Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    abslover007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Direct fomr the Excel formula:

Weight in kg*7.5 for Carbs.
    Weight in kg*4 for Proteins.

Originally Posted by Psyfactor312 View Post
    Man2K,

Please tell us WHICH FORMULA you use for calculating the carbs on carb day?

Could you please post the formula only?

GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey If I work out 3 times a week + Cardio after workouts should I still be using the value of 1.55? Rest of the time I am either at school or home sitting..

sexybunsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Macros

First of all, I'm so glad I discovered this awesome spreadsheet. I have been doing so much research over the past few weeks and had a hard time finding good information, especially on carb loading.
    When it comes to tracking calories and macros, how precise does it need to be, and what does not get counted? As an example, I eat natural peanut butter. In 1 serving there are 16g of fat, 6 grams of carbs and 7 grams of protein. I usually have 3 servings a day. Does everything get counted, or is this just considered one of the fats I should count, and I should exclude the carbs, or what?
    Wondering the same thing as far as the carb up goes. trying to get the right amount of carbs in while keeping fat at a certain percentage. Wondering what is actually considered fat.

Thanks all. Great thread

ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sexybunsg View Post
    First of all, I'm so glad I discovered this awesome spreadsheet. I have been doing so much research over the past few weeks and had a hard time finding good information, especially on carb loading.
    When it comes to tracking calories and macros, how precise does it need to be, and what does not get counted? As an example, I eat natural peanut butter. In 1 serving there are 16g of fat, 6 grams of carbs and 7 grams of protein. I usually have 3 servings a day. Does everything get counted, or is this just considered one of the fats I should count, and I should exclude the carbs, or what?
    Wondering the same thing as far as the carb up goes. trying to get the right amount of carbs in while keeping fat at a certain percentage. Wondering what is actually considered fat.

Thanks all. Great thread
    all carbs count unless they are from fiber, than you can subtract those from your carb total.

zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zersch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    perfect! it helped me out a lot bro thnks!

im 6" with 15bf% and will start a keto bulk after the 2 weeks of adaptation(first time on a keto diet)

is it ok if i do the macros:
    Fat: 60% Protein: 37% Carbs: 3%

that way i can get around 300gr of protein
    and carbs around: 27gr

Calories Grams
    Fat 2097 233
    Protein 1293 323
    Carbs 105 26
    Total 3494

BMR: 1945
    BMR+Activity: 3112
    Target BMR with diet: 3734
    - To bring the best package and do the most damage, u need to play the mass game with some solid gains and quality muscle, that's how to do battle -

Some call it obsession, but for me its all about dedication..

------ MY KETO BULKING PLAN ------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=567676111#post567676111

Location: Darlington, Co Durham, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    milney18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great work, im just starting and my diet is almost bang on what your calc tells me. will be good to use during the bulk stage thanx

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More people need to see this calculator. OP is da man, now if only he can get that advanced calculator for us.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is AMAZING!!!!!
    Do you have a TKD calculator also?

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question...... At the risk of coming across like a total retard.... Im new to keto and I was wondering as far as weight loss; Should I eat my bmr calories minus 500 to lose weight or the bmr + activity caories minus 500 to lose weight? Or is the bmr + activity calories what I should eat to lose weight?

CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptainSquatz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's one question that's bugging me. Do you also count the protein from carb rich foods on carb up day?
    Say I'm on my carb up day and I would like to reach 120g of protein and the rest high carbs/low fat, now do I count the protein only from meat/fish/eggs/dairy/whey sources or can I count them also from oatmeal? For example 100g of oatmeal has 10g of protein, so can I count the protein from carb foods or just exclude them because I heard a few people say these protein are of less value? I'm confused...

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CaptainSquatz View Post
    There's one question that's bugging me. Do you also count the protein from carb rich foods on carb up day?
    Say I'm on my carb up day and I would like to reach 120g of protein and the rest high carbs/low fat, now do I count the protein only from meat/fish/eggs/dairy/whey sources or can I count them also from oatmeal? For example 100g of oatmeal has 10g of protein, so can I count the protein from carb foods or just exclude them because I heard a few people say these protein are of less value? I'm confused...
    You count all 3 macros for whatever food you ate. So if the oatmeal has 10g protein, you count the 10g protein.

B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B.A.B. is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This seriously needs to be stickied, I have no idea why its not already.

Spent ages trying to make sure I had my numbers right, then found this thread afterwards lol. Very, very helpful, thanks OP!
    Currently clearing a rep debt to over 1000 people in this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110024901
    Upto post #566 done as off August 29th 2011
    At 5 reps a day, this will take a while! Plus Im not on every day, but I'll still get through this..

Current status - Cutting - Start 182.25 - Current 176.75 - Aim 165

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump on epic thread
    2020 Comeback from hiatus. Time to get blench
    Running a Max-OT style routine to get the wheel turning

proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10) proTest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks a lot for this. Makes tracking my diet much quicker! But.. just to annoy you some more - student sitting in lessons approx 6-7h a day, about an hour of heavy lifting workout three times a week, pretty sedentary aside from that. Kept at 1,55 as the default in the excel file, should I decrease it to ~1,4?

phoenixphire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im a newbie to Keto, so this will help me tremendously! REPPED!!!

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow, loved this!

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jukia5880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kwebbers View Post
    wow, loved this!
    Bump for awesome-ness
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

!!!!!!Less Is More!!!!!!

kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do I need to drink the pwo shake even on non training days ?? If I don't, my daily cal intake is 1819 cal, which seem a little bit low. I'm 20 years old, 5"7, 180 lbs, 18% bf looking to lose fat while preserving muscle mass.
    reps: swoleness19

BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000)

Reps for Help

Keto Newb question:
    On Calc spot (2)
    Do we input our ACTUAL Total weight?
    Or Lean Mass Weight? (Minus Body Fat)

Thanks.
    Airborne Paratrooper
    U.S. Navy, JSOC
    Combat Veteran OEF/OIF '01-'04

Stinkum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So very helpful, thanks!

BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BLWNUP View Post
    Keto Newb question:
    On Calc spot (2)
    Do we input our ACTUAL Total weight?
    Or Lean Mass Weight? (Minus Body Fat)

Thanks.
    I meant Lean Body Mass...

Anyone?
    Airborne Paratrooper
    U.S. Navy, JSOC
    Combat Veteran OEF/OIF '01-'04

Going2Town has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone calculate my stats for me, my laptop doesn't have a program for that?

1. 21

2. 150

3. 71

4. 1.6

5. 1.0

6. 130

65%-30%-5%

Male

kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump
    Can this be stickied? I could have used it....

bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000) bornfrompain is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Going2Town View Post
    Can someone calculate my stats for me, my laptop doesn't have a program for that?

1. 21

2. 150

3. 71

4. 1.6

5. 1.0

6. 130

65%-30%-5%

Male
    here you go. I put 5 meals as the frequency. The calc excel file is on the 1st page, by the way

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

acovk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone, Im 26, weigh 195, and am 6'3".

Just wondering how net calories play into this.
    My BMR is 2053, BMR + Activity =3286 (not sure I understand this measure), and Target BMR with diet is 2628.
    My total nutrients need to total 2498 calories and ive figured out how ill do that so that the correct ratio of fat and protein is taken into account.

What I dont know is how much im supposed to be exercising, or in other words, how many calories should I be burning through exercise?

Livestong (my nutrition log) had me thinking that if my bmr was 2056 that I should be coming in at around 1500 net calories if I wanted to drop weight every day...I was consuming a ton of calories though and burning a ton as well. I just made sure that at the end of the day I ended up with a net intake of around 1500/deficit of 500....now that im changing my diet though, and am cutting carbs entirely, I cant imagine eating another 1000 calories worth of fat to compensate for all the exercise.

SO, if my BMR is 2056, can someone please advise me on this net calorie issue and how many calories should be expended through exercise, defecit etc.?

Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If this was stickied we'd have like 10 less threads a day lulz
    U.S Army Soldier
    #23 Ranked Competitive Eater with Major League Eating
    Dallas Cowboys | Charlotte Bobcats
    Future WWE Champion -Lance Storm Wrestling Academy in Sept 2014

acovk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by buttabeen View Post
    Question...... At the risk of coming across like a total retard.... Im new to keto and I was wondering as far as weight loss; Should I eat my bmr calories minus 500 to lose weight or the bmr + activity caories minus 500 to lose weight? Or is the bmr + activity calories what I should eat to lose weight?
    Thats exactly what Im trying to figure out. If you are supposed to eat the bmr plus activity calories, and then subtract, say 500, I assume those calories need to come primarily from fat as well?

Have you foud out yet?

DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DNRCMO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started looking into CKD and I'm glad I found this. I lost about 35 pounds over the last 2 years a different way (some strength too) and I'm just finishing up Kris's 12 weeks of Hardcore Training. I'm looking forward to starting a CKD run after I finish school in the next two weeks - then my schedule is easy to plan.

Thanx again for the calculator.
    OBSESSED are what the LAZY call the DETERMINED!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

rodrigues94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Perfect !
    Everyone should use that, (begginers like me)
    Thanks for the ideia .

Starting CKD + LEANGAINS ...

Mandy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Step 5 - I don't know what precentage I want. I'm 5'6 at 130 but I'd like to be 115. So what precentage would that be?

Step 6 - Is this an everyday shake or the shake you take after your final workout? Wouldn't you make it with no carbs, why would you add 10g of dextrose (carbs)?