 'horse' trade a few things. I have an extra race car (have 3 track cars at the moment....kinda by accident ) that he wants. An opportunity to buy an awesome car came up out of tampa a couple weeks ago so I hooked up my trailer and shot down there and picked it up.

It is a fully caged car and since it is for my son, I just feel better about it and it is a really awesome build. So I am in excess of 'track' cars right now, so swapping towards a truck will work out pretty well. Nice to have good friends...but they usually get me in trouble!
    RAW lifts

Been continuing with the car craziness. This past weekend, my son and I pulled the motor we built for what was going to be his track car. We are going to put this motor and trans in the 'new' track car we bought.

After I pulled the motor, we put it up on the lift to keep it out of the way while we get ready to pull the other motor and trans......

I have gone a little overboard with the track stuff. This one we are building for my son should be a monster. About 430 hp out of 1.8 l motor. Dry sump oil system, with supercharger, forged pistions, cams, upgraded valve train...etc. Full 6 speed close ratio sequential transmission. (you dont life the clutch to shift, you just 'bang' it. Nasty trans and tons of wonderful gear whine from the straight cut gears.

It is our focus now that we have the other car which is fully sorted and just needs to be run!

RAW lifts

Yea, synthetic oil every 5k miles. No rust at all. As clean underneath as a new car. Interior is like brand new except for drivers seat has a small tear where I slide in and out. I put big rubber mats in from day one. Floor of truck and OEM mats look new. Car just needs a detail.
    OK so you wanna sell me your truck...

Going to let my buddy sell it who is a car dealer.
    Nope.

I like you Bro but once in awhile I see why other people don't.

I like you Bro but once in awhile I see why other people don't.
    Yea, I am not the flavor of quite a few But IRL, I try to help others out. The dealer friend of mine, is literally a guy I met a few years back when I bought a car from him for my wife. He just struck me as a good guy and we talked more about life than the car I was buying at the time. I have helped him out quite a bit. Actually I have changed his life in a very good way. It feels good to be able to help others and have an impact on their lives and the lives of their family.

Anyway, he helps me out now. My truck thing is tough. I need it, until I get a new one. I dont know when I am getting a new one until I find the one I want. Giving him my truck is just 'easy'. I like easy as I keep myself distracted with too many things lately. I need simple for some things. I actually was not even thinking about another truck, but he wants the 'extra' race car I have so we came up with the idea over chicken wing lunch. (he is my buddy that will go eat wings with me so we catch up from time to time for lunch). BAD things happen over lunch .
    RAW lifts

Yea, I am not the flavor of quite a few But IRL, I try to help others out. The dealer friend of mine, is literally a guy I met a few years back when I bought a car from him for my wife. He just struck me as a good guy and we talked more about life than the car I was buying at the time. I have helped him out quite a bit. Actually I have changed his life in a very good way. It feels good to be able to help others and have an impact on their lives and the lives of their family.

Anyway, he helps me out now. My truck thing is tough. I need it, until I get a new one. I dont know when I am getting a new one until I find the one I want. Giving him my truck is just 'easy'. I like easy as I keep myself distracted with too many things lately. I need simple for some things. I actually was not even thinking about another truck, but he wants the 'extra' race car I have so we came up with the idea over chicken wing lunch. (he is my buddy that will go eat wings with me so we catch up from time to time for lunch). BAD things happen over lunch .
    Is your Daughter still in the CC? I'll never buy VW again.

I would look at those newer 4 cylinder full size trucks, I have 2 cousins and one friend that own them and they're always raving about the mileage and how they tow just fine. I think it's two GMC's and one Chevy, all 3 of of them are beautiful.

Is your Daughter still in the CC? I'll never buy VW again.

I would look at those newer 4 cylinder full size trucks, I have 2 cousins and one friend that own them and they're always raving about the mileage and how they tow just fine. I think it's two GMC's and one Chevy, all 3 of of them are beautiful.
    Yep. Been a great little car. (but I bought it with only 32k miles on it). At high miles they start to have typical "german" issues. Lots of electronics start failing. Adaptive headlights, ABS sensors, all kinds of stuff. But it is a great car, but would never have a high mile one.

Not sure I am sold on the 4cyl trucks, but that is the direction things are going. I am actually thinking I might go diesel. We will regularly be towing 8-9k lobs. My Titan tows pretty nicely. Towing a loaded trailer back from Tampa I got 13mpg going 70-75 the whole way. Not all that bad. They did make a good V8 for sure.
    RAW lifts

Not sure I am sold on the 4cyl trucks, but that is the direction things are going. I am actually thinking I might go diesel. We will regularly be towing 8-9k lobs. My Titan tows pretty nicely. Towing a loaded trailer back from Tampa I got 13mpg going 70-75 the whole way. Not all that bad. They did make a good V8 for sure.
    I worked at the Nissan Plant in TN, had a version of their full sized truck built on the pathfinder frame. It had something like 298K but since it was literally the factory that built it I would just pull it in and get a new control arm or whatever. We had a smaller one that had 1,118,000 miles, the seats were just springs.

I replaced batteries from lease returns, so I would load up 150-200 batteries on a trailer and slug them through deep slippery mud, that damn Nissan never flinched. 150 car batteries are pretty fuking heavy, wish Nissan still made a full sized truck.

@busta. How did car ever turn out? Was hanging out with a buddy this weekend with a C7. Made me think of you.

I have been knee deep in speedy-dry (oil absorbing compound) the past few days. In less than a week we pulled 2 motors and now have 2nd car almost back together. New motor is in car. I got all the wiring done over the weekend and hooking up dry sump.

Trying to take a crash course on tuning software. The car runs an aftermarket stand-alone ECU so I will have to make tuning adjustments to the car. Normally you need a tuning shop and dyno for these kinds of things, but I have always wanted to learn engine tuning. I am a pretty quick study and taking a crash course in it. The good news is the current tune on ECU should be very close and it gives me quite a head start.

Went out early sat morn to grab some donuts and drive my yellow car. I have not driven it in a few weeks and those cars really need to be run every so often. Got caught in the rain on the way back. (I dont normally drive the car in the rain). So now I have a full cleaning ahead of myself. Wheels are the toughest part about getting caught in the rain. Takes a good while to get everything clean after. (mainly on the inside of rims...etc.) Came back and snapped a cool picl Can just see bit of steam coming out of the head lights. The front heat exchangers draw air thought the headlight area as well as below.

Any other 'car' people out there. Wish IronWill was still around. He had some cool interest in cars also. Feel free to share!

RAW lifts

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am nowhere near the level of gearhead that I_D is, but I was pretty proud of myself for replacing the windshield washer pump on my Z06 yesterday.

Got the replacement pump on Amazon for $20, and it took me about an hour.

Had to pull the wheel off and partially remove the well liner. No biggie though.

A colleague got he same job done on his Tahoe last week, same exact part, and they charged him $400.

Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I am nowhere near the level of gearhead that I_D is, but I was pretty proud of myself for replacing the windshield washer pump on my Z06 yesterday.

Got the replacement pump on Amazon for $20, and it took me about an hour.

Had to pull the wheel off and partially remove the well liner. No biggie though.

A colleague got he same job done on his Tahoe last week, same exact part, and they charged him $400.
    That is great. It is cool to jump in and knock some things out. At the end of the day it is all nuts and bolts. I have just always taken stuff apart. I went MANY years without messing with cars. But pretty much anything I ever got as a kid, I took apart. It just continues with cars these days for me.

I am finding myself trying to arrange my working out around getting enough garage time. I feel kind of guilty about it but working out does not really excite me lately.

WTF is a windshield washer bottle anyway? I dont even know where my windshield wiper controls are in the car. Had to figure it out when I got caught in the rain over the weekend. J/K, I know you actually drive your cars! Good for you. Enjoy it!
    RAW lifts

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    @busta. How did car ever turn out? Was hanging out with a buddy this weekend with a C7. Made me think of you.
    I finally had the front splitter installed. I've been so damn busy at work I haven't even had a chance to get the car detailed for a good photo shoot. Tax season will be over in three weeks; so looking forward to some down time.

It's been around 100 degrees or higher for like two months straight, so detailing myself is not something I really want to do. Hope the weather cools a bit soon.

Anyway, I did grab a quick pic of the splitter from the side. I'll get a full shoot up soon!