Closed Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit
    Sounds like you had a great workout, Jag. May I suggest you try dropping your roman chairs to a set of twenty and then trying for a second set, rather than only one set of 25?

I'm doing three sets of 25 reps on the roman chairs.

jag
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    D'oh!

sorry about that, man - it's past my bedtime

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    D'oh!

sorry about that, man - it's past my bedtime

No worries. If I was only doing one set of 25 it would have been a good suggestion.

jag

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jtroster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jag,

Bummer not getting that new tat. I was looking forward to seeing it.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Originally Posted by jtroster
    Jag,

Bummer not getting that new tat. I was looking forward to seeing it.
    I'll get it done this coming Saturday, so you won't have to wait too long to see it. Today is legs and shoulders day. I shall embrace the pain. LOL!

jag

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Better you than me on the legs. Mine are so sore! Have fun.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

6-20-05: Legs & Shoulders - 3x6 Config

Shut Up, Fattie!!!! (Part Deux)

Today, I had to listen to Jabba talk about how she WOULD go outside for a walk, but she didn't sleep very good last night and her foot hurts and it's 90 degrees outside, anyway...for THREE freakin' hours! She kept bringing it up! So the guy I helped out last week (the one that Jabba was dispensing advice to that I put on the right course) comes by my cube and goes "Can you believe her? She should just get out there and do it for crying out loud!". So I say "Go ask her if she's an AmeriCAN or an AmeriCAN'T." He totally lost it and started laughing and walking to her cube and then asked her that as loud as he possibly could! LOL! I've created a monster. Jabba went for a walk, by the way. It was the quietest 45 minutes we had in the office all day.

The Workout

I kicked some big booty today! This is my second week back at the heavy weight following those two weeks of 4x10's and the benefits of that periodization approach really showed up today. I added weight to pretty much all my lifts today:

BB Squats - W/Up Set 1 - 165x10/ W/Up Set 2 - 235x8/ Set 1 - 300x6/ Set 2 - 310x6/ Set 3 - 320x6 - I got a nice warmup in and then picked up at 300 where I left off last week. I wound up at 320 on my last set and got 6 solid reps out of it to boot. This was a new personal best for me in my working sets and I did it without jacking my back up like I've done the last couple of times I've gotten over 315. Whooo!

Calf Raises - BW + 100 lbs. using the Grizzly Belt @ 3x15 - Kept these at 15 reps. It seems to be just the right rep count for these at this time.

Leg Extensions - Set 1- 150x6/ Set 2- 150x6/ Set 3- 150x6 - So, I've been stuck at 135 lbs on these for awhile, mostly because I couldn't figure out a way to get 140 on my leg extension bar, so I said screw it today and jumped up to 150. To my surprise, I got all 6 reps on each set with the added 15 lbs.. I felt like Godzilla!

Leg Curls - Set 1 - 125x5/ Set 2-125x5/ Set 3-125x5 - Added five pounds to my working set on these and got five reps on each set. My gains on this one have been slow so I was surprised that I did this. Wow!

Military Press - W/Up Set 1 - 95x8/ W/Up Set 2 - 95xx6/ Set 1 - 135x6/ Set 2 - 140x5/ Set 3- 140x4 - I set a new PB in my working sets of 140 on my last round of these. I was able to do 140 for two sets today. I ALMOST got a fifth rep on the last set but couldn't quite squeeze it out. I'm feeling good about these.

Upright BB Rows - Set 1 - 120x6/ Set 2 - 125 x 6/ Set 3 - 130 x 6 -- Up five pounds from last week on these.

Standing Side Lateral Raise - 3x6 on Each set @ 45 lbs on each DB - Up five pounds on each DB!

Forearm DB Curl - 3x6 @ 45 lbs. - Up five pounds on these as well. These felt good. Got a nice stretch out of them, today.

Weighted V-Ups- 25 lbs. + BW - 3x20 -- The return of the dreaded Weighted V-Ups to my ab workouts. These things had me in so much pain today, LOL! I decided I was going to keep switching my ab routine around on a weekly basis just to keep it interesting, since my abs adapt to exercises quicker than the rest of my body parts.

Swiss Ball Crunches - 3x25 - The Swiss are evil. They must be destroyed.

So, I think the periodization of 4x10's for a couple of weeks is now starting to realize some benefits. After getting used to the heavier weight again last week, my body seems to be taking to the heavy weights again. I'm hesitant to say that the upped dosage of 4 caps of Kre-Alkalyn every day is making a difference, but it may be a factor as well. I'll be keeping an eye on my progress. I was very happy with my workout tonight, though.

Tomorrow I call the tat guy and get booked for Saturday. Hopefully he's not booked up already. I'm ready to "Git 'er dun!"

Smile, people. Monday's almost over!

jag

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Remynds Me Of...

Good workout kyd...

I thynk we should've took measurements and stuff before taking the Kre-Alkalyn... I know it worked in 3 days for me... and I know I dropped 10 pounds without it.. even tho being syck didn't help... ... Oh well, I'm back on it.. let's see what happens... You didn't experience any weight gain??

As for your boy... he remynds me of me... I've alwayz had that attitude of - "Fuggit, see what happens!" .. but also, "What they gonna do to me?" ... I'm known for saying and doing almost anythyng... I just can't resyst most dares...

Anywayz.. I'm gonna hit the gym, I'm not 100%, but I'm overdue for a leg workout too...

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hopefully Jabba didn't walk to her lawyer's office and file a harrassment charge - from what you've described, she sounds like the type who'd sue when she hears a truth that she doesn't want to hear.

Great job on the squats and leg extensions - heck, great job on the whole darn workout!

Thanks, gents. It was definitely a great workout.

kimsquit, I'm not too worried about her getting wound up over the comment my coworker made. She tries to hard to be "one of the guys" and seems to be pretty concerned with what everyone thinks of her. She did laugh, to her credit, and did get off her ass and go for her walk. Hell, we probably saved her damn life! We're freakin' heros!

jag

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's what I was thinking -- at least you guys got Jabba to take her walk!

Great workout, jag! Have fun with the tattoo getting. You're making me want to go get my belly button re-pierced. I had that done when I got my tattoo, but then let it grow back together a few years later.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks, Hibby. I'm really excited about the tattoo. I think it's going to turn out very cool. Maybe you could get your belly-button piereced as a treat for yourself after your competition? I feel sorry for the piercer, though, having to thread a needle through the steel kung-fu grip of your GI Joe belly-button.

Dawg, I haven't seen any huge change in muscle size from the Kre-Alk. In the last week or so, since I've started taking 4 caps, I'm just now starting to see a slight difference, but nothing major, so measurements beforehand wouldn't have reflected much of a dramatic change.

My shoulders are completely shredded this morning from last night's workout. Man are they sore! LOL! They haven't been this sore in a long time. I really hit 'em hard, yesterday, and they're letting me know it today. Gotta love it!

Happy Tuesday, folks!
    jag

ardrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

put up or shut up

this is for me jag. I got me a pull up bar fixed and a dip bar. Now I can shut up and do my dips. I tried doing a dip today, found out how weak I was. I will be able to do them but not many at all, something like two or three to start with. Oh, I got my weights and bench for fathers day, did chest and triceps yesterday

Sore, its a good feeling ant it? I'm just a little sore from chest yesterday but not much. I've got a long way to go to get in shape. I stepped on the scales this morning at 185 lb, when I started 8 weeks ago, was at 175 lb. The creatine has put a lot of weight on me, think I will go off it and just use more protein.

Jag, do you use creatine?

Thumbs up

Heya, ardrock! That's outstanding! Dips and pullups are two great core exercises. Keep doing 'em and you'll definitely get stronger. Now you need to get yourself a journal set up and start tracking your workouts.

As for creatine, I'm taking the Kre-Alkalyn form of it, but I'm not much of a responder to the stuff (never have been). I decided to try the Kre-Alk because a lot of people who don't respond to regular creatine have seen results. I did the suggested dosage for almost a month and didn't really see any benefits. I stepped up the dosage to 4 caps per day instead of the suggested 3 caps after reading about folks who weren't seeing any benefit until they upped their intake to 4 per day. I did that about five days ago and I might be seeing a slight change as a result but the jury is still out since I also came off of a periodization phase and changed up to a much better multi-vitamin all at about the same time. I'll have to continue with some more trials to see if it's really the creatine making a slight difference or not.

Good job, man! Get that journal started, now!

jag

ardrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jaguarr
    Heya, ardrock! That's outstanding! Dips and pullups are two great core exercises. Keep doing 'em and you'll definitely get stronger. Now you need to get yourself a journal set up and start tracking your workouts.

As for creatine, I'm taking the Kre-Alkalyn form of it, but I'm not much of a responder to the stuff (never have been). I decided to try the Kre-Alk because a lot of people who don't respond to regular creatine have seen results. I did the suggested dosage for almost a month and didn't really see any benefits. I stepped up the dosage to 4 caps per day instead of the suggested 3 caps after reading about folks who weren't seeing any benefit until they upped their intake to 4 per day. I did that about five days ago and I might be seeing a slight change as a result but the jury is still out since I also came off of a periodization phase and changed up to a much better multi-vitamin all at about the same time. I'll have to continue with some more trials to see if it's really the creatine making a slight difference or not.

Good job, man! Get that journal started, now!

jag

I printed off an exercise journal form shapefit.com and have my weights and rep recorded the last couple times. Can you suggest a good site or do you just make your own paper journal.

Originally Posted by ardrock
    I printed off an exercise journal form shapefit.com and have my weights and rep recorded the last couple times. Can you suggest a good site or do you just make your own paper journal.
    I bought a regular, little paper journal with lined paper and keep my workout logs in that while I am working out. I also have this thread that I transfer that info to, along with any accompanying thoughts about that workout that I want to capture. Nothing fancy. Gets the job done, though.

jag

Thumbs up New Ink

Well, the appointment is made for this Saturday. The new jag gets put on my right shoulder blade. This will kick off a much needed week off from the weights after hitting it hard the last 9 weeks. I'm excited about this!

jag

If you can, take some photos of the tat in progress

If you can, take some photos of the tat in progress

Oh, my wife will be doing a full photo-documentary of it as it goes on. She did this with the first jag I had put on six months ago. Heh!

jag

freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50) freedom_myth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jaguarr
    I bought a regular, little paper journal with lined paper and keep my workout logs in that while I am working out. I also have this thread that I transfer that info to, along with any accompanying thoughts about that workout that I want to capture. Nothing fancy. Gets the job done, though.jag
    it would be really nice to be able to upload Excel workout sheets instead of having to go to lengths to convert word (.doc). the original excel sheet would let others see and understand the program or workout day, and most importantly, download it and make their own custom changes to it with ease. IMO i think it would be a perfect addition to be able to post workouts and routines in formats like this :-)

Well, the appointment is made for this Saturday. The new jag gets put on my right shoulder blade. This will kick off a much needed week off from the weights after hitting it hard the last 9 weeks. I'm excited about this!

Very cool! Have a happy Wednesday, jag!

Originally Posted by freedom_myth
    it would be really nice to be able to upload Excel workout sheets instead of having to go to lengths to convert word (.doc). the original excel sheet would let others see and understand the program or workout day, and most importantly, download it and make their own custom changes to it with ease. IMO i think it would be a perfect addition to be able to post workouts and routines in formats like this :-)
    It would be nice for folks to be able to exhange those Excel based workout logs, but given the propensity of Microsoft Office programs to propagate VB virii and malicious macros, I doubt any board administrator in their right mind would allow transference of such potentially wicked files and documentation.

I just reread what I wrote above...I'm starting to type like Don King!

jag

Cool Happy Hump Day!

Hey, it's Hump Day! Everyone be happy!

It's a beautiful day here. The sun is out and it's supposed to be in the mid-90's, which is a little hot for my tastes. I'll limit my time outside and keep the fan and the water going when I hit chest and tri's day following a much needed haircut after work. I'm feeling pretty good, actually. My shoulder isn't bothering me a whole lot and I'm not feeling too run down, except for the effects of my allergies really hittng me. It's about time for a trip to the allergist to get the scratch test done and see what the hell is going on with me. At least 60-75% of the time, I'm itchy in varying degrees and get a strange redness on my skin where I scratch, sometimes resulting in what looks like welts (they fade away pretty quickly), and it sometimes sets off my asthma and/or swells up my throat a little bit. I also tend to have major sneezing attacks every morning, lately. It's come and gone for over a year now, and I'd hoped that quitting smoking would stop it but apparently not. I've been through about every single thing I come into contact with (vitamins & supplements, cosmetics, food, detergents) one by one, trying to figure out what causes this. So far I've only discovered that peanut oil and certain hairsprays will trigger it. I've even tested the potential problem of pet dander (we have a dog and a cat) when being gone on week long trips and still suffered it. So, after the new jag tattoo heals up a bit, I'll get in and do the scratch test and see if we can figure out what the deal is. I have to think that when my allergies spike like that, it can't be helping my strength levels since it's an attack on the immune system. I'll get it figured out, but it can be damn frustrating in the meantime. Anyone else have severe allergies?

jag

Enormous Green Rage Mnstr GSCampbell's Avatar
    GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jag, you're killing me here!

That Don King comment made me laugh out loud - people at work think I'm nuts - just sitting at my desk laughing.
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Location, Location, Location..

Yeah, you can tell when he's at work.. he tries to use big words...

Sorry I can't say anythyng... I've never been allergic to anythyng...

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

I'm Going To Get Hate Mail...

I would just like to say that the best part of being on a bulking diet is....cheesecake! Mmmmmm! LOL!

jag

Potato Head.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jag tatoo? Where would you put a tatoo of a car. 2 door, 4 door, vert, classic V-12....which one? Color?

Really...................

Originally Posted by Baldsnake
    Jag tatoo? Where would you put a tatoo of a car. 2 door, 4 door, vert, classic V-12....which one? Color?

Really...................

Not a car. This:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/Jag-Tat1.jpg

Actually, this is the one I already have. I'll be getting this flipped over and put on my right shoulder and done as a black jaguar (dark blues/greys/purples) instead of the orangish-brownish one I already have.

jag, a Potato Head, apparently...

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well excuuuse me!! Awsome ink!! You are automaticly dropped one position on the stage....but who GAF.
    Old Baldy always had a little ink that covered up well in competition days. So when I retired I added, and added, and added. I have a bald eagle that size or larger covering 90% of one pec. I love the 3D shadows. Hmmmm. my eagle with shadows.....hmmmmm.