Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500)
    Starting to obviously be a troll. 80g of protein would be sufficient if you ate enough fat to go along with it. Fat is the most muscle-sparing of the macronutrients on a cut.

garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Mikelh View Post
    You are quite possibly the biggest ******* of all time. You haven't read a single one of MegaManny's posts in its entirety, its obvious. Plus, you said you werent even counting calories while on IF.. so how the fuk do yo know you if you're even in a surplus? Strong incompetent retard

EDIT: ^wizard..megamanny94
    Typical cut lifestyle
    brb only one slice of bread with chicken patty
    brb only eat half of my fries
    brb eating only baked chips at lunch
    brb go home and be careful what i ate
    brb never finishing my food to prevent overeating
    brb no snacks
    brb miserable most of the day

V.S
    typical IF lifestyle
    brb eating all of my lunch
    brb eating all my fries
    brb eating more things at lunch
    brb eating w/e the fuk i want with no worries
    brb if i see a snack i like i buy and eat
    brb eating mcdonalds in peace
    brb satisfied

I never counted calories but i would always think about what i ate that day and estimate the calories and round to the closest number and add, and i would always make sure i didnt eat below maintanence although i probably would a few days out of the week

RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by garythesnail View Post
    wheres everyone at now?
    i want my answer
    this guy gives all you greens a bad name.

The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IF>>>>IIFYM IMO

but garythesnail is making all IFers look bad

SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MEDITATE View Post
    everyone, duh, healthier,less stress on your pancreas, wont grow insulin senstivity on the long run, wont stress your thyroid grands, wont stress your everything.

want me to keep going?
    This... Did IF for a few months and went from 18% to 12% while keeping same weight but then hit a plateau and bf started slowly increasing again. I really like IF convenience but smaller frequent meals seems to be more consistent long term wise

garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100) garythesnail is not very well liked. (-100)
    idk why your typing all that so ima respond to the only neccesary ones

i never said im against or pro IIFYM i dont even lift anymore so i dont even pay attention to it

im 161 lbs right now you do the math

Originally Posted by The Debonaire View Post
    IF>>>>IIFYM IMO

but garythesnail is making all IFers look bad
    i give up
    everyone fails to see the point im trying to make and just decided to suk each others dicks

RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000) RightKindaGuy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by rapxiii View Post
    ^ she understood it better than most of you guys did.. mind=blown
    yes she did.

and you are dropping knowledge bombs all over this thread. props to you mate.

MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MegaManny94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you would gain to much fat to counteract the fat burning from IF
    you fail

Ive tried to cut traditionally many tries with many attempts and i was barely ever hungry with IF.my first meal of the day was always at 12 even before IF and i would usualy stop eating around 10 with something small to eat if i got hungry again. and i know the foods i were eating while on IF and theres no way i could maintain a low caloric intake with it

if you call 50-80g of protein sufficent then i guess so.
    I stopped lifting 1 month into IF and i did no cardio whatsoever so i dont see how tv and miscing can burn a suffcient amount of calories

Lyle McDonald has talked about this. Usually, when people try to argue against the energy balance equation, it's simply because they have either VASTLY overestimated how much they eat or underestimated how much they eat. There has NEVER been a well designed study where caloric intake was strictly monitored that denied the validity of the energy balance equation. Ever. He went on to say how anecdotal evidence used by people deserves absolutely no attention because as studies have shown, obese people usually underestimate how much they eat and underweight individuals usually overestimate how much they eat. There's a significant psychological aspect to dieting that you are clearly denying. It is quite clear that you are horribly overestimating how much you ate. You have provided no evidence except for your baseless anecdotal evidence and horribly flawed understanding of human physiology.

on that note, I have to go to work. I sincerely hope you realize that you are wrong. Everyone in this thread is just trying to help you (srs)

steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelmagnum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im currently doing IF. I think the biggest advantage is it mitigates minor caloric overdoses. Like if I eat 100-200 calories more than I should a couple times a week, it wont really derail my progress.

The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Debonaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RightKindaGuy View Post
    this guy gives all you greens a bad name.
    welcome to the club

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It is just more convenient then small meals. IF allows you to have a life. On other diets it is incredibly frustrating to only eat a meat and cheese roll while all of your friends are having a cheese burger. Cutting the first 1000 Cals out of my day and just adding an extra 250 to dinner. That is still 750 Less then I was eating before. On a traditional diet I get miserable cutting 500 each day.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

You know what lemme just get right to the point
    The Real Cliffs of IF
    - fast for 16 hours a day
    - the fat burning process starts around the 14th hour and continues until the 16th hour when you decided to eat
    - when humans were hunter gatherers food wasnt available 24/7 and they were fortunate some days
    - there bodies adapted to this long fasting period to help preserve there muscle mass
    - there bodies used fat as energy instead of muscle

Additional Cliffs
    - During IF you arent allowed to eat more than 50 calories
    - If you do eat more than 50 calories during the fast then the fasting period is over with

If you think that intermittent fasting is just so you can prevent yourself from over-eating, then try to disprove me by interrupting the fasting period and tell me if your results end up the same

Originally Posted by MegaManny94 View Post
    Lyle McDonald has talked about this. Usually, when people try to argue against the energy balance equation, it's simply because they have either VASTLY overestimated how much they eat or underestimated how much they eat. There has NEVER been a well designed study where caloric intake was strictly monitored that denied the validity of the energy balance equation. Ever. He went on to say how anecdotal evidence used by people deserves absolutely no attention because as studies have shown, obese people usually underestimate how much they eat and underweight individuals usually overestimate how much they eat. There's a significant psychological aspect to dieting that you are clearly denying. It is quite clear that you are horribly overestimating how much you ate. You have provided no evidence except for your baseless anecdotal evidence and horribly flawed understanding of human physiology.

on that note, I have to go to work. I sincerely hope you realize that you are wrong. Everyone in this thread is just trying to help you (srs)
    do you think it is possible or impossible to gain muscle while on IF?

i think we have a winner

rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you think it is possible or impossible to gain muscle while on IF?
    it is possible to gain muscle while on IF. Do u even know what body recomp means in bodybuilding?
    Haters gonna hate. Come at me bro!
    **Misc Cologne Crew**
    **Raw Denim Crew**
    **Intermittent Fasting Crew**
    **Extreme Dips Crew**
    **IIFYM Crew**

why wont anyone dare to combat me? of course IF+ caloric deficit is a win but a deificit is not needed im trying to tell you and if you think im wrong, then i dare you to interrupt the fasting period with a food greater than 50 calories and tell me if your progress doesnt slow down

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Real Cliffs of IF
    - the fat burning process starts around the 14th hour and continues until the 16th hour when you decided to eat
    - when humans were hunter gatherers food wasnt available 24/7 and they were fortunate some days
    - there bodies adapted to this long fasting period to help preserve there muscle mass

Additional Cliffs
    - If you do eat more than 50 calories during the fast then the fasting period is over with

If you think that intermittent fasting is just so you can prevent yourself from over-eating, then try to disprove me by interrupting the fasting period and tell me if your results end up the same
    IF is good because it works for some people to remain consistent with their diets. Otherwise, it has no magical benefits assuming you're eating at the same caloric/macro level as you would other diets.

And yes i've tried several diets including IF for several months at a time and they all worked well for me since I remained at a consistent deficit. My favorite is to simply carb-cycle because I like eating several times throughout the day. I didn't lose or gain anything between eating throughout the day vs. when I fasted 16 hours a day expect for a better mental state.
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Typical cut lifestyle
    brb only one slice of bread with chicken patty
    brb only eat half of my fries
    brb eating only baked chips at lunch
    brb go home and be careful what i ate
    brb never finishing my food to prevent overeating
    brb no snacks
    brb miserable most of the day

V.S
    typical IF lifestyle
    brb eating all of my lunch
    brb eating all my fries
    brb eating more things at lunch
    brb eating w/e the fuk i want with no worries
    brb if i see a snack i like i buy and eat
    brb eating mcdonalds in peace
    brb satisfied

I never counted calories but i would always think about what i ate that day and estimate the calories and round to the closest number and add, and i would always make sure i didnt eat below maintanence although i probably would a few days out of the week

brb dont give one single fuk

Seriously dude, 90% of your post has nothing to do with what I said. Im not hating on IF, I haven't done it before because I tend to be a grazer, and I usually like to eat right when I wake up, don't like training fasted, etc. But if you like the lifestyle, by all means, do it. I couldn't care less what you do. But, all of that is completely unrelated to what I was talking about. All I was saying is that without accurately tracking calories, you can't claim that you are eating in a surplus and losing weight. Stop spewing bullshyt comments, read the fuking posts people are making, and stop being a little ******* trying to win nonexistent arguments with your weak logic

Originally Posted by rapxiii View Post
    it is possible to gain muscle while on IF. Do u even know what body recomp means in bodybuilding?
    please remove this from sig btw and no i dont because i dont waste my time going into technicals when i just need to know what to do and how to do it i was just making sure you werent a doubter
    Cliffs:
    - i dont waste time with technicalities
    - ive lost weight and kept my muscle mass while on IF 2 months straight
    - im satisfied with my results
    - 95% sure i wasnt in a caloric deficit

MORE CLIFFS:
    - last time i did cut by the deficit way i gained all my fat back 1 week due to being hungry 24/7 and i went all out
    - im off IF for 2 weeks now and ive been stuffing my face more than i have when i was on a regualr cut and my 6 pack is still slightly visible and my chest fat has yet to returned

brb dont give one single fuk

Seriously dude, 90% of your post has nothing to do with what I said. Im not hating on IF, I haven't done it before because I tend to be a grazer, and I usually like to eat right when I wake up, don't like training fasted, etc. But if you like the lifestyle, by all means, do it. I couldn't care less what you do. But, all of that is completely unrelated to what I was talking about. All I was saying is that without accurately tracking calories, you can't claim that you are eating in a surplus and losing weight. Stop spewing bullshyt comments, read the fuking posts people are making, and stop being a little ******* trying to win nonexistent arguments with your weak logic

ok so its just a coincidence all those great things happended to me while on IF?
    Brb eating mcdonalds, pizza hut, fried chicken with french fries, chips and endless snacks, and your meaning to tell me that just because i didnt count calories i didnt exceed the limit?
    pls go

Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mikelh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    please remove this from sig btw and no i dont because i dont waste my time going into technicals when i just need to know what to do and how to do it i was just making sure you werent a doubter
    Cliffs:
    - i dont waste time with technicalities
    - ive lost weight and kept my muscle mass while on IF 2 months straight
    - im satisfied with my results
    - 95% sure i wasnt in a caloric deficit

MORE CLIFFS:
    - last time i did cut by the deficit way i gained all my fat back 1 week due to being hungry 24/7 and i went all out
    - im off IF for 2 weeks now and ive been stuffing my face more than i have when i was on a regualr cut and my 6 pack is still slightly visible and my chest fat has yet to returned

The Real Cliffs of IF

Additional Cliffs

Originally Posted by frank112 View Post
    IF is good because it works for some people to remain consistent with their diets. Otherwise, it has no magical benefits assuming you're eating at the same caloric/macro level as you would other diets.

And yes i've tried several diets including IF for several months at a time and they all worked well for me since I remained at a consistent deficit. My favorite is to simply carb-cycle because I like eating several times throughout the day. I didn't lose or gain anything between eating throughout the day vs. when I fasted 16 hours a day expect for a better mental state.
    just read the damn bold and stop avoiding my points

[IMG]ttp://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/bertstare_nfl.gif[/IMG]
    see when everyone starts to suck each others dicks its impossible to convince anyone because if 1 person starts to come around everyone else will just look like dumbasses for not looking at the real preblem

i tried helping but if you all wanna stick to starving yourselves to lose weight go ahead

ok so its just a coincidence all those great things happended to me while on IF?
    Brb eating mcdonalds, pizza hut, fried chicken with french fries, chips and endless snacks, and your meaning to tell me that just because i didnt count calories i didnt exceed the limit?
    pls go
    Okay, since i'm talking to someone who apparently doesnt fully understand how the english language actually works, i'll reiterate as clearly as possible. I'm not saying you weren't exceeding your maintenance level. What I am saying is that in order to make a claim like the one you are making, you need data (read: your actual caloric intake, not a "rough estimate") to back it up. I don't care if you were eating a 5000kcal surplus of McFlurries every day, without the data showing that, nobody will take you seriously and you will continue to look like a dumbass.

see when everyone starts to suck each others dicks its impossible to convince anyone because if 1 person starts to come around everyone else will just look like dumbasses for not looking at the real preblem
    Also.. what the fuk are you even trying to say here?

Also.. what the fuk are you even trying to say here?
    everyone is on the garythesnail is an idiot bandwagon even though i know exactly what im talking about and i am willing to bet my life that i know what im saying is true
    So its to late to convince anyone on the bandwagon what im saying is correct because they dont wanna look like an idiot infront of there misc buddies

Listen.. I have no reason to doubt that you know what you're doing, especially because I've never done IF. I've read up on it a bit, contemplating doing it later this summer, but i'm not an expert. The only point I'm trying to make is that you have no numbers to back up your claims, and you haven't linked any studies or references showing that you can lose weight on a surplus while doing IF.. until you cover those, you aren't going to make progress in convincing anybody

Listen.. I have no reason to doubt that you know what you're doing, especially because I've never done IF. I've read up on it a bit, contemplating doing it later this summer, but i'm not an expert. The only point I'm trying to make is that you have no numbers to back up your claims, and you haven't linked any studies or references showing that you can lose weight on a surplus while doing IF.. until you cover those, you aren't going to make progress in convincing anybody
    whatever you say im just here to help op